Welcome to Squadra916

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
ALXege

Squadra916 Drive II at AlfaFest 2015: June 12-14

72 posts in this topic

Its look like to be great event, if there is a chance to buy a Gtv (or any Alfa) before the party, maybe I can join also :lol:
With insight that I'm without Alfa more than year ... dont need accommodation :D

Good luck with organization :thumbsup: . Join the event and waiting for news  :) .

I plan to go with the GTV and some things have to be done. Some months ago I was planing to be with finished tuned GTV, but start of my project will be after the event.

Few days left and have recent problem for solving in next days :unsure: .

Alex, only romanian leu can be used everywhere in Romania, right? I have to get some.

Thanks, charlee for posting the schedule!

Kunev, yes, you need RON. Don't think you will be able to exchange Leva, so prepare some Euros.

See you on friday!

Edited by ALXege

Just a glimpse of what happened this weekend! There were also another two 916s that didn't make it in the photo.

Nikola & Kunev, such a pleasure to meet you in person! For those of you who don't know them, they are some really cool guys you deffinetly want as friends :)

Thank you all for coming, hope to see more 916's next time ;)

post-92-0-12990500-1434312986_thumb.jpg

And here is my comment about the event :) .

First of all, I'm satisfied, that the GTV made this long trip and come back without issues :) . Around 1500km, it was challenge for me also, especially with so noisy car, high temperatures and not working air con pfuu.

This was really nice event and well organized! Many great looking and in shiny condition alfas (mine was not from them :D ). Nice and friendly people  ;) . And very good places selected for the event.

I finally meet some guys, with which I only contact from forums until now - Alex, Nikola (charlee), Hermanoli  :) . Alex and other guys, which organize this event have made really nice accessories specially for the event - T-shirt, brochure, sticker, paper bag :thumbsup: . It is really noticeable that they made efforts  ;) .

For me the most impressive thing about this event was going to Transfăgărășan. This road is just amazing :happy0045:! I go for a drive to south part of the road after the tunnel at the top, when almost all alfas start to go down back to north part. So I drive alone and push the GTV  :cheeky:  . Wow what an experience is to drive on this road  :respect:. There isn't trees and bushes around the road and have good visibility, so you can push the car without so much risk of suddenly appeared oncoming traffic (like on normal mountain roads). I reach one parking at the right of the road, stop for a little and then go back for more fun. Driving in the tunnel at the top was also big fun - second gear, full throttle and don't really see where you going (the tunnel is dark)  :D.

Most impressive and enjoyable automotive experience for me until now !!!

The pictures are not really good, but they are made with old archaic phone (without touch screen, if you remember that the phone was like that in the past :D).

Thanks to Alex and other guys responsible for organization and all other small things around it  ;) .

post-368-0-41829400-1434439094_thumb.jpg

post-368-0-56439100-1434439109_thumb.jpg

post-368-0-77101800-1434439122_thumb.jpg

post-368-0-31406700-1434439139_thumb.jpg

post-368-0-64594700-1434439161_thumb.jpg

post-368-0-12874600-1434439176_thumb.jpg

post-368-0-06923400-1434439187_thumb.jpg

post-368-0-39326500-1434439201_thumb.jpg

We had an amazing time and it was a real pleasure in meeting all of you guys! Thanks for all the goodies and hospitality. Transfagarasan was unbelievable, next time I must not forget to bring a jacket  :happy0045:

Anyway, it's a trip to remember. Hope to see you guys soon  :thumbsup:

I will post a few photos soon.

Thank you all for attending the event, I know that it was with much effort, but I'm so happy to see it was worth it ! Hope to see you again soon !

Edited by Valak

I have missed Valak in my post  :blush: . I understand that Valak and Hermanoli are brothers and both of them have one particular GTV TB  :D.

I have watched this clip yesterday and understand that Transfagarsan was very busy road, so I have been really lucky to drive on it with really small traffic  :) . If I go to it sometimes in the future maybe have to discuss this with romanian guys, when should I go, to have as small traffic as possible  :D .

Look like Transalpina is also great road (and according to this guy in the video was even greater), but looking from pictures and videos I think that Transfagarasan is better for driving. And one point of this guy is that Transfagarasan was very busy road and I have not experience this :D (lucky me :P ). Maybe have to visit and drive at Transalpina and then to make comparison  :) .

This is me with Valak car

b5539901e0f01b29a65c15d3732b28d2.jpg

And here is my brother, Valak

ba3151c922f992f81111f2616b7bc28a.jpg

Trimis de pe al meu D5503 folosind Tapatalk

Fantastic vidéo!!  it s beautiful... and the cars are amazing. :thumbsup::wub: :wub: