Welcome to Squadra916

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

kapiteinlangzaam

My well used and modified Spider TS.

39 posts in this topic

Sorry, I read 2300 and road tax?

Yup, heavy diesel engined XC90 is 2300eur per year road tax here in NL.

The Spider is 640euro!

DSC_0105.jpg

Looks superb, but the isn't the new backbox tails touch the rear bumper. If so you may want to adjust that or it could damage the bumper from the heat.

It doesnt touch :)  Just the picture makes it look like that.

About the brakes - like the other poster mentioned, almost all the braking force is on the front brakes on the 916, so its not really worth upgrading the rear brakes.

I just changed the rears to brand new OEM spec Brembo discs and pads at the same time.  By upgrading the rear brakes to something bigger, you run the risk of upsetting the balance and having the back end overtake the front under heavy breaking.  

The 305mm and Brembo callipers are a really nice combo, perfect feel, no fade, and you dont need to change the master cylinder.  I also installed new HEL stainless flexi-lines and copper fixed lines.

Right now im waiting for a guy here in NL to fabricate some brackets that will allow me to fit 330mm discs with the 166 callipers :)

Worth noting that the 166 4-pot calliper have much bigger pistons than the Brembo brakes fitted to the V6 916s.  The callipers themselves are also a sh!t load bigger!  They fit under the 16" wheels with about 2-3mm to spare.  

Because my car is lowered I had to shave about 2mm from the outer edge of the LCA knuckle, otherwise they rubbed the inside of the disc when turning.

Edited by kapiteinlangzaam

I use the 330mm brake discs and 6 pot calipers  at  front with OE rear brakes and it works very well.

Is that a simple swap or did it require custom parts (brackets etc)?

The Spider is 640euro!

Damn!  :o

The Spider used to be registered in Luxembourg.

ZH9143

I used to work on Plateau Kichberg.  I cant remember what the roadtax was that I paid, but I get the feeling it was CHEAP!!

DSC00189Large.jpg

DSC00190Large.jpg

Is that a simple swap or did it require custom parts (brackets etc)?

An easy swap :) , it's radial mounted calipers that was supplied with brackets that fits GTV TB.

Over 250,000 km!!! Great! I think you are a winner here with that milage!

And I might come second because mine's got 120k miles on the clock  :D  250k isn't that many when you think about it though... My brother has a Mercedes with 600k+ and that car has been clocked... I reckon its covered 800k or even more..  :D  :D

An easy swap :) , it's radial mounted calipers that was supplied with brackets that fits GTV TB.

Can you please list the parts that you have replaced?

And I might come second because mine's got 120k miles on the clock  :D  250k isn't that many when you think about it though... My brother has a Mercedes with 600k+ and that car has been clocked... I reckon its covered 800k or even more..  :D  :D

Well 600k on a Mercedes is less impressive than 250k on an Alfa maybe? ;)

The 166 Callipers require custom brackets.  

There sets for sale on the Dutch Alfa forums at the moment :)

Front brake hoses.

Calipers and brake pads.

Brake discs.

Well 600k on a Mercedes is less impressive than 250k on an Alfa maybe? 

I have too agree on that one  :thumbsup: And Alfas can last lost long if you look after them. Many people say that Alfas are unreliable only because..well..most never had one and those who had never looked after it properly :) 

The Spider is 640euro!

So the cost of road tax depends on the weight of the car? Here in the UK it's calculated by CO2 so by comparision it's "only" £280 a year.