Welcome to Squadra916

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
vanatee

Accidental restro - my 2.0 TS Spider

A year and a half ago I bought a 2.0 TS P2 Spider but some how it has spent more time off the road as a quick tidy up went out of control!

It started like this looking very tidy with a big file of receipts 5 times more than I paid for the car! The previous 2 owners spent a fortune on it: recon engine, refurbed hood, poly bushed rear, stainless steel exhaust & much more!

spider2.jpg

spider3.jpgI spent the last 10 months rebuilding the brakes, drive shafts, uprating the suspension & rust proofing it. Here's some suspension parts waiting to be fitted.

IMG_6115-1.jpg

Will post a build thread of all the work!

Welcome! Well owning an Alfa isn't cheap but it pays off !  ;) Looking nice  :thumbsup:

OK here goes my tale of a slow but complete obession with my Alfa Spider. It started back in October 2013 when after looking for a fun project to drive around in (I blame my mate who had bought a Porsche 996 but as my budget wasn't that big I started looking at Alfas). I had owned a tidy 2.0 156 before as well as having completed restorations on a number of VWs but 916 Spiders and GTVs offered good value, performance & styling so the hunt began. Anyway after a month of searching I ended up buying my Spider on the way home from work - much to my wife's surprise! It was a 2000 phase 2 which a private seller on eBay had taken as a part ex. It looked very tidy, had a recent mot plus the deal breaker was a folder of papework including receipts for nearly £10k which was 5 times what I paid for her! So I intended just a spot of tidying & then just driving but how wrong I was! In 3 weeks it went from this...spider4.jpg

spider5.jpg

spider7.jpg

...to this

20140218_144558.jpg

20140218_144549.jpg

More details to follow but fair to say I have come to hate dirty, rusty parts - so unfit for a Bella!

Edited by vanatee