Welcome to Squadra916

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Zaphod

Zoe Yellow Spider AKA 'The Spaceship'

I have a Zoe Yellow 16v TwinSpark Spider, it's had a hard time recently but it is getting better! just changed the indicator stalks, replaced 5th gear which was rather terminal, Fixed the airbags and made the air con work by vacuuming it out and refilling with gas. I've also done the cam belt, balancer shafts belt and replaced the rocker cover gasket, it's getting there! however I have a curious ABS problem which manifests as no ABS light at all and the handbrake light on permanently. I have already tried 4 ABS ECUs, 2 that worked perfectly well on the cars they came off. More on that elsewhere! It also does not turn the radio off when the ignition is off.. is this right?

Nice colour! :thumbsup:

Well... regarding the radio: it depends on how it has been wired..

Normally the radio gets permanent power and switched power via the ignition key. This makes the radio switch off when the key is taken away. Maybe the former owner did not like that....

It is a pitty our Alfa's just have "ignition" and "start" on the starter key switch. They don't have an "accessory" position.