Welcome to Squadra916

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

jonalfaspider

Alfa gtv v6 project black edition

161 posts in this topic

Don't paint the wheels black, please! :D It looks great the way it is!

Thanks monte:thumbsup:

dont worry filip I won't be painting the blackline wheels black, I have another set of wheels (below) they are gloss black 19s multi spokes now fitted to the spider, they are very aggressive looking and I originally had them on the black gtv and my boys prefer them over the blacklines currently fitted.

im happy with the blacklines  for now :D

image.jpg

Edited by jonalfaspider

Well the gtv is back at alfa technic the abs sensor needs replacing and some of the light stay on the dash after you switch the key been told electrical problem and might need to change the speedo. Hopefully won't effect the mileage as currently on 86000 and most gtv I have seen for sale are 100000+

There are some stunning 916 out there here are a few pics I have collected for inspiration, this spider looks like the wheels sit into the arches, still it looks stunning!! How much do you guys think it has been lowered by?

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by jonalfaspider

I saw this white one, it's really a superb combo, I think it's standard Eibach ProKit (-3 cm) with 8C 18" replicas.

Cheers bud I was thinking maybe they were lowing springs on koni adjustable shocks but I will google search for eibach prokit, thanks :-)

well i I have moved house again and managed to get a garage I can actually fit a car in woohoo!

teaser pics lol! 

image.jpg

image.jpg

Had a new start motor and abs module and my issues are sorted :-) next I'm going to paint the wiper arms as faded and refit the passanger window as it has never sat properly, I'm at that stage when I have to look for jobs todo. Lol!

Think i will be selling my spider shortly :-( my friend is selling her porsche boxster 987 and I have always wanted a porsche but it would mean having to sell a alfa to part fund it along with a couple of sets of my alloys

what do you think guys? Loose a alfa and gain a porsche..

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by jonalfaspider

Well still undecided with the Porsche, really I should loose my spider to make way for a boxster but I just love rosso red, hard decision that I won't rush

anyway it's time for a change so I have sold my jetfins and had a good offer on the blaclines but I don't know if I can let these go?

I bought some new wheels :-)

I wanted Italian style???

Round wheels like the teledials to compliment the head lights but with straight lines to match the 916 shape??

My gtv is a supercar to me so I have bought?????

image.jpg

Re the Boxster I had a Boxster S and whilst it was superb, went well handled amazing with the Porsche badge kudos. It was bland and lacked the character of the Alfa.

It was better in every way than a spider but I'd rather have a spider

love the cars!!

What quad exhaust do you have? 

keen to see the lambo wheels on either car!

Thanks buddy, The quad exhaust was off a fellow forum member but I think he originally bought it from ebay I think from Germany? 

Another OCD thing annoying me were the aged and chipped wipers so painted these matt black to give that new finish, thankfully before the rain came down, pic finished to follow shortly

I have decided to put the lambo wheels on the gtv all though the ride is hard on 19s for my daily driver so will probally fit them to my spider.

its not the best weather for pics so here's a few teasers for now lol!

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by jonalfaspider

Nice! Cant wait to see them

Can I ask where you bought them?

Also, if you want to sell me your blacklines :P

I don't like Boxter, but that's maybe up to my germanofobia when cars are the subject. ;)

About Lambo wheels - IMHO they are superb and nice fit to a GTV, but the whole point of that design is to see it, not to hide it in black on a black car. They probaly look cool in dark grey with some brake upgrade kit. :) 

Check this one:

GTV%20Lambo%20wheels%201.jpg

Wow that looks stunning!! I see what you mean with the lighter colour. There were already black so I won't paint them until they get scratched up. Unfortanutly the blacklines are sold but I'm already considering buying another set as I missing them lol. 

Picked up a red carpet at the weekend might even get a red interior again, it's a bit boring red spider with tan interior and black gtv with tan interior, I'm coming around to the red leather lol!

I powerflexed the engine mount as it was well worn, fitted two new drop links and touched up a few stone chips but other than that not done much costing around £140.

gave the 156 a clean before she goes up for sale as no longer needed with moving closer to work.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpgimage.jpgReplaced the front bumper mount on the v6 as knocking noise from the front end traced down to the bumper mount. It's only a half hour job but made a difference to the aline ment of the bumper and no more sagging on the driverside as looking at the original it has snapped off compleatly.

Edited by jonalfaspider

Ok well I have some goodies on there way to me..... wanted for a while not bad at £500.

Original zender cup up front spoiler and side skirts to go with the spoiler that is sat in my garage all in the right colour.

its funny, couldn't find a original zender front splitter for ages then found two in a week lol

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by jonalfaspider

Well today guys the bumper and side skirts arrived along with a red carpet, red leather door cards and a rare black carpet

dont ask me what I'm doing with all the carpets as I have no idea lol!

i was thinking to remove the tan carpet and fit black so I can change the interior when I fancy it

currently on ebay there is a rare white mono leather interior
??

so black gtv with black carpet and white leather??? 
http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Alfa-GTV-or-Spider-Ivory-white-phase-2-leather-seat-set-Updated-pics-15-5-/371642126443?hash=item568798d06b%3Ag%3A9YkAAOSwInxXOPc6&_trkparms=pageci%3A8fa49fc9-3336-11e6-a5d0-005056b62103|parentrq%3A55b8a16b1550a2af652410a2ffffc3c7|iid%3A8
or also on ebay is a rare ph3 tan leather interior

so black gtv, black carpet and ph3 tan??http://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/252426238363

Don't know why I bought a red carpet though lol!

image.jpg

Edited by jonalfaspider

Where did you find the side skirts??

Your black gtv is getting incredible as days go by...

PS: Always tan leather

Edited by Gaincho

Hi buddy, I found the side skirts when I bought the front bumper I just asked if he had any other cup bits and lucky he had the skirts to. They were from autostilo the same guy who was selling the ph3 tan interior on the link above. He seems to get some rare and sort after piece often. 

I now have the following

The tan carpet 

a red carpet

a black carpet lol!

but only 1 tan leather interior, I was thinking I don't really need the tan or red carpet and fit the black, then like my boot with spoiler and boot without spoiler I can just sway leather interiors.

Anyway I'm going to fit the cup kit first got a few days off later in the month, the bumpers will swap over ok any tips on swapping the side skirts over?

sold the 156 sport last weekend was sad to see it go but not as sad as being sat in the drive for the last 6 months, hayho more money to spend on the other two and I have been offered by blacklines back :-)

Thank you! I've just put him in my favorite seller's list. I will check usually his items to see if he puts another pair ;) 

Hey guys just a undate,

started to fit my cup kit and have to say it transforms the car.

started with the rear spoiler, a good tip is to know this sits as far back on the boot as poss, I bought a spare boot and fitted my zender cup spoiler to it so I can just swap over when ever I fancy in 15mins as it just plugs In and swap the boot lock.

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Next the cup bumper, again nice as straight forward, the two bumps stop bolts at the from, remover both fog lights and unclip wiring. A few screws around the wheel arch liner and top of bumper and it's off, new bumper on and look good :-)

just side skirts to go now

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by jonalfaspider

Well before I had a chance to fit the cup side skirts my newish radiator started to leak and it was less than twelve months old, I removed it from the top and I can see why it's a cheap looking poor quality one, I called the garage who fitted it and although they were to replace it like for like :-( I thought while it's out I will invest in a good quality one and do it myself.

sometimes if you want something done properly you have to do it yourself.

fairly straight forward job I did it from the top, removing the fan and air intake it came out easy and dropped the nice new one in.

image.jpg