Welcome to Squadra916

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
ALXege

Squadra916 Drive II at AlfaFest 2015: June 12-14

72 posts in this topic

Prepare to take your Alfa to a truly epic road trip!

post-92-0-21791100-1423730701_thumb.jpg

You are invited a new 916 Drive, joinining the 10th anniversary edition of AlfaFest. True to the Alfa Romeo spirit, we’ve engineered an exhilarating experience, offering you the possibility to visit lots of interesting places and spend some top quality time with fellow alfisti. As someone said, when considering Alfa Romeo, a number of things come to mind and we have strived to match them all, one by one, when shaping this event:

The Genius of Seductive Design

post-92-0-38984500-1422395208_thumb.jpg
We have chosen the 4 star Hohe Rinne Hotel & Spa in Paltinis, a beautiful mountain resort 35 km away from the city of Sibiu, Romania, for you to indulge in a relaxing and memorable experience, in a discreetly luxurious, comfortable and warm atmosphere. Have a look at our base camp: http://www.hoherinne.com/

The Heritage of Innovation

post-92-0-37685700-1422395356_thumb.jpg
No other city displays its rich heritage as proudly as Sibiu. One of the most important cultural centers of Romania, designated as the 2007 European Capital of Culture, Sibiu will also delight you with its beauty, Forbes Magazine ranking it as “Europe’s 8th most idyllic place to live”. If anything were missing from this picture, just imagine your gorgeous Alfas proudly put on display in one of it's charming plazas.

The Art of Speed

post-92-0-45557600-1422395366_thumb.jpg
Not far from Sibiu you’ll find yourselves experiencing the straights and turns of Transfagarasan, arguably “the best road in the world”, as Jeremy Clarkson declared it. High up in the mountains, the twists of Trasfagarasan will set the perfect track for you and your Alfa, while the majestic scenery it unveils will only amplify the sensations of power, speed and freedom, boosting the adrenaline rush.

So buckle up and stay tuned! Registration coming soon.

Edited by ALXege

Mmm that will be nice event  :happy: .

It is good that you announce it very early Alex  :thumbsup: . I will have it in mind, but will see. If the GTV is ready until then, it may meet Transfăgărășan :D.

P.S. I slightly fair about long trips with alfa  :D .

I was just talking with Charlee and thought it would be a great opportunity to organize a Squadra meet there :)

Think about it, it's not too far from Croatia, Serbia, Bulgaria, Austria, there will already be a bunch of local 916ers, and everything is already set up! It would be great to have you there!

For me is really hard to travel in June because of my tight work schedule... 

It is a great idea and If many members around Europe are interesting we can organize something by suggesting meeting points and routes to Transfăgărășan or anything.. 

I have visit the site of the hotel, which Alex post. It have 88 rooms. So one question which can not receive clear answer, but will ask. Alex, around when do you think the hotel will be fully reserved? 

We have 50 rooms booked in special conditions for this event. Registrations already started for official AlfaClub members (we offer a paid membership which, beside some other rewards, comes with 1 month exclusivity for booking rooms and an extra discount on AlfaFest). Long story short, interest is beyond our expectations, so there are already 35 rooms booked and paid in only 10 days.

We already figured out a back-up plan, especially for our foreign guests, so rooms in the same hotel might not be a problem, but we have to know the real interest no later than let's say 20th of February and have the rooms paid by 10th of March.

Just to summarize: the meet will be held between 12-14 of June

Location is set in the very heart of Romania, in Sibiu.

Accomodation will be in a 4* hotel in Paltinis (~35km away from Sibiu)

Activities include a one day trip to the mighty Transfagarasan ("the best road in the world" according to TopGear) and a couple of hours expo in the old center plaza of Sibiu.

Please confirm your interest as soon as possible.

Edited by ALXege

:) it would be nice to meet the other brothers of my love!!!(GTV!!!) :happy0045: ALXEGE..i must ask my wife!!!! :D  :D  :D  

Vassilis, go ahead, I guarantee it would be a nice holiday ;)

If you want, you guys can stay longer in the same hotel, we arranged same prices for longer stays (usually, the rooms there are more expensive).

Please let me know until the end of the week.

Passo, Kunev, Thanos? :)

To be honest some days ago I was thinking to officially confirm my wish to be there in mentioned hotel,arrange the tax and to try to make it. But decided that will be more appropriate to wait and see what will happen  :mellow: .

Haha, what will happen in which way? :)

PS: please post here if you are intrested, prices we aranged at the hotel are lower than if you would book the rooms yourself.

Ok ok ok I confirm my wish to be at this event  :icon_rolleyes: ! Alex write me in PM what should I do :) .

Now I really have to make this happen with some of my cars.

You know he likes to complicate things ;):D

Very funny haha :P .

P.S. Because I have to make changes/upgrades on my cars (and not only :D ), maybe I have to start using this product ->

(because the advert is in Bulgarian I will explain to you, that the motto of this product is "Don't spray it before you are already in the bed")

Kunev, 9 other cars already coming from Bulgaria :)

Rooms are running out like crazy!

Few double rooms left (2 persons) - 105E for 2 nights stay

Appartments also available (3 persons / ideally 2 persons +1 kid) - 130E for 2 nights stay

Let me know asap what kind of room would you like.

You will also need to pay it in advance shortly after I make the booking.

Last chance! :)

1 double room for the 2 nights  :) . Write me on PM to where should be transfered the money.

P.S. I'm not in contact with bulgarian "alfa fans" (only 2-3 real alfa enthusiasts) and also don't write on the local forum here. If some "foreign" car fan read there will think that this is forum for peoples who hate the brand ...  :angry: .

My friend George will soon join this topic, he is in charge with all our guests from abroad. He will provide all the payment details and will also gladly answer any other questions. Stay tuned! :)

1 double room for the 2 nights  :) . Write me on PM to where should be transfered the money.

P.S. I'm not in contact with bulgarian "alfa fans" (only 2-3 real alfa enthusiasts) and also don't write on the local forum here. If some "foreign" car fan read there will think that this is forum for peoples who hate the brand ...  :angry: .

Don't you just love the Balkans? We had at least 4 Alfa forums in Croatia which has cca. 4,500,000 people.  :lol:  :happy0045:

It's gonna be awesome to have you there, guys ! :thumbsup: Can't wait !

Hi guys, nice to meet all of you, it is my first post here, I am the friend of Alxege and i will help you with every info you need about Alfafest.

So, as alxege said before, the reservation for the hotel are currently in progress, few rooms left available. I will post here complete info about the prices and then the payment data if you need to book a room(or more) :

- doubble room is 105 euro

- apartment (3 persons) is 130

- child above 7 years of age with no extra bed 14 euro

- child about 7 years of age with extra bed is 34 euro

All prices are for 2 night, with breakfast included. Children under 7 years of age no extra money.

Please let me know ( SOON ) if you are interested to send you pm with payment data to book your room. The payment need to be made until 1 March.

If any other information you need please do ask.

Cheers guys and hope to meet as many of you there !