Welcome to Squadra916

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
kunev

My new performance car

44 posts in this topic

As I have mentioned in the topic for my GTV, there will have some big surprise from me soon. Which will be the main reason for delaying of the performance project for the GTV. And I decided to start a new topic about it, instead of writing in the topic for the GTV  :) . And here it is

post-368-0-23974800-1406466634_thumb.jpg

Alfa Romeo 155 Q4 widebody. And here is the production numbers of 155 (referring to Wikipedia).

post-368-0-73195300-1406467478.jpg

155 Q4 is really rare car and the widebody (facelift) models even rarer  B)

And I have seen pictures of only one other blue Q4 (link, someone from Hungary may know this car and his owner).

The car is from Denmark and previous owner have owned it from around 8 years, so someone from Denmark may know the car and owner (he and his family are big fans of old italian cars :) ).

So now I have justified my signature  :D .

Good choice and this particular Q4 seems worth holding on to and spending money on. Plans? ;)

I always loved 155. It's so muscular but in an athletic way. Great design and Q4 is really a very special car.

Congratulations!! It looks great.

A mate from another spanish alfa forum has one (he also owns a 156 SW GTA), and looking at graphics and reports he shows, it's, at least, as fast as the GTA.

Waiting for more pics .

Thanks for the congratulations :) !

I have wanted a car with more tuning potential and four wheel drive from some time. This is the only "alfa" that fit in my requirements in my opinion (I put alfa in quotes, because this car is more lancia :D ). I have wanted some other well known in tuning scene cars from time to time. I have Impreza WRX STI "blob eye", Sierra Cosworth, Delta Integrale, Lancer Evo 7-9 periods before  :D . These cars have probably more tuning potential than the Q4, but that is one requirement. And they are more expensive. Also I wanted the car to be a little more rare and special. And there is already many fast from these models, but fast alfas  :hmm: (I mean really fast), not many.

Honestly I want a Integrale Evo, but the requested price for them are in the sky.

So end up with this exact car after some months of communication with the owner and arranging transportation. If I haven't bought this exact car I think that wouldn't buy just another nice Q4. And it look like I really like blue cars  :D . And now have two blue alfas - GTV TB Q2 and 155 Q4. That is good and complete team in my opinion  :) .

Yesterday I have treated the interior with Nivea hand cream  ^_^ and notice something interesting and here is a photo especially for my Scandinavian friends on here  :cheeky:

post-368-0-14049300-1407079766_thumb.jpg

After I start communication with previous owner of the car I bought one book

post-368-0-03198400-1407571959_thumb.jpg

Here I will mention that last year a friend of mine bring me one book from USA. Then was my Lancer Evo period  :D .

post-368-0-76401500-1407572103_thumb.jpg

Such books are nice buy. There is very good books by Guy Croft about tuning of twin cam engines, but they are very expensive.

The wheels in the picture in first post (Borbet type E) a "secondary" wheels of the car. And I really like the approach of the previous owner, when scratch a wheel  ^_^ ->

post-368-0-42333300-1408171636_thumb.jpgpost-368-0-72271500-1408171650_thumb.jpg

... order brand new Compomotive TH2 17" in the box  B) . Really rare and expensive motorsport wheels.

Are all Scandinavian like this  :) .

... order brand new Compomotive TH2 17" in the box B) . Really rare and expensive motorsport wheels.

Are all Scandinavian like this :) .

Do all Scandinavians have great taste, or what do you mean... :lol:

Do all Scandinavians have great taste, or what do you mean... :lol:

:D  I was thinking more about - deep pockets with spare money.

Thanos, is this mpampis's car -> link. Do you know him and the car?

You always surprise me Kunev.. You know all the guys who own a powerful Alfa Romeo!

I met him once at a coffee brake. :)

Thanos, I have to know with who have to compare (the "competitors" of the car)  :D

And here is some from my country.

14022010449.jpg14022010446.jpg

Than 155 racing with GT-R was street car with full interior. That was some years ago and don't know what happen with it now.

I will continue with posting of some things that came with the car. Here is the starting point if this project :) .

post-368-0-78971800-1410546125_thumb.jpg

This graph is from some years ago as you can see from the date on it. This is with some sort of custom exhaust with sport catalyst and tubular exhaust manifold, without tune.

One interesting box from parts with the car and probably familiar for some members on here  :) .

post-368-0-21700300-1411578253_thumb.jpgpost-368-0-16244000-1411578262_thumb.jpg

Probably next year will test it on the car. The car is already on 100 octane only mode, so no problem with octane requirements. The GTV will also be on such octane "diet".

Something that I bought these days. Two is better than one  :D .

post-368-0-59713100-1416335248_thumb.jpg

So now I have two Apexi AVC-R electronic boost controllers. This probably will be used on the GTV and the other one (left on bellow picture) will stay for the future 155 project.

post-368-0-44203000-1416335315_thumb.jpg

The car is in garage, stored for the winter under car cover :).

In the meantime I have bought some nice 155 Q4 brochure at very good price, but on german language. So no complete happiness, but most of it are pictures.

post-368-0-98028000-1417869753_thumb.jpg

The new "season" for this car is not started yet, but I have bought something for it just in case I have a problem with this part in the future and also the price was good in my opinion. Brand new, unused torsen rear differential:

post-368-0-43731200-1427641283_thumb.jpgpost-368-0-00094800-1427641327_thumb.jpg

As far as I know and have read, the rear differential is strong and don't break. The same torsen differential is used in Delta Integrale 16V,Evo 1and Evo 2.

Hope to not need to use it  :D .