Welcome to Squadra916

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
greenmeen

Coventry Green V6

Hi all - I thought it was about time I put up some details of my Gtv. She is hibernating at the moment but I have just spent a happy 3 days and 200 miles with her to blow off the cobwebs..

2002 CF3 v6 24v

78k evrything standard other than q2 fitted and gta flywheel & clutch

So far, I have replaced front wishbones and droplinks and given the rear suspension a total rebuild with powdercoated parts and powerflex/lemforder bushings, new shocks, springs, cups etc

Am planning to replace the front shocks, fit a new oil cooler, waxoil underneath and then spend some time working on the engine bay.

pictures coming shortly once I have worked out how to..

Edited by greenmeen

What a sexy color combo. Stylish. Top it off with some great Teledials. I am in love!

Hi. From what I see your end muffler is changed, right? What muffler did you put and do you change something else on the exhaust?

Good luck with the car  ;) .

Ah - yes forgot about the exhaust. Have changed centre section for stainless SuperSprint and the rear section is a stainless single small silencer, possibly powerflow but not sure (ebay..)

More pictures coming, I am struggling with the uploading system though.

@ Evoman - thanks, it is my favourite colour for a Gtv!

Edited by greenmeen

It is a classic combination, that does not work well on every car. Here it works perfectly. Thanks for sharing.

Very very nice! This color combination is great, classy and serene. Also, I really love the refurbished rear suspension! :)

The only detail I found that can be better is rear end badges clutter. Probably the most elegant solution would be to completely remove "3.0 V6 24V" and just reposition "Q2". IMHO that's more then enough info for any true Alfa admirer! :)

Very very nice! This color combination is great, classy and serene. Also, I really love the refurbished rear suspension! :)

The only detail I found that can be better is rear end badges clutter. Probably the most elegant solution would be to completely remove "3.0 V6 24V" and just reposition "Q2". IMHO that's more then enough info for any true Alfa admirer! :)

I could not agree more. I thought the same. Luckily you typed it ;-)

I take your point on the rear badges. If anything, I might just remove the q2 badge first. I like things as they were originally, even if it looks a little cluttered. Debadged obviously looks much neater. There is a little crease in the boot lid where a careless owner must have reversed into something - the badges distract the eye from it!

When I have sorted all the mechanical aspects of the car I will have a play around with the visual aspects. I can always put the badges back, or some of them...