Welcome to Squadra916

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

• ×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Similar Content

• By Joost1990
      Some people here already know me, some don't... For the people that don't know me, here an introduction: http://www.squadra916.com/forums/topic/1294-spider-twin-spark-turbo-project/http://www.squadra916.com/forums/topic/1294-spider-twin-spark-turbo-project/

The turbo project is as good as done so from now on I'm mainly working on the looks of the Spider.
      Due to a lot of technical issues, tuning and other priorities in the past 1,5 years, I was only able to do some minor adjustments on the exterior.
      I changed the wheels (from 16 inch standard p2 wheels to Siena's), bought Novitec coilovers and drove it like this for 1 year/25.000 kms.

It looked good but I wasn't satisfied as I always wanted Giulietta/8c Spider wheels and a cup kit.

2 years ago I bought a bumper with Cup/Zender spoiler which I finally painted last week and mounted today. This is the result. I'm starting to get satisfied with the looks but there's still a lot of work to be done!

• By frudebaker
      85,000km on clock, manufactured 4/2000
    • By Monni
      Hi guys,
      Hello from Luxembourg.
      Alfista since 2001, first with an Alfa 147, followed by a 159 Sportwagon (twice a jtd Distinctive), I had to switch to a different manufacturer in 2014 as Alfa (still) has failed to produce a successor for my beloved 159.
      Even though my daily driver is now a different brand because of those reasons, the Alfa virus still subsists. For years, I've been tempted to buy a Spider, and after browsing the ads over the last months, seeing lots of high km spiders, many rotten and badly maintained ones, plus some rather unfortunate tuning objects, I now found a very low mileage untuned well maintained 916 3.2 - I bought it yesterday on the spot.
      happy to be back ;-)
    • By Carlo Abarth
      Have been reading here for a while and it is a great community so time to introduce myself.

My name is Carlo and I live in the Netherlands. I'm the chief editor of CorsaItalia Magazine, a dutch magazine about Italian cars thats in stores every two months. Started it with my dad, both working with magazines many years and wanted to start an magazine about our hobby: Italy and Cars,

After work I have some hours to spend on my hobby, a 1972 Giulia Super. Modified a bunch of things, like a 2-liter engine with about 150 bhp, nice suspension mods, 14" GTA replica's and a brand new red interior. The interior is completed for about 90% now.

As a daily driver I own a 2004 156 1.8 T-Spark. Nothing really special, just a nice driving car in good condition.

And then, the reason for being on this forum: my 1998 Spider 2.0 T-Spark. Bought it in April this year, with 110.000 km's on it, about 70.000 miles. It was in original condition, only fitted with a phase 2 interior later. When I bought it de screen behind the seats (no clue how its called in English) went to the garage, it may be nice at high speeds but it makes the beautifull line of the 916 Spider disappear. I have fitted a new console in the middle, there was an ugly sprayed black example fitted by the previous owner.

After a while I bought my favorite 916-wheels: 18" Zender Siena. I have had to GTV 916's before and I had always wanted that wheels but they never came by for a normal price. Now they did. Because the 18" wheels make it look very high on its wheels I purchased a set of Cobra Suspension Lowering springs that lower the Spider for about 30 mm.

Work to do? Sure! The paintwork isn't very good. Original red with blank paint that comes of on multiple places. Besides that it is a lovely car, perhaps not as shiny as my to previous phase 2 GTV's but it drives a lot more 'fresh'.

Keep up the good work here, reading a lot of stuff!