Welcome to Squadra916

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Alfaduden

Alfa Romeo owner in it's natural habitat...

Hihi...not really, I always have had the feeling that if I want to be sure of to get from point A to B and back, then I have to to drive the Alfa.

:)

If someone has a lot of free time, could that person please look up pics of Porsche and BMW drivers lying on their backs under their cars by the side of the road? Got to be plenty of those out there too  :P

edit: grammar's a biotch  :rolleyes:

Edited by Filip

What's happening? Where is the irony and humor here? Please admit that Alfa aren't the most reliable car... After all a Honda k20 would suit the GTV better ;) hehhee

And don't forget the Ferrari owners that have to watch their cars burn up! Hehhee.

By the way, my old GT jtd caught fire while I drove it! So I know the feeling of a hot car! ;D

Please admit that Alfa aren't the most reliable car...

Can not do that :P  ......... it is not my personal experience of Alfa :D  ..... maybe I'm just lucky. :) 

Must be! Only Alfa I did not have trouble with more that normal wear and usage was one of my 75.. Untill I totalled it  after an overtake  :(  :rolleyes:

Must be! Only Alfa I did not have trouble with more that normal wear and usage was one of my 75.. Untill I totalled it after an overtake :(:rolleyes:

Sounds like a story that deserves a better telling...?! More detail Mr Northern Sea!

By the way, my old GT jtd caught fire while I drove it! So I know the feeling of a hot car! ;D

That one too.

Edited by Filip

Sounds like a story that deserves a better telling...?! More detail Mr Northern Sea!

Norwegian overtaking. :banana:

What is there to say? 22 years old and stupidity raging over sensibility... Easter sun, fields covered with snow and a white van I did not see untill it was too late. If the car had ABS I would manage to save it, but my skidmarks started in my lane, crossed the line, and BAM! 

So it went from this:

DSC09298.jpg

To this:

13102008228.jpg

17082008136-1.jpg

To This:

15012009480.jpg

20012009492.jpg

nylakkert3.jpg

01042009708.jpg

To this:

11042009718.jpg

:ph34r::unsure::blush::drink1::dknow::kill_myself:

That one too.

Well this was last weekend in November. Still driving on summer tires. Dry and nice roads, just stopped to fill my Statoil coffee cup. Drove off, talked to a girl on the phone while I were on my way home from another :hehe::icon_rolleyes::coffee::drive:

After a while enjoying my hot coffe and as the night fell my dashboard died and a fuse said "poffff"... Car still ran good and I stopped after a few kilometers to check the fuse. When I stoppet in the Bus lane I noticed smoke from the bonnet... Popping the bonnet and flames came towards me! :icon_eek:

I walked calm into the car and took out passenger floormat. Tried to kill the flames, but the mat only caught fire... Then I collected my bag, jacket, money and most important the cup of fresh coffee while I sat down and watched the fire wishing I had some saussages and marshmallows :eat:

After calling the fire brigade and insurance a lorry driver stopped, asking If I needed help to extinguish the fire. I said; -naaaaaaaa Fire brigade is on their way.. But before I managed to finish my sentence the lorrydriver had found his powder apparatus! I felt for :bang:  because now the car was full of that powder-shit, and that will NEVER disappear! Anyhow. Fire was out and fire brigade came. A tow truck collected the car and I was given a lift home...

IMG_9966_zps9957e587.jpg

150720101687.jpg

150720101689.jpg

211120091194.jpg

Miss that car. Was unbelivable nice to drive after Chip, Eibach pro-kit springs and dampers!

Sorry for creating a walk down memory lane for my sake. It was not intended ;):busted:

Great but sad stories... I enjoy your work on the 75... Nice car!

What happend to the GT? Why does it took fire?? What was the cause of this fire???  :huh:

Had two of those 75, but this was the best one! Only two owners since new when I bought it and almost 90000 km on the clock!

The GT caught fire in the right headlamp. The fog light is a weak point on all 147/GT and Fiat Stilo. The socket for the lightbulb tend to loosen up and then the bulb touch the plastic in the lamp and the heat that generates is enough to finally catch fire...

The first picture is probably from some german car "enthusiast" :cheeky: . Here in Bulgaria german cars are very popular and general opinion for alfa romeos is such as on picture .

They was nice 75 and GT  :thumbsup: , but sad stories. The picture from Nürburgring is very good.