Welcome to Squadra916

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
charlee

New server and problems with the forum

Hey guys, hope you are all well.

We have upgraded to a new server which is faster, more stable and much prettier :D

There might be problems within the next 24 hours concerning the forum. Sometimes it can switch to the old server so it might be confusing. There is an OFFLINE message on the old server so it's not possible to post. 

Thank you for your patience and support! 

There are some problems with forum emails. You probably haven't received any from the forum lately and that is related to the move.

We are working on a fix. Sorry for any troubles this may have caused you.

Nice the new website... but il prefer the last one. :P

24 minutes ago, joeGTV said:

Nice the new website... but il prefer the last one. :P

You will get used to the new one. No turning back :dance1:

Just to add that the forum is responsive now, which means that the design responds to the device it is used on. No need for mobile themes which are semi-funcional or using Tapatalk (we will continue to support Tapatalk, no worries). People are mostly browsing the web from their mobile devices nowadays. 

Also, now it's much easier to upload images and other media into posts. 

If you need any help, let me know. :thumbsup:

Well, we'll need some time to get used to it. The new garage has many missing photos, only thumbnails show. Support for mobile devices is cool.

2 hours ago, Paso said:

Well, we'll need some time to get used to it. The new garage has many missing photos, only thumbnails show. Support for mobile devices is cool.

What do you mean about missing photos? Didn't notice that.

Check mine for example, modification photos are all there, but most of car photos have only thumbs and then just "?" when enlarged.

There are some issues with embedding YouTube videos. 

What you have to do is press ENTER after pasting a link (you just need to paste the link, not the embed code) and it will work. Then just wait for the video to display before submitting the post. 

I have tried to make the forum more compact to avoid scrolling and lots of subforums (like AO). Therefore, I have moved some forums around and removed categories.

If you think something doesn't belong to a category, or should be moved, please let me know. 

On 11 December 2015 at 00:39, charlee said:

Got it. Working on a fix. There is an error with the importer.

Have you found where the bug is? Is there a workaround? A lot of cars are without photos. The old garage module is not compatibile with the rest of the new system?

I am waiting for the plugin developer to figure out what went wrong with the import from the old version. Hopefully it will be fixed this week.

Missing photos are not the only problem.

Cars can be added normally and existing ones can be edited. Sorry for missing photos. We have tried to restore as much as we could and have managed to save 99% of them. Please check your entries and possibly update the photos.

Topic thumbnails have returned to the 'Our 916s' section. You can choose your default thumb by clicking on it and it's possible to upload a photo from your computer/device.

You can preview posts now before submitting. There is now a button on the left of 'Submit Reply'.

12 minutes ago, charlee said:

You can preview posts now before submitting. There is now a button on the left of 'Submit Reply'.

:thumbsup:

On 2016-01-15 at 10:52, charlee said:

Just for you :wub::hehe:

Big thanks :), my english is so broken so I need check my postings over and over again :bag: to find out if anyone have the slightest chance to understand what I have written :blush2: and also so that possible pictures

end up right. :happy0045: