Welcome to Squadra916

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

BRX0804

Project Alfa - Philippines

102 posts in this topic

I have read not good things about Gazzella Racing also. Hope your case have happy finish.

Bobby,

Sorry to hear about your not so good experience with Gazella racing, just to let you know you are not the first one as other people here had very similar experience, and as I understood some members from UK as well.. best compaany to do business and who will surely deliver your parts overseas are these guys: http://ricambi.alfisti.net/index.php?language=en  . 

regarding my Tagalog, I ve never actually visited Manila or any part of Philippines actually, but I have opportunity to work with your countrymen all the time (I am a seafarer)  :) 

All the best with your project and eagerly waiting to see the car finalized and fully enjoyed by yuorself.:)

Viscontimne/Kunev,

Ricambi are one of the suppliers I do get for parts too.  There are lots of other reliable suppliers out there who  have delivered to me with very high marks....  alfaholics, rockauto, clover breakers, etc etc..  They have been very helpful technically too in my orders.

I have ordered parts all over the world and have had no experience of false deliveries.  Its only with Gazzella Racing that this matter happened.  And now I am just seeking for HELP....  I am just praying this will really have a happy ending :)

Thanks guys.

Guys,

Can anybody tell me if my front brake calipers are ATE or LUCAS?  My car is a 1996 GTV V6 2.0 TB.

ATE most likely. Check out my thread and compare the pictures of my ATEs to yours.

Filip, Thanks for the advise.  I think I may have a bigger problem than that. I am slowly reviewing the images I got from my car and just took photos of  my brake calipers.  The former owner might have converted the damn calipers!!!.  I am reassessing everything yet,  Because if he did convert the brakes, I will have to revert it back to original form.  I have a reliable breaker who is ready to ship a very good set of calipers.  I do hope I do not go  to  that situation.

Will update anyone who reads this post.  My topic should have been "how not to rebuild an alfa.... ' :(

Damreg,

I have not touched anything on the existing underchassis yet.  I am on it now.   Have ordered already the Konis, Tarox cross drilled brakes, yellow pads, joints, polybushes and even a rear subframe!!!.  Everything should be in by end of March.  Though I am still making some plans of what else needs to be done.  And now these brakes.  I am trying to contact the former owner and see if he did something with the front or rear disk brakes.

Can anybody with a V6 2.0TB send me a photo  of how their front suspension (shocks and disk brakes) looks like.

Herewith are the existing suspension on my alfa.  Notice the rear shocks has kayabas with new welded mounts.  These are things you don't do.  I am having this corrected by purchasing a rear subframe from a breaker.  Will have all joints reinforced, cleaned and painted (white, blue, red are my current choices).  When all my underchassis stuff comes in I will redo everything in one build.  :)

post-783-0-43186800-1393389737_thumb.jpg

post-783-0-32417600-1393389837_thumb.jpg

What a project! Keeps escalating all the time tho :P

Explain the rear shock mount problem again, please?

Filip, The former owner was on a budget.  So what he did was  cut off the rear aluminum shock mounting points on the top and welded in the shortest possible Kayaba Shocks.  Actually it did work but the problems were that the shocks tend to hit the lower arms.

Moreso, when I rode the car ones the new mounts that they installed tore from the welded areas.  Rewelding a new or better aluminum shock mounts was an option but the problem is I may not get the angles correctly and that I was scared of the welds braking loose even if it is done properly.  With the horsepower available  for me suspension stability is a critical matter.  Nevertheless, my rear subframe arrived and I am reinforcing the mounting areas.  Will show pics when it is done.

Yes, there are so many technicalities done with this car that I will be writing a novel for it.  I have taken many pictures of the build and details as I can.  I have posted some of them in the modification and acoustic forums.   This project is not yet over....... :(

Filip, The former owner was on a budget. He carried out some slightly sketchy repairs...

Yes, there are so many technicalities done with this car that I will be writing a novel for it. I have taken many pictures of the build and details as I can. I have posted some of them in the modification and acoustic forums. This project is not yet over....... :(

You should change that smiley for a happy one because your GTV is a spectacular sleeper!

Old cars is a double edged thing. Restoring parts to their former glory is great, but cleaning up after other people's repairs is... Not so great! Happens to all of us tho. Keep up the good work!

front and rear brakes look like they are OE TB stuff and the front shock absorber looks like  an OE Boge.

Filip, thanks for the encouragement.  It just so happens when I go to a section of  the car to fix I see so many wrong things done by the former.  Yes, I am restoring it to its former glory.  But further to this I am upgrading them based on the latest technology I know of. 

:hello::rolleyes::D:);)   5 smiles for you Filip....

GTV VB.  Thanks for the inputs.  As long as they are OEMs I believe I  am pretty safe to assume that I am upgrading to original specs.  :rolleyes::D

BRX0804 rear brake calipers P1 made of iron.

DAMGREG rear brake calipers P2 made of aluminum.

:)

Yeah heavy stuff :headbang:

Iron Maiden?  :P

You guys know exactly how heavy they are?  :thumbsup: How big is the difference depending on the material used?

You guys know exactly how heavy they are?  :thumbsup: How big is the difference depending on the material used?

Not a clue, I might weight (if I remember) them (iron made) in the spring when I maybe upgrade the rear brakes.

:)

GTV VB.  Thanks for the inputs.  As long as they are OEMs I believe I  am pretty safe to assume that I am upgrading to original specs.  :rolleyes::D

Original specs is good for normal road use,  but if you are pushing it thrilling things will occur, I'm talking about skid marks in the underpants experiences. ;)

Guys, thanks for the brake inputs.  I am just waiting for Gazella to  send me over my stuff.  And we are waiting for months mind you.  They only answer ones a week or sometimes after a month  :smile23: !!!

I read thousand negative feedback about Gazella... But they are the only shop which sells the Zender foot rest. Nevertheless I ordered it.

I don't remeber exactly the dates but I paid the 10, they sent the 15, the 23 my parcel was first presented to my flat but they guy who brought it, he had a mistake in the tracking number of the paper he left in my mailbox.

Then at my post office they were lost and didn't were able to find my parcel.

Few days later and after a claim againt my post office for lost parcel, I finally I received an email from gazella that told me they received my parcel back... They asked me to send them a new 10£ shipping fee, I didn't paid but they sent it and never asked me again.

Poor service...  :(

Edited by Damgreg