Welcome to Squadra916

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
EvoMan

My guilty pleasure...

70 posts in this topic

I have taken a step, just outside my comfort zone. She is evil, and mean. I found this Saab 900 on the internet, looking for a fun car.

She is a 2.3t and upgraded by Hirsch. She kicks out a healthy 309 bhp ( on the front wheels )

Bigger brakes, full Hirsch exhaust, Hirsch wheels, a Stinger DSI, Climate control and leather/heated seats. This for the sum of 2950 euro's. 

2yk01z7.jpg

1s1eyr.jpg

5esj9j.jpg

It seems that the 2.3t can handle more power. So watch this space.

I like the Saab, but the steering wheel is on the wrong side.

It seems that in the UK this was once the best selling convertible. They seem dirt cheap in the UK.

Greetings! Interesting entertainment car. 309 hp on the front wheels , serious and fast on the highway. Good luck and enjoyable moments  :) . Waiting for driving impression.

She used to be yellow, still visible under the bonnet. 

2cppyy9.jpg

Leave it this way? Or paint it?

It seems that in the UK this was once the best selling convertible. They seem dirt cheap in the UK.

Don't tell me that I always wanted a Saab turbo  :ph34r:

My friend is a huge Saab fan. I like them too. His 9000 Turbo has over 300,000 km...

It seems like a great buy, keep us updated! :)

post-578-138973733557_thumb.jpg

Here is a picture from the front. Paint the wheels black. Install some Xenon. And see how much more power she has to give. 400bhp in a 900 sounds like fun.

Haha, I'm also toying with the idea of trying something similar in the near future :)

159/Brera wheels are plug'n'play, I was always curious how would a 9-3 Cabrio sit on some 19" TIs :lol: 

post-578-138979097734_thumb.jpg

post-578-138979100282_thumb.jpg

Some more pictures. Wheelspin in 3rd gear. How funny.

Crazy toy you found there! I'd like to see one like this... Could you tell us more about the turbo setup, bigger heat exchanger, exhaust, ecu, fuel pump, etc...?

Edited by Damgreg

I know nothing about the car. All I know is that it has 309 bhp by Hirsch. The exhaust is Hirsch and so are the brakes. I think the conversion is called Troll 23R. I will find out when it is in my garage. It was so cheap, I could not resist. The plan is to get some 400 bhp from this 2.3 turbo

Some Troll 23R are running with a TB28 and others with a Mitsu TD04, the same fitted in my Spider  :thumbsup:
Found some vids... Impressive torque!!

Some Troll 23R are running with a TB28 and others with a Mitsu TD04, the same fitted in my Spider :thumbsup:

Found some vids... Impressive torque!!

I also had to learn from YouTube. Maybe I change the wheels for steel wheels with wheel covers. Fit normal bumpers and make it boring. Then amaze everyone with the power.

No please don't! Don't forget that yiu have to get some fresh air through the front bumper and the oem doesn't look like to be adapted to let pas a big amount of air :/

Envoyé de mon GT-I9300 en utilisant Tapatalk

309hp from TD04  :huh:! I don't think that TD04 turbo is used on any package which gave 309 hp. 

Evoman do you feel that this car needs more power on the front wheels  :smile23: ? Wheelspin on 3rd, was the road slippery?

To my knowledge, a Garrett TB28 is used and not the TD04.

69kgvc.jpg

Off go the Hirsch wheels, on go the BBS wheels. Black on black for the bad ass look.

I also had to learn from YouTube. Maybe I change the wheels for steel wheels with wheel covers. Fit normal bumpers and make it boring. Then amaze everyone with the power.

Haha How funny that would be!

But leave her as she is, very rare these Trolls... My grandpa had two 9-3 cabrios. One 98 and one 2004 :) I love saabs. Thinking of getting one myself if the MiTo is sold..

My dad owns a "later Vectra", a 2003 9-3 SS Aero. Great car ;)

Sent from my Alfa Romeo