Welcome to Squadra916

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

joeGTV

GTV 3.0 V6 CUP + Q2

249 posts in this topic

News...

My new Pioneer DEH-X9600BT.. Good quality.

post-1032-0-08444500-1428350178_thumb.jp

And cleaning the Busso.. :wub:

(I remove rust intake pipes with "steel wool" and product for chrome Polisher..Belgom )

post-1032-0-06137300-1428350124_thumb.jp

post-1032-0-98594100-1428350096_thumb.jp

So nice lookink this monument with a beer... :P

post-1032-0-14507600-1428350155_thumb.jp

And finally big washing for my black demon.. :wub:

post-1032-0-45407000-1428350204_thumb.jp

:hello:

Edited by joeGTV

Where's the beer? I can not see it  :P

You should think about buying a new coolant tank. Engine will look pretty clean with a new one.

BTW, I like (a lot) your cars, but I really love (what I presume it's) your house. As I get older I hate more to live in an apartment...

Where's the beer? I can not see it  :P

You should think about buying a new coolant tank. Engine will look pretty clean with a new one.

BTW, I like (a lot) your cars, but I really love (what I presume it's) your house. As I get older I hate more to live in an apartment...

This is not my house .. it's a rental. With the price of a house in Paris, I bought 3 houses in portugal and 4 apartments in Canaries ..^^

I prefried invest in my country, construction has more quality. :P

I've heard that it is useless to change the coolant tank on our V6. Because it quickly becomes "dirty" and changes color due to the heat of the engine ...

That's why I let him. I do not know if this is 100% true ... 

by the way I will get to early May the front pipes equal lenght ( arqray ) to CF3. :happy0045:

Edited by joeGTV

yeah the licence plate is a big shit... but in France if i put a "italian model" i have problems... <_< ( a fine..)

This weekend my gtv started creaking at the rear. it was really boring.
I spend Silicone Rubber spray on all rubber mounts and no more problems.
^_^

I never had any problem with my italian sized licence plate buddy :D Even when I got busted for overruning by the right, the guy noticed that "normally alfa romeo have their licence plate on the left side of the bumper" but that's all  :huh:  :rolleyes:

humm ok ... thanks for the information buddy! ( maybe you have luck ... :P )

I have a problem with my fuel gauge. A classic on our GTV .. the gauge is not at all reliable. I would change it but I would like to know if anyone knows the prices in new and if replacement is difficult ..
Thank you for your advice my friends.
:thumbsup:

ps: is thaht kind of piece??

http://www.ebay.it/itm/Sensore-livello-carburante-per-ALFA-ROMEO-GTV-3-0-V6-24V-00-05-/261328963094?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_101&hash=item3cd86b8616

this is what i need...

A new fuel pomp. ( apparently the pump is located below the rear seats.)

post-1032-0-13264900-1430901990_thumb.jp

it's annoying to put fuel and never know the exact amount of fuel I have. -_-

The fuel pump is behind the rear seats,remove the seat cushion, two 10mm nuts and then pull the seat cushion foreward, remove the backrest, two 10mm bolts and lift the backrest upwards,remove eventual sound padding behind the backrest and you should see a drop shaped cover on top of the tank which is held in place with 3 or 4 10mm nuts (I can not remember the number of them :)) below the drop shaped cover you find the fuel pump assembly that are hold in place by number 3 on the picture.

post-17-0-70462900-1430907997_thumb.png

Work in a well ventilated area with the doors on the car open and don't stay to long in the car you get dizzy by the fuel fumes and of course NO smoking :P , also look out for where you put your feet so you are not harming airbag ecu connector.

Edited by GTV-TB

thanks buddy!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I just returned from an Alfa Romeo garage and finally the gauge of my fuel pump is sold separately! yes it's the same between the GTV Phase 1 and 2.
According to their information, with my chassis number I can have the gauge except for 75 €.
So I see it soon... (For the complete pump against costs 500 ) :ph34r:

By the end of the month I will finally receive my FPEL for my CF3. I can not wait to see the result ... :happy0045:

And my demon will make an early visit to the coachbuilder in July. It will be like new ..
:wub::thumbsup:

UP amigos!

FP.EL installed! :clap1:

( arqray replica)

But what a shit ... The 6 studs 4 have broken..fuck**** nightmare.
We had to drill, cut ... more than 6 hours of work.
:kill_myself:

post-1032-0-43626300-1435437200_thumb.jp
post-1032-0-93477000-1435437176_thumb.jp

When I saw the state of my collectors (CF3) and studs, I immediately drop the idea of Spent CF2 ..
Besides, I'm very happy with the result and that's enough.
The result is there, it sings "rounder", more beautiful and I had the impression of having the most flexible car can be a little more torque. :thumbsup:
I am relieved friends ...

Step 2 Tuesday, paint the front bumper, cup blade, hood and rear bumper.

He will be at the top my black devil ..
B)
Edited by joeGTV

Cool dog, are you using dirty words under the car? :)  he/she/hir is raising an ear. :D

hehe many dirty works yeah... :P ( is she )

well i m happy is finish... :hello:

I'm proud to have told you to let Martin do the job for me  :D

Well done! I'll be in holidays at the end of August... Text me when available for your fuel pump  :thumbsup:

I'm proud to have told you to let Martin do the job for me  :D

Well done! I'll be in holidays at the end of August... Text me when available for your fuel pump  :thumbsup:

yeah.. you're a smart guy :D

Ok for the end of august. If you are in Paris, i text you my little biker.. :beer:

post-1032-0-63287300-1436732730_thumb.jp

After mounting the FPel, my black demon has just received a painting on the whole front part. (Hood, bumper, blade cup and also the rear bumper ..)
And finally a detailing... :wub:
I took the opportunity to adjust the blade kit cup that was not right. She leaned too down.
And of course a new license plate. (approximately
like the Italian format)

I can tell you it's even more beautiful .. :cheeky:

I expect to receive this week some products directly from Italy and I will make good photos and a video to hear the effect of FPEL on CF3.

:clap1: I love this car...

help guys!

Please I want to know how to dismantle the gear lever gaiter and the handbrake gaiter??

( i want to install this...http://www.ebay.fr/itm/ALFA-ROMEO-GTV-cuffia-leva-cambio-in-vera-100-pelle-nera-rossa-con-ricamo-/201261654372?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_101&hash=item2edc212164 )

I'm afraid of breaking something ..
Thank you for your advice. :thumbsup:

thank you for the info but it's also available for the 916 gtv lol

( I exchanged emails with the seller ) ;)