Welcome to Squadra916

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

blackbini

Alfa GTV CARBONara

222 posts in this topic
1 hour ago, ALXege said:

Pagani, beware! :happy0045:

hehe yes it would be possible get to the level of the One:1  but of course it would be called UNO:1  :)

The Turbo is capable of 1000hp and its not far from that weight :) but first I have to win in the lottery ^^'

Before One:1, i know Huayra has it’s fair share of CF, which yours is not far from

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Here some news. the CF floor is now finished. :)  even when the ultra glue of death was wet it was possible to fully stand on the floor. it actually moved less than the steel one.

Now its fully cured.  I didn't think that the original floor would be just 1.5-2mm. I could have made the cf one slightly thinner. But anyway its not just weightreduction its also a gain of stiffnes :)

The actual numbers are

6.5kg stock floor

4.6kg cf floor ( I thought it should be just 1.3kg each, but it seams I made more layers in the 45° angle than I planned to do.

0.3kg Super duper Epoxy glue

1.5kg saved ^^' but here we need to add also the seat mountings, wich will go CF of course. this save additional 1kg I think.

Ready for the next weight reduction mod :)

( on some blueprints I saw there is a thick metal under the shifter. This has also found its way to my list :) also the steel handbrake :) )

18IMG_20190217_161325_107.jpg

18IMG_20190217_161325_108.jpg

18VID_78190406_054708_997.mp4

Does this mean that your car can now legitimately suffer "danger to the manifold", which somehow makes the floorpan fall off - Fast & Furious style? :D  :D

38 minutes ago, VooMan said:

Does this mean that your car can now legitimately suffer "danger to the manifold", which somehow makes the floorpan fall off - Fast & Furious style? :D  :D

hehe what a coincidence, I did the installation with a friend and in the brake between cutting and glueing we whatched that movie and laught about the same scene^^  I am pretty shure this will happen ^^' with much carbon fiber sparks flying around :)

Edited by blackbini

The beast runs and drives :) all is comming together

Carbon dash, carbon seat struts :D

I soldered the gas pedal connector for more stability

At the moment I am building a diffusor.

The Quaife Diff arrived, this will be mounted with a solid flywheel and a upgrade clutch.

Just a few small things and its ready to hit the road

IMG_20190317_013815_110.jpg

IMG_20190318_152622_780.jpg

IMG_20190319_093500_841.jpg

On 28-11-2018 at 16:12, cgc said:

I'd love to see a GTV with the 164 Q4 drive train on.

Better use a 156 Q4 type drive train: That is a real permanent 4x4 system sending most of torque to the rear wheels via a TorSen central differential.

Ancient 164 Q4 system works like the 4motion system from VW with Haldex couling, only sending torque to the rear wheels when traction at the front is already lost, in other words: when it is already too late. 

no, mid engine rwd is best :) Physical Traction with the less as possible parts, especially rotating parts.

The less parts, the cheaper when it comes for upgrades :) Someday driveshafts will be from carbon fiber and alloy in this car :headbang:

Wow! Can't wait to see and hear what a mid-engined GTV will be like!

the package ist finished and ready to go finally in. will be a lot fun reconnecting all pipes hoses and wires ^^'

IMG_20200516_204049.jpg

also incredible much work :S but it will be the ultimate GTV. I even mounted the alternator in front of the engine to get best weight distribution :)

One quick info please, I guess that you must know that for sure! :)

What alternative lightweight fans you recommend for the main front cooler? Is there any straight swap model?

Thanks! :)

On 24.6.2020 at 09:57, Carlo said:

Do you use front subframe from 166 maybe? :huh:

absolut correct :)

On 3.7.2020 at 13:50, Paso said:

One quick info please, I guess that you must know that for sure! :)

What alternative lightweight fans you recommend for the main front cooler? Is there any straight swap model?

Thanks! :)

I have a big fan from Spal (bought on ebay) which is as high as the cooler. I bought an aluminium cooler for a alfa 155. Perfect fitmet. 

But there is also this solution: https://de.aliexpress.com/item/32970150067.html?spm=a2g0s.8937460.0.0.17472e0eSpbR7D

should alswo work fine :)