Welcome to Squadra916

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

blackbini

Alfa GTV CARBONara

222 posts in this topic

why a short gearbox on a 500pk engine?  
you improve pk and Nm why nog a long gearbox of a diesel and than the q2 ore if you use the car on track a gtv 3.0 gearbox i think those are more useful than a short gear box you want to compeet in a gymkana. 

from what I heard the GTA Gearbox is longer (more highspeed) than the 3l and also stronger. 3l gearboxes I have 2 laying around. But I read once on the internet, the 3l has its limit from material at 280kmh.

We will see :) I am happy when I get all to work and run ^^' its a ton of work  :)

I can switch and upgrade all later when its together, but next season I drive it still FWD. It has enough prework for rwd. :)

in the next days, I do the alloy tank mod. this will get crazy weightsavings and frees allready the stuff for the later rear engine :)

Here a Picture from the rear engine Project. Turbo manifold was almost done, but now I have the other big hp engine which I think I use. I am still reducing the half 166 to the minimum needed. But for this project I take enough time. As its the most extreme undone mod, I need to enjoy it :) Its easy, but alot of work.

20181125_142320.jpg

I'm confused... so the GTV will become RWD at some point? And what is the idea behind 1/2 of an 166?

yes, my insane plan:

I saw the bimotore guy from Netherland. Which has an engine in the back of his gtv.

And I thought why not just one engine with big turbo in the back. For maximum performance and traction over 350hp

In the video he said that he used a 166 subframe reverse to mount the engine in the back. To make life easier I bought an 166 cuted in half and startet planing to do it the same way.

I have allready written with the builder of the bimotore and earned some details to the build.

Will be alot of fun, no space problem for my huge turbo :)

9 hours ago, blackbini said:

from what I heard the GTA Gearbox is longer (more highspeed) than the 3l and also stronger. 3l gearboxes I have 2 laying around. But I read once on the internet, the 3l has its limit from material at 280kmh.

2.5 is the shortest one 
gta comes next 
gtv/spider 916 is a long one. 
the diesel boxes are even longer. 

corect mee if i'm wrong but the gtv was the fastest procution alfa til the 8c 

shurly also because it has the best cw value of them with around the same power (aerodynamic coeffizient)

We will see if I can smash the gearbox :) not the first thing which is going to brake ^^'

17 hours ago, cgc said:

I'd love to see a GTV with the 164 Q4 drive train on.

q4 would of course be fun, but I think does not match to the sporty agily GTV. AWD is for me more a rally thing, where its really needed :)

hihi I am glad to hear that you like my project :)

I've recieved my new Lithium Battery this is 0.5kg Compared to the ultralight 5kg Battery before absolute brutal XD I think it should be enough cranking power with 140A, but I will see later today :)

When this works I will cut the long and haevy Battery cable (the one through the whole car ) and put it in the passenger footroom :)

I'am not 100% shure if a lithium battery is really suitable with the stock alternator and so on, but we will see^^' at least it saves 5kg for very low cost XD

WhatsApp Image 2018-12-04 at 10.39.03.jpeg

On 2018-12-04 at 10:57, blackbini said:

hihi I am glad to hear that you like my project :)

I've recieved my new Lithium Battery this is 0.5kg Compared to the ultralight 5kg Battery before absolute brutal XD I think it should be enough cranking power with 140A, but I will see later today :)

When this works I will cut the long and haevy Battery cable (the one through the whole car ) and put it in the passenger footroom :)

I'am not 100% shure if a lithium battery is really suitable with the stock alternator and so on, but we will see^^' at least it saves 5kg for very low cost XD

WhatsApp Image 2018-12-04 at 10.39.03.jpeg

Interesting! Arent Li-ion batteries really expensive though? How much was this one?

On 8.12.2018 at 00:10, Paso said:

Let us know does it work and can it be used for daily driving or just on a track?

I use the car for sporty drives in the alps and track. Sometimes I daily drive it :)

On 8.12.2018 at 13:41, Filip said:

Interesting! Arent Li-ion batteries really expensive though? How much was this one?

It was 109 pounds, but unfortunately it was a very cold day when I tested it, to cold for this smal battery to start the big v6. It failed :'(

But anyways I read a lot about lithium batterys since I have one. I am glad that the lithium battery didn't work so I dont have to install it XD

My old battery is ~5kg also not that much and absolute daily usable. but what I will do is at least mount the battery in the drivers footrom, so I can save at least 500g-1kg .

Btw. the battery I use now is: https://www.demon-tweeks.com/eu/odyssey-extreme-racing-18-battery-pc535-odypc535/

Hi all

Big disillusionment, I cut out the fuel tank. Then messured it. Without gas it schould be around 21 KGs. Thought it would be alot more. :'(

The new 60l alloy fueltank (60l is needed for longer trips f.E. to track or mountain, when I race it I just fill it as much as needed) is 7KG also including fuelpump and foam.

But of course to save as much weight as possible I cut out the whole floor behind the seats and replace it with fiberglass (not carbon fiber because this will be replaced soon with the rear engine swap)

After the tank mod, the floor under the seats will be replaced with carbon fiber :)

And when my big oven gets delivered I build a new ultralight carbon dashboard :)

tank.jpg

Tripple post, but some news :)

I've cutted out a ton of sheet metal. Also de Fiberglass floor is done ( needs some grinding and painting)

Up next is pressuretesting the new Tank

Welding a Strut in the back

build the carbon foot floor in front

put all back together :) It will be incredibly loud in there :S

Oh btw. for my rear engine build I finally recieved the Turbo :) power up to 1000hp, but of course I start not with full boost, but when we want to build something street legal here (just 20% power increase is affordable) they test it and write down the part numbers ;) but one day I hope to get 3 digit HP on the rear wheels of my gtv :) would be fun 1000kg 1000hp ^^:headbang::happy0045:

IMG_20190116_085837_821.jpg

IMG_20190112_223359_879.jpg

The work you're doing for weight reduction is insane! Keep up!

About the turbo though, it might be rated for up to 1000hp, but looks like it will not spool easy..

What are the specs on the turbo? Driveability/power band might suck... :) 

On 18.1.2019 at 14:44, ALXege said:

The work you're doing for weight reduction is insane! Keep up!

About the turbo though, it might be rated for up to 1000hp, but looks like it will not spool easy..

Thank you! I will reduce all possible weight. :) Going for less weight than a 4c! I bought now a TIG welder, so I can weld billet alloy stuff and replace even more heavy parts :) Also I can weld my insane water intercooler.

Thats right, but I don't wanted small turbos wich come on their limit at 6k. I drive my engines hard to the limit and later the limiter will be at least at 8k :)

The turbo is so big, even on lowboost it showels a ton of air in that engine. Even when I would have just 0.2 Bar on low ends it would be a huge mass of air:)

But anyways with the weight of the Car this engine spools up so fast, I rarly drive it on the lower range:)

on hillclimbs with highpower streetcars allready noone defeated my monster :) (then it was ~80kg heavier than now)

On 18.1.2019 at 23:49, Filip said:

What are the specs on the turbo? Driveability/power band might suck... :) 

it says its for between 320-850hp, but a friend made with one of these 1000hp on the dyno in his supra :)

Of corse I will approach slowly ^^' (1000kg and 600hp would be power/weight ratio like a bugatti ^^)

I think the lower end won't be a problem, I will program it to have more a constant powergain than boost punch :) makes it more drivable.

Ah btw. my additional Idea is to make a boost bootle, in which I send the compressed Blowoff air. Either then by boost button or on lower boost recycleable. But thats very far in the future. ^^'

7 hours ago, elm11g said:

B) so good.

Thank you :)

Some news Fuel tank is mounted in, with maximal weight reduction :) fiberglass floor around it ( fiberglass because its temporary, later will the engine come there as you know :) )

It needed just an additional 200g alloy strut to mount it :) Perfect :) Now I need to fill up gas trough the trunk ^^' 

I'm now finishing the carbon fiber floor in front, 1.3kg each side. so unbeleavable light. You have to totally reconfigure your brain when you hold this crazy light and crazy stable floor in hand :)
the ultra Epoxy glue of death is ordered to fit this in :) hopefully I save enough weight for this effort ^^'

Now with this parts done, I made the brake through to build very strong structural parts :) I decided to try fabricating the two steel struts on the lower end of the car from carbon fiber :)

Here some pictures :)

20190126_183800.jpg

IMG_20190210_171023_832.jpg

Once it will be 100% CF ^^'

The dashboard I do in layup style to safe time building a mold :)

Stock 9kg

My optimized one before was 2kg

and my new 100%cf will be around500-800g :)

20190214_210329.jpg

IMG_20190214_221002_389.jpg