Welcome to Squadra916

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

jonalfaspider

Ultimate 916 Spider

156 posts in this topic

Spacers on the back are exactly what is needed, thanks for the update, just made up my mind :)

Still, what tire sizes are you using? Makes me think they are 225/35 or something similar, they don't look the right size..

Spacers on the back are exactly what is needed, thanks for the update, just made up my mind
Still, what tire sizes are you using? Makes me think they are 225/35 or something similar, they don't look the right size..

I'm going to guess 215/40 18

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

If your after 20mm spacers these are what I bought, great buy for the price. http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Genuine-NEW-Momo-Alloy-Wheel-Spacers-20mm-58-1mm-5-Stud-Pair-Alfa-Fiat-Peugeot-/272530234080?epid=561074411&hash=item3f74115ae0%3Ag%3AVMQAAOSwImRYgzDz&_trkparms=pageci%3A15be5034-5aaf-11e7-aed6-74dbd18015f5%7Cparentrq%3Ae61e5ddf15c0ab6a85ff0369fffb0612%7Ciid%3A4

the tyres are 215/30/18, the reason for this is I'm going to drop the car very low with the new coilovers I bought. This is the look I'm after 

IMG_0506.PNG

Original Alfa spider outdoor cover fitted will be useful in the winter.

looks 😎

Would love red indoor cover

Stands out in the car park and still looks good under cover 😀

IMG_0564.JPG

IMG_0566.JPG

IMG_0573.JPG

Well guys, I'm up and out early this morning.........

this thread is about creatingthe ultimate 916 spider so I'm off to look at one very rare 916. 😆

I have no pics as non on advert so Let me give you a few details, well what I know through a lot of research 😎

ALFA 916 SPIDER AUTODELTA 

The car represents a slice of Alfa history as it was one of the first Twin Spark Spiders off the production line and the first Spider that Autodelta chose to show off their Spider Conversion. This Spider featured on the Autodelta stand in the 1996 Motor Show know as the J10 spider.

The Autodelta transformation and conversion consisted of several expensive upgraded. The conversion consisted of

A Turbo kits fitted known as the "EVO" versions as it's powered by a 2.0 turbo unit with 220bhp on tap. The Autodelta j10 2.0 turbo brings a top speed of 152mph and a 0-62mph sprint of just under 6.2 seconds. The conversion is just under £5k.

The car also has a unique number plate of J10 SPY valued at £1k. J10 is of course the technical name for the 2 litre turbo twin spark engine. the engine also has Full racing ss manifold and straight through quad exhaust system costing around £800. It also has a exstended 5th gearing.

The exterior is fitted with a full Autodelta body kit, side skirts, front splitter/spoiler 

rear spoiler and aprons this would have cost around £1k

The suspension has been changed with autodelta upgraded suspension, shocks, springs etc with quick release toora alloys.

The interior has also been upgraded with Roll bars Special flocked interior with push button start and Autodelta dashboard. White dials and chrome details

The car also comes with the Autodelta hard top (very rare) and at the time sold for £1500.

I may well have Missed something but know This conversion cost over £10,000 and there is a full service history with the car. You can apparently also find a 20" x 12" Photos of the car in the Autodelta workshop in London.

The car sadly has sat in the seller garage for nearly 3 years only covering a few hundred miles. It needs work their is a oil leak and wripped cv joint, nothing I'm worried about. The biggest issue with the car is it's been plastered in Alfa stickers, logos and badges. It's also got a two tone wrap, wripped seats some needs some tlc again nother major.

you will know the car.......

just check out the autodelta website 😎

IMG_0641.JPG.ee21f4e23a93ebcb97ab83c1f41e0180.JPGIMG_0640.JPG.5a05930ad4014d6926a5dee069faf9d7.JPG

I'm not going to lie I'm so excited I couldn't sleep last night, 😜🤞

Wish me luck 👍

Edited by jonalfaspider

Good luck! Sounds like some good work can bring her back to life.

Sent from my E5823 using Tapatalk

Ok guys well the spider requires a lot of work, more than I expected but the car is only 1 of 2 916 spider shows cars autodelta made. They apparently made a 916 gtv as well I wonder where that is now, anyway I already have a gtv v6 and a spider so with it needing a fair bit of work it really wasn't practical getting another 916 and this would be a long term projected.

the seller quite honestly admitted he liked the idea of having a "wackie rare car in his garage" and except the mot's it's not been looked after, we went for a test drive and it felt like a twinny and then the car just slams you in the back and launches off. After half hours I end up...............................................

buying it!! 😬🤔😋

after signing and filling out the paper working and handing over the money while chatting about cars in general, his other car was a merc 5.0amg he asked me if I had break down cover!?! 🤢 As you can imagine I reacted to that and he assured me he knew of know major faults and mention it because he knew I had come from over 100miles away and the car had hardly be drive at all last year.😔 

I took the spider anyway it's was super rare I liked the looks except the wrap, it's super low, the body kit is cool, rear quads and autodelta aprons are sweet and the hard top just gives the car a compleate new look. Plus I negotiated a very good price😜 And I knew if the car blew up on the way home I could sell the hardtop and it would get back half the cost I paid for the car so it was a risk I took.

i drive it to the closed petrol station and filled her up, one of the tyres look flat si filled them with air. This didn't fill me with much confidence that the car had been well maintained as the flat tyre was on 9psi and the other three were all below 20psi. The car certainly gets a lot of looks and attention.

so I set up the sat nav and set of on my journey home. The car takes a little while to warm up so think it needs a new stat but once their sat at perfectly at 90, after about a hour I feel comftable, the car is driving fine and tempeture is good I start to push the car a little bit and have some fun. When the boost kicks in it was great fun, it's also fitted with quick shift and short gear stick so when I booted it if I got the gear change right you could ride the boost and it felt crazy fast................................... but then the car jerked and juddered and lost the turbo power 😔 When I put my foot down now it just felt like my twin turbo spider😞 And when the turbo was meant to kick in the car made a bush wooshing sound and not a lot happen anymore, in fact the whole last hour the car felt slow, slower than my twinny, there was no knocking or spluttering but just wooshing should and no power 🤔 I think/hope a turbo hose has come off or maybe intake for some reason I wasn't too worried as the car still drove fine just lacked power so fingers crossed it's nothing major and at the price I paid I expected a few faults. 

So so got the car home 🏡 and parked up I had a good walk round and noticed a few more things like the white dials random buttons in the centre console, autodelta strut brace fitted, and a chip in the window screen. Anyway I didn't have any time to start fiddling as have gone away so the car is parked up awaiting some much needed tlc. The fist thing I will do is to remove the Alfa decals and then the wrap as it's peeling away in places, then pop the bonnet and investigate 👍

Well done on the purchase Jon! sounds like you have got yourself a good project car to play with.

Sounds like a lot of fun bringing it back from the brink.

Good stuff! As you say, the sound of wooshing is hopefully just a blown hose. Photos when you get back please!

I did take a quick few pics on my phone, here are the pics I screen shot from the advert, it's funny after we were counting out the cash a guy phoned wanting to buy it so I'm glad I moved on it quickly.

IMG_0688.PNG

IMG_0689.PNG

IMG_0690.PNG

IMG_0691.PNG

IMG_0692.PNG

IMG_0693.PNG

IMG_0673.thumb.JPG.3dd72a9cd988e34b8d49a5d1a6aab262.JPGAnd Here's the quick pics I took not great pics but was rushed, the wrap has started to peel in places like the wing mirrors. I don't like the big Alfa logo on the bonnet either plus the j10 woman Alfa logo at front and rear, they are a little max power for my liking. I want to take the car back to how it is on the Autodelta 

IMG_0674.JPG

IMG_0676.JPG

IMG_0678.JPG

IMG_0679.JPG

IMG_0681.JPG

IMG_0685.JPG

Edited by jonalfaspider

Sounds like a good plan! Gotta say, in my eyes, that spoiler doesn't look right at all! And you're right on the stickers and wrap. I rather like the wheels though. And was actually a little surprised to see its based on a PH1. All good though.

Love the inset Alfa emblem on the hard top too.

That's great bud that's how I want it to look, except without the Alfa serpants on the wings and without the autodelta spoiler, thanks for the info 👍

And the interior? It's so dirty covered in dust and dirt and grime, the grey flock has been marked and again very dirty. The push start button is cool, any idea what the button near the gear lever does at the end of the centre console? Also what's the red light under the white dials? Any ideas anyone? 

IMG_0665.JPG

IMG_0666.JPG

IMG_0667.JPG

IMG_0669.JPG

IMG_0670.JPG

I have just read you have just bought your first Alfa so they do take some time getting used to, the mi button on the right is the mileage/trip reset  button. If you have any other questions just ask. 

I had had my first 916 spider 2 years before I realised there was somewhere to sit the petrol cap when filling up lol! I used to just sit it on the boot..... doh! Lol! 😂

I like the resonator removal in one of your first pics.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

On 7/21/2017 at 19:20, jonalfaspider said:

I have just read you have just bought your first Alfa so they do take some time getting used to, the mi button on the right is the mileage/trip reset  button. If you have any other questions just ask. 

I had had my first 916 spider 2 years before I realised there was somewhere to sit the petrol cap when filling up lol! I used to just sit it on the boot..... doh! Lol! 😂

The day I bought my Spider, was in services on way home wondering how to open the petrol flap. I had to ring the previous owner, who for a brief moment thought the car had broken down!