Welcome to Squadra916

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Bill

Lost my only key

Hi everyone, I've lost my only Key to my 916 Spider.

Actually it was stolen and now I'm try to finger out how to go about replacing it.

Can someone please help?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

If the official Alfa Romeo dealer can't help, you'll have to replace locks and ECU. Not an easy job and not easy to find it in ok condition on scrapeyards. There is an option to remove the Alfa Code by reprogramming your ECU (expensive), but you'll still need the new keys/locks. So, there is no easy/cheap solution. In some cases Alfa Romeo can make a replica key by your serial number - yet, if available, I heard it is a slow and expensive process.

Today it's quite cheap to make a replica key when you have one in working order (100€ here), so take this as a life lesson.

Thanks Paso, it has been a very stressful life lesson that I will not get over lightly.
I guess I'll have to tow the car to a dealer.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Did you get this sorted in the end? I did the same thing last year and my car has sat in the garage ever since! 

I've just managed to buy a complete new old stock set of keys, locks and ignition barrel from Italy, but now need to get my CCE and CCM reprogrammed to the new key code. 

20200702_124111.jpg