Welcome to Squadra916

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

blackbini

Alfa GTV CARBONara

222 posts in this topic

Yesterday I painted the GTV white and also made a stickerset :) 

This time the martini racing design will be alot more agressive, because its now widebody in front and rear and I can cut the stickers now at home as well as the stripes I will do myself so I can be shure its exactly as I want it :)

The next weeks will be a bit quiet. Mainseason at the office and I'm moving to a bigger shop which I have to furnish at first. So the next steps will probably follow in two - three weeks when the workload gets less :)

I don't share intentionally the pictures from the GTV in white because I have done some details which noone knows until now :) They will be kept as secret until I share progress with the martini design :) 

IMG_20180403_115223_982.jpg

21 hours ago, blackbini said:

I don't share intentionally the pictures from the GTV in white because I have done some details which noone knows until now :) They will be kept as secret until I share progress with the martini design :) 

That's not fair!!!! We want to see it!

Edited by Gaincho

ok ok, you get pictures :)

I moved today to my new and bigger garage where I have finally more space :D 

I had extended the splitter and also built fittings for the new carbon canards (but I am not shure if they are going to accept them ^^ )

Of course I need to paint the grill black and so on, but April is every year a lot of work to do at the office.

IMG_20180406_120101_874.jpg

I love this! :) It was super-cool in that Martini edition long time ago... so if you make it at least in some aspects similar, it could be really great! 

The only thing I wasn't sure about on your gtv was that mint green colour the rest of the car is like art😍 it's going to look amazing in white 👍 

I missed this!!!

Lovely work, blackbini. Can't wait to see it dressed in Martini colours

I like to hear that you want to see more :) yesterday I ordered a better wrap foil to make the stripes

I am very far on the todo list for getting it ready for the street :)

In the mean time got certificated so produce carbon fiber parts with certificate to run on street in Switzerland :) I also have a now a shop in whitch I sell carbon fiber parts for a lot of cars (incl. GTV 916 parts)

The last todo points are Martini wrap and stickers

fixate the windows finally, mount the side mirrors and go for MFK (or mot in UK)

The inside view is unbeleavable :) on top carbonfiber roof and strut, all carbonfiber and red steel piping from the cage :) 

IMG_20180513_000322_796.jpg

20180513_194922.jpg

Then you have to put some pics from the interior.

And now, that your able to work with glass and carbon fibre, don't you think of instaling a new scudetto? That gts bonnet looks like a long-nosed monkey to me :P

I've added a Alfa logo on it like on the trunk this is a good workaround for this problem as I think. (but this time its just a sticker because of weight and aerodynamics of course :) ) 

For my use there is no need of an additional intake in the hood. cooling is for now no problem and in the future the engine will go in the trunk anyway :)

I'm thinking more about a scudetto in the big hole on the bottom. ( I allways thought the original one was to high) But as it doesn't make it faster its low priority for me :)

Maybe sometime I will produce a hood and frontbumper from carbon fiber in one piece but my "big turbo rear engine rwd project" has first prio after getting it back on the road :) 

I also thought about If I will get bored in the next years after having the turbo rear engine build done I could produce a carbon fiber monocoque ^^' 

Building a even more fun car and the fastest Alfa GTV916 in the world :) 

Buy parts in my shop to support me^^

This will be great! :) An idea about scudetto, I have the same strange feeling when I see Alfa without it, BUT in your case I think there is a great solution: do you remember the fake headlights on 155 DTM made as a sticker just so that the car looks really recognizable? I think it will be possible to make a scudetto-sticker for your GTV! You don't have to modify anything, you get the aerodynamics you want and the car get that pro-racing look where the modificaiton is made but in a way to honor the original design! 

On 18.5.2018 at 07:44, Paso said:

This will be great! :) An idea about scudetto, I have the same strange feeling when I see Alfa without it, BUT in your case I think there is a great solution: do you remember the fake headlights on 155 DTM made as a sticker just so that the car looks really recognizable? I think it will be possible to make a scudetto-sticker for your GTV! You don't have to modify anything, you get the aerodynamics you want and the car get that pro-racing look where the modificaiton is made but in a way to honor the original design! 

I had this idea too, looked horrible ^^ but I made a sticker with the scudetto with the mesh from the Giulia, not original one. maybe I give it later a try with printing it. but with the result now I am happy :)

Have a look at it :) Yesterday I spent 7h with a friend wrapping the Martini Racing design. It is finally back and looks alot more aggressive like I wanted it :) 

Now some detail stickers will follow but mostly this is it :)

And finally I have "just" two points left on the checklist until it gets ready to hit the road :D

Windows and mirrors

IMG_20180521_235237_464.jpg

IMG_20180521_235443_058.jpg

Edited by blackbini

Just checked out your webshop, looking good! Wish you the best of luck for your business

Thank you! :)

Soon I try to sell more Alfa stuff which is new and unseen before on the market like the GTV Doors :) but unfortunatelly this carbon stuff is super expensive :'(

On 2018-05-23 at 08:58, blackbini said:

Thank you! :)

Soon I try to sell more Alfa stuff which is new and unseen before on the market like the GTV Doors :) but unfortunatelly this carbon stuff is super expensive :'(

Maybe market demand is higher for a fibreglass hood/bonnet? Are the margins better if you were to make those?

I just couldn't resist to make a Photoshop simulation of the Scudetto sticker for your beast! :)

It's that familiar face that we all love and recognize... it shouldn't be expensive to make in on cutter or in some print shop that do quality color prints. I intentionally used Phase 1 scudetto beacuse there is no place for chrome on this racing machine! Consider this for the sake of tradition! :)

GTV-Martini-Racing-scudetto.jpg

15 hours ago, Filip said:

Maybe market demand is higher for a fibreglass hood/bonnet? Are the margins better if you were to make those?

Yes the demand for a cheaper fiberglass hood will be higher, I think too, but there is allready one who sells them (my hood is also fiberglass)

For the GTV I just sell stuff which doesn't exist on the market. Of course I am aware the market for expensive bodywork modification on the GTV is anyway not very big. But I actually made the carbon parts for myself, reproducing is just bonus. :)

8 hours ago, Paso said:

I just couldn't resist to make a Photoshop simulation of the Scudetto sticker for your beast! :)

It's that familiar face that we all love and recognize... it shouldn't be expensive to make in on cutter or in some print shop that do quality color prints. I intentionally used Phase 1 scudetto beacuse there is no place for chrome on this racing machine! Consider this for the sake of tradition! :)

Hey this looks actually good :D I like this solution :D for now I can just cut stickers, not printing, but when I find a solution which is not too expensive I will do that :) (custom stickers are here at my location almost priceless)

Btw. I have now finally found a solution to stabilize the lexan windows. There was no way around a frame, if anyone else ever tries this, you can directly build window frame. (you will see it on later pics)

On sunday I startet disassembling my Alfa 166. Yesterday I had the super Idea where I can mount the big turbo:) 

(This is the donator car for my GTV, for the Rear Engine RWD Big Turbo Build :) ) 

I will post some pictures during the progress. this will be a long project. :) 

IMG_20180621_223217_804.jpg

while still waiting for mot on 14.8.  I'm working on my turbo setup.

I have finally decided now where I want to place the turbo. now messuring and buy some piping to make a turbo header:) 

But I am also still waiting on fittings for the new external fuel pump. 

turbo.jpg

Edited by blackbini

Yes, give us some more recent photos, I saw great one by M. Kopp Photography on some Facebook list! The car is now near perfect! :)