Welcome to Squadra916

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

charlee

My GTV V6 TB

493 posts in this topic

Not like this. When the car is started it runs at 2000rpm, then settles down when the engine gets warm. If it's started when warm, everyhing is fine. It sometimes starts hunting when warm, but not every time. It's not so agressive like on the video...

Maybe you should look at your idle steppemotor, this could really mess up your engine. This was my problem, you can find one cheap not ATP @ eBay.

I have tried one that works from a friend and the idle was somewhat better but still too high when cold.

As far I know so is the TB ECU non adaptive, so the control of actuators are fixed by the values programmed in the ECU maps and no adjustments are made for wear on the sensors.

Have you checked the temp sensor yet ?, they can seems to work but on certain temp values they do not work correct, it can give odd phenomenon on the engine.

You have your MES almost working. Than you can read out the cooling water temp and the air temp of the AFM. Just turn on your ignition but not start and read out the parameters write them down. also read out you AFM value. I have some similar afm loggings of my tb at idle.

QuoteFilip, on 23 Feb 2015 - 12:13, said:

No! ;)

Elaborate Filip, you must be good in english now when live in UK and all.  :)

:hello: By the way how is it to drive on the wrong side of the road......bananas? :banana:

Edited by GTV-TB

Because the Blacklines have more attitude that goes along with the Cup kit on your car, Charlee. The multispokes would look too plain I believe!

I haven't driven in the UK yet, actually :/

I've driven RHD cars before but on the correct side of the road, so that doesn't count...

Wich one?

Hyper silver (argentum) they are dark in the shade and bright silver in the sun, ore the gun metal grey...

I think the gun metal grey looks best and is cheaper to respray!

post-194-0-68402500-1424777892_thumb.jpg

post-194-0-41856100-1424777901_thumb.jpg

Ok, understood. I like how they looked on Joris' Spider.

So, you didn't get a car yet? :)

No, but I live on campus and almost everything is like 200 meters away... Would be nice to bring my GTV over once I get the rear suspension rebuilt :)

My complete P2 conversion is slowly progressing. I am still gathering parts for the job. The goal is a fully functional P2 interior with aircon (just heating at the beginning, need P2 TB pipes to make it work). Many thanks to pkr for his technical knowledge and advice.

What needs to be done first is to remove the dash and the old heater unit out of the car. I suppose I need to flush the coolant, right?

Then I need to wire the unit and make it work. Next will be the center clocks that I want to change to P2 due to clearance issues with my current P1/P2 mutant monster.

And then I would really like to cover the dash, door panels, etc in leather and alcantara. Still have to decide wether red or black leather. Red would look cool.

And then we move to other mechanical stuff like suspension, etc. After that, a full respray.

I will go into more detail as I go, this is just a quick recap :)

It might end horribly, but will give it a try :lol: