Welcome to Squadra916

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

jonalfaspider

Alfa gtv v6 project black edition

161 posts in this topic

With the rad not taking long gave me a bit of play time, 

removed the the side skirt expecting to have to do some rust work on the seal after reading a cup restoration on alfaowners seeing loads of it!!

After removing mine I expected the worst but very please nothing to worry about :-) sometimes these cars make you paranoid lol! 

Still while it's off I treated the little surface rust and clean up ready to fit the cup side skirtimage.jpg

After I fitted the cup side skirt, one down one to go

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Ok guys, I'm getting board with black on black now so swapping my wheels over, I'm going to put the black lambo wheels on my rosso spider for now and taking my multi spokes in for a refurb and colour change.

they will go on my black gtv, so guys what colour do you think?

This was a trial I did with plasti dip to try and get a idea of what grey looks like.

black gtv with gold wheels? 
Black with Anthercite grey?
or black with silver?

image.jpg

I have gone for the Anthercite and have to say it's looks nice, I have only sprayed one so far and haven't applied the laquar but I'm please with the colour and the finish. 

I was driving the v6 back from work the other night and had to do a emergancy brake when two cars in front of me crashed, thankfully I managed to slam on the brakes and squeeze through the crashed cars and the centrol resavation with out a scratch. No one was hurt as they very busy arguing, but I would say both their cars were a right off so happy to not be involved especially after the cost of the cup kit. anyway I bust a brake pipe when I went from 70mph down to 30mpg in what felt like less than a second with my nose pressed against the window screen lol. I had this replaced at only £67 and I was expecting to pay more so I treated the v6 to some new vented, grooved and dimpled disks. after a lot of research I didn't go for the drilled discs as not a lot of good reviews especially with warping so I went with m-tec as recommended on alfaowners and chose drimpled and grooved and had them coated so they won't rust or go rusty looking. Even with the special coating (they do it in black or gold too but I went with silver) After discount they still came in at £106 for the two front disc and look cool. I ordered some black brembo stickers for my calipers £10 and some new black centre caps and badges for my wheels £30. 

image.jpgimage.jpg

I spent some £'s the last few months with the cup kit £450 then black carpet £200, 4nee tyres £360, red carpet £100 red leather with another red carpet £300 so I have refurb my wheels to save some £s. Total cost of wheel refurb £60 :-)

i sold old both red carpet so £200 back to spend on some more goodies and I'm still going down the route of fitting the black carpet so I can swap between red and tan leather.

so here's a pic of the first Anthercite grey it still needs fine sanding and the laquar adding but is looking good. I have put the silver disc down so can can see the colour difference, I can't wait to finish the and get them on the car.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

They look so different in the different light so it's hard getting a pic of the true colour, gives you a better idea next to the silver brake discimage.jpg 

image.jpg

Had a spare couple of hours this morning so finish the alloy wheel

image.jpg

then I fitted the driver side new disc and went with pagid pads, gave the caliper another coat of red paint so just the brembo decal to add later, I went with the new style alfa badge for a change I thing I prefer them to the original as a bit more modern.

image.jpgimage.jpg

Well guys I finished the Anthercite wheels and tonight will be putting them on the black gtv tomorrow. Currently they are fitted on the spider and don't look to bad against the red paint work but I think they will look the business against black paint. Will be interested to see how the lambo wheels look on the spider. Anyway here's a few pics of the spider how it is now, tomorrow I will update once swaped over.image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

So swaped them over last night and they defiantly suit the gtv better probally because of the colour and cup kit.

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpgI put the lambo wheels on the spider but not sure they look right, the spider isn't aggressive looking without the cup kit so I'm looking for another set of blacklines or maybe paint them lol!image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Right guys onto my last mod for the gtv as she is just about finished.

The only thing I want to change is I don't like the way you can see the exhaust pipes running towards quads tips.

When my cars park on the drive because of the wedge shape of the car and despite being lowered it's like it's bum is stuck up in the air lol! It annoys me you can see all the pipes running upto the quad tips and I think it looks messy.

So my solution is to fit a rear diffuser, I have measured out the gap between the quads and have been looking at all sorts of diffusers. At first I was going to go with the metal straight line diffusers going of the lines of the car but I think I will look a little bolted on and not blend in. Anyway after a while I have found and ordered a diffuser that will fit between the quads and it has four straights but they are curved off a little like the rear spoiler so I have gone for this hoping it compliment the car best

not sure if to paint it the same colour as the car or leave it how it comes. It should come to just the bottom of the bumper giving the rear end a more aggressive look and cover those exhaust pipes up :-)

i think it will look cool........ 

Edited by jonalfaspider

Your cars looks just amazing, especially the GTV. I'm in love :thumbsup:

Thanks silver arrow it's took a lot of time to get it this stage but I'm happy with it. It failed it's mot on Wednesday I was surprised as for once I felt confident it would pass with all the work it's had.

any way turns out it has a major leak of exhaust gasses from manifold to downpipe, only had the down pipe fitted last year so I jacked the car up and could feel the blow. so I removed the downpipe to get a proper look and there's no gasket fitted! Bloody garages! Anyway I have ordered the gasket only £12 and with take 5mins to fit and then in for the retest and another 12 months of fun with no advisories :-)

Blackbini........great minds think alike! I have just bought this rear bump and upper and lower autodelta diffuser for £225 +£3o courier it should arrive next week, just hope it's in as good condition as the cup looks in the photo.image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by jonalfaspider

So gasket arrived and fitted in 15mins nice easy job and now more exhaust leak (not that I even noticed it anyway) a nice drive over to mot station and a new ticket, the best easiest and cheapest mot ever lol! And proud to say no advisories :-) Mot guy said he could tell it's getting some love :-)

I couldn't resist taking a quick snap in the carpark when we were going shopping image.jpgimage.jpg

Edited by jonalfaspider

Started sanding down the autodelta rear diffuser and come across a few cracks that will need fixing first before painting. It's actually two parts I wasn't aware until I removed it from the bumper.

a few pics....

IMG_0205.JPG

IMG_0206.JPG

IMG_0207.JPG

Edited by jonalfaspider

Gtv is getting stored away for now, I want to powerflex the rest of rear end and rust proof the underside before the winter. Got my hands on two original Alfa Romeo spider/gtv part number 5900527

IMG_0487.JPG

IMG_0493.JPG

IMG_0481.JPG

IMG_0482.JPG

Also not sure if I should fit a decat so I still have one silencer in the exhaust system or keep the cat and remove the silence mid section.

this is my current sound with silence mid section and I silenced quads 

IMG_0474.MOV

Also not sure if I should fit a decat so I still have one silencer in the exhaust system or keep the cat and remove the silence mid section.

this is my current sound with silence mid section and I silenced quads 

IMG_0474.MOV

Darn my phone won't play that file. What is your exhaust setup now? I've gone back a few pages and then thought bugger it I'll just ask lol.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Gtv is getting stored away for now, I want to powerflex the rest of rear end and rust proof the underside before the winter. Got my hands on two original Alfa Romeo spider/gtv part number 5900527

IMG_0487.thumb.JPG.7a329d6423dd2bd51edfe10b676f188d.JPG
IMG_0493.thumb.JPG.f23d61b7d359385420ee66004bfc570d.JPG
IMG_0481.thumb.JPG.86e0250f162e4fe02f9618de592602b7.JPG
IMG_0482.thumb.JPG.a2c166b8222c4dcef501e515873e53f3.JPG

Well done on tracking down the super rare outdoor cover.

I had one of these previously and you need to be careful to only put it on dry and clean paintwork. Otherwise you'll scratch your lovely paintwork when dragging it over the car or risk trapping moisture underneath

Don't leave the car under the cover for very long periods, make sure you take it off periodically to allow everything to air or you'll get blister over the fibreglass bonnet.

Cheers bud I actually got two thrown in ;-) so will cash in on one, any ideas of what it's worth?

I will put the funds will go towards a indoor cover :-)

thanks for the tips how long a period can it be left on?