Welcome to Squadra916

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

jonalfaspider

Ultimate 916 Spider

156 posts in this topic

Hi Guys,  most of you know me from my "Alfa gtv v6 project black edition" that is now finished. I thought now its done its time to focus on my spider that has taken the back seat and at its best used to look like this.

post-125-0-30403100-1422658604_thumb.jpg.c263afab689e77631d5b720a183c88c2.jpg.ac4a317277df7a72a26749e46c35de68.jpg

Those who dont over the last couple of years i have turn this

BACK OF GTV V6.jpgget-attachment (3).jpgalfa gtv engine bay 23 NNNNNN.jpg

To this

post-125-0-64935900-1423005525.jpgget-attachment (34).jpg

image.thumb.jpg.1cac37da7e1c04c4f324a0bab8322a8d.jpgimage.thumb.jpg.5df883924f23bf9914d77a8695bf6d39.jpgimage.thumb.jpg.cf989bf8438877b6fff872b358a496ae.jpgimage.thumb.jpg.7b0bebd128e12dea3c793a5e84151394.jpg

Now the v6 is done the plan is to turn my attention to my spider. My spider is in good condition but its taken back seat over the last few years so i want to give it some tlc and turn into my ultimate spider!!!

Edited by jonalfaspider

image.jpgFirst off my spider overall in a good one its a ph1 but looks like a ph2, i have already done a lot of mods and upgrades and It was fully reburbed in 2010, everything was done including full respray, powerflexed, stainless steal exhaust etc. When i bought it i added the ph2 tan mono leather interior, black leater gaitors with tan stitching, chrome door kick plate, blacklines alloys.....now sold :-( a big regret! black roof liner, rosso red centre console and speedo dials, lowered 30mm and a few other tweaks and changes.

At its best i had it looking like this

post-125-0-30403100-1422658604_thumb.jpgpost-125-0-93358800-1422658645.jpgpost-125-0-99720100-1422658664_thumb.jpg

unfortunately the spider is tucked away in my garage as im doing the wishbone, drop links and cv joints. The current wheels dont suit it and i have a few other things i want to change. 

image.jpg 

Before she went in my garage, how she is today

image.jpg

Edited by jonalfaspider

So yeah my spider is nice but i have saved loads of pics of my favorite spiders i have seen over the years and this is my inspiration to get my spider up their with the ultimate spiders. 

hear they are my best of the best, first off none cup kits spiders.image.jpgimage.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg  Love the stance of these my first mod is to fit coilovers and drop the car this low.

image.jpg

This silver spider off the forum is also a stunner, I love the wheels, quads and roll over bars, very cool!

Edited by jonalfaspider

Then theirs the autodelta spiders these have some very nice extras fitted, I really like the autodelta rear diffuser and speedster humps.image.jpgimage.jpg

image.jpgimage.jpg

very temped by the speedster humps, there just isn't many pics around of them.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by jonalfaspider

:wub:Then the other beauties fitted with cup kits mostly off this forum.image.jpgimage.jpg

image.jpgimage.jpg

Who doesn't love a white 916

image.jpgimage.jpg

not keen on the wheels but great stance and front 

image.jpg

image.jpg

Like the humps on this 

Edited by jonalfaspider

To be honest the best spider picture out of the lot is the one of your spider with with black line alloys in silver.
Looks amazing, add some small spacers and maybe drop it touch and perfection !

Cheers bud it did look good with those blackline wheels I really regret selling them, I have managed to sourse two alloys just need to find two more. I also bought some used roll over bars but no bolts or instruction so going to have to figure out how to fit them maybe have to drill a few holes? image.jpgimage.jpg

might cover these with tan leather using the back bit of leather off the battered old spare tan leather  seats I have knocking about.

Anyway I brought My little red baby out of winter hibernation today and the car wouldn't start......1.9v on the battery lol! New battery bought and fitted and she is alive.image.jpg

Edited by jonalfaspider

Also the exhaust tip needs to be replaced as it's very ugly the car sounds great for a twinny but it's just so ugly so thinking a nice twin exhaust.image.jpg I fitted one of the front coilovers today and like the stance on the lowest settings with 10mm spacers.

image.jpg

image.jpgimage.jpg

Edited by jonalfaspider

You should respray those lambo wheels in gunmetal, or plain silver. One can hardly notice them in black.

You should respray those lambo wheels in gunmetal, or plain silver. One can hardly notice them in black.

Agreed, gunmetal.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

That red spider in the last photo has a novitec lower lip I believe, better than the cup imo.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Agree I like the novitec looks sweet. My lambo wheels have come off and going for a refurb, a silver grey with a hint oh black taken from below image.jpg.369598c51f9bae49d0cceb72ae74fc5b.jpg

Done the inner and outer cv joints both sides, wishbones, droplinks and fitted both front coilover ( rear still todo) had to taken them up as kept rubbing on the wheel arch liners.image.thumb.jpg.eddf717ffeb369468c46356d6d66aae4.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.7ef586b5a312c7efbd4e5792996e3063.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.fe640dce7cb72993e38dc8a78d417562.jpg

I have also ordered some honey cone grill to try something different, giulia/4c inspired 

image.jpg.07a0ca0650cd9a896817455103e25841.jpgLastly still not sure on the roll bars, I keep sitting them up and the. Taken them back off lol!image.thumb.jpg.e7bde6bd5ccffa05f60637e7bc4417f8.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.6dd6a4bc0704f73be42342dfa54fd33a.jpg

Edited by jonalfaspider

If you're going with the black accents ie wheels and grills etc try the roll hoops in black too, might look better.

Maybe a kind soul will photoshop it so you can visualise it !

Another nice spider ;-) heehee

image.thumb.jpg.4d26c0d17525bb7866a0eb8964d178d6.jpgYeah bud I could d try that plasti dip as only temporary and I'm just Saying that  I have received a delivery today :-) a full set

image.thumb.jpg.d89dd16325a408c0ee7cd2af857f5cbc.jpg

changed the alloys back over to blacklines, took a while to buy another set but worth it :-)

sat at at the mot station awaiting result!?!

image.jpg

Thanks, not long and I'm going to replace the coilovers

im now using my spider as my daily driver and it's destroying my back lol! And the roof is also squeaking now too as the ride is so harsh, unfortanutly even on the higher setting then ride is to firm, so next week I will be fitting a new set will adjustable dampers. 

Had as the roof down a fair few days now many the good weather long continue, will get some more pics on soon.... the correct way around lol! 

The spider is currently on adjustable height fk's coilovers, so fk springs and shocks...... they are great for cornering with the spider being lower but the shocks and springs are just so hard you feel every bump, dip and pot hole in the road.

the replacements are koni shocks in fk struts, the shocks are adjustable so I'm hoping I can soften up the ride a bit as it's a daily driver now.

Fitted the 20mm rear spancers today, they were only £20 for monon ones, worked out around £38 all in including the longer wheel bolts

IMG_0496.JPG

Edited by jonalfaspider