Welcome to Squadra916

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

AlanM

New 916 owner from Melbourne

Hi all,

I thought I might share some photos of my bello (I think this is correct Italian), a 2001 3.0.

Bought the car in Sydney and drove it back to Melbourne via the circuit at Bathurst, about 1,000 klms of joy on ‘B’ roads. Car performed magnificently! I expected the motor and gearbox to be good, the big surprise was how well it handled, helped by a Q2 diff. 

In the words of Jeremy Clarkson – the GTV6 is daft, but I absolutely adore it.

Cheers,

Alan

post-576-0-48441400-1397790200_thumb.jpg

post-576-0-50496600-1397790267_thumb.jpg

Edited by AlanM

Welcome here!

The first picture is stunning! :wub:  (Can you send me the original-sized picture in PM? I can make it even nicer!)

The second one needs a new point of view... The red SZ with Sparco Milano seats, Zender Milano, Zender quad pipe looks beautiful. Do you have other pictures of this beauty?  :P

Edited by Damgreg

Welcome aboard mate.

Isn't the V6 just so smooth and flexible?

The smile just gets bigger and bigger!

Enjoy!

Col

Hi all,

Thanks for your welcomes, it’s nice to be part of an international community of like minded people!

Damgreg, I will send you the Bathurst pic when I figure out how to do that!

The SZ in the background was bought in Japan I believe and imported into Australia a few years ago. I think the owner said that the seats and a few other items were factory options (Autodelta) which makes this car particularly interesting. There is another in the background. Unfortunately I did not take any other pictures of the SZ’s, I was too infatuated with my own car :D

I am very happy with my car having spent quite a lot of money since I bought it but I do want to get an EB Spares SCS tail pipe with 1 silencer. That might have to wait a little while though.

Cheers,

Alan

Hi Alan and Welcome. Nice to see another Melbournian on the forum, especially considering your car is almost exactly like mine with the red interior, yours has the black seats? I can't quite tell from the picks. Mine has the red seats. Also get onto the Ausalfa.com forum for local news and local drives. If you ever want to go for a spin let me know, I'm in Moorabbin.

Hi Nero, yes I have black seats.

I think I admired your car at the last Spectacollo, in fact it was probably your car that inspired me to bite the bullet and go ahead with the purchase of my own car (despite a few barriers). I am very glad I did now!

I am in not very far away from you in Caulfield.

Cheers,

Alan

I was at the spetacollo and the only GTV there with the red interior - I'm glad my car inspired you to take the plunge, you wont regret it.  We'll have to catch up in the coming weeks and go for a spin and chat about the GTVs.

What are your plans for the car?  Over the last three years of ownership there have been many tweaks, additions to my car which I'd be happy to chat to you about.  The list includes Koni Adjustable shocks, a Quaiffe diff, Ferodo DS2500 pads, CDA Intake, a super sprint exhaust just to name a few.  There have been many tweaks to the electrics, most recently fixing the hot air in the foot well, and fixing the radiator resistor which was causing my temp gauge to go over 90.  Now the auxiliary fan turns on dead on 90 and pushes the temp back down to normal - perfect.  All it needed to fix it was a clean!

In a couple of months I will do the timing belt again.  I did the belts and water pump when I first bought it, now three years on, time to do the timing belt again.  I've got all the tools and have relative that's a mechanic - so if you need the job done as well, let me know.

Don't hesitate to get in touch and send me an email if you have any questions.  Nevertheless, I'll get in touch soon so we can go for a drive.

Happy driving Alan, the GTV will bring you much joy, pain, joy, pleasure, pain, and joy, joy joy!

BTW - I also have the Diagnostic software and cables - so if you ever need a anything checked, or air-bag lights etc re-set just yell out.

Below is a pic of my car at the last spetacolo and the money shot of the red interior!

file_zps825184ca.jpg

file_zps74ff3227.jpg

image_zps5f15257f.jpg

Edited by NeroGTV

image_zps5f15257f.jpg

Oh,ho!!! LEDs in the electric window buttons??? Or just green paint?? I love them!!

NeroGTV, yes that would be great to catch up to talk Alfas, a cafe with good coffee and good place to park the cars! Thanks also for your offer to help with Alfa gremlins, I will take you up on that if I have any issues.

My plans for the car a fairly limited at this stage.

Before I bought the car it had been serviced and fitted with a Q2 and a new clutch.

It has also has fairly fresh Koni dampers at the rear end.

I had a cam belt kit fitted before I drove it back from Sydney and a few minor bits and pieces done at Maranello Pur Sang to get the roadworthy certificate.

I had a $3K budget to tidy the body up – paint, B-post door seals and new pininfarina badges from EB Spares. I also bought new floor mats and gear knob (same as original) from Alfastumper.

All I really want to do now is enjoy the car and maybe buy nice stainless steel rear exhaust section.

maybe EB Spares CSC, one silencer?

I also have a 75TS which I sprint (track day for the UK guys) once in a while. This is a lot of fun :happy0045:

Cheers,

Al.

Green lights are oem in the p2 gtv/spiders! I presume yours are red?

Forgot to answer, very busy days... Yes, mine are red. 

Nice buy AlanM !!

I had seen this advertised and it's good to know it's in good hands & will be looked after as it's a ver nice example.

The Bathhurst shot is priceless :thumbsup:

Btw, how much were the B pillar door seals and was it an easy fit ?

Hi Spirito,

The B post door seals actually came from Alfaholics (my mistake)

I bought them from Alfaholics because they sell the plastic channel separarately from the seal.

My seals were undamaged, only the channel needed replacing. The guy who painted the car fitted the channel so I can’t say for sure, but I think fitting them wouldn’t be too difficult.

I am told that the plastic channel breaks if you constantly slam the door shut – makes sense.

I tell everyone who gets in my car, don’t slam the doors and don’t push it closed with the window glass! :)

Alfaholics sell a pair of channels for 10 pounds.

Cheers,

Alan

Hi Steve, thanks for your welcome.

Your car looks amazing, I have always loved the boldness of a vibrant yellow.

I saw a yellow Spider in the centre of the city the other day with a highly modified body.

Round Ferrariesque tail lights, flattened tops on the headlight aperatures, wild body kit.

I am more of an originality guy myself but the Spider certainly stood out!

Cheers,

Alan

Hi Steve, thanks for your welcome.

Your car looks amazing, I have always loved the boldness of a vibrant yellow.

I saw a yellow Spider in the centre of the city the other day with a highly modified body.

Round Ferrariesque tail lights, flattened tops on the headlight aperatures, wild body kit.

I am more of an originality guy myself but the Spider certainly stood out!

Cheers,

Alan

Hahahaha is that thing still kicking about? Jesus why hasn't someone bought it and restored it back to what it should be.