Welcome to Squadra916

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Damgreg

My third 916 : Spider 2.0 V6 TB

74 posts in this topic

My familly is particular about Alfa's!

My grandpa had many Alfas and began with and Alfa. My dad too... He stopped when a guy ran a red light and hardly broke it's amazing 75 turbo grA...

But his son (me!) made him come back to the Alfas with the amazing 916  :wub:

Where do you guys find all the 2.0TB Spiders? :)

Sent from my Alfa Romeo

Sorry, today Im tired, its from me but being translated by google translate...

A bit of news for debugging ecus of our famous little illegible motronic ...
FiatECUScan doesn't exists anymore, but was replaced by MultiECUScan. Identical interface but manyyyyyyyyyyy news ... (including the management of hood ecu for spider ! (not tested) )

I had heard about the addition of our ecu in the soft but I have not tried more because already supported in FiatECUScan except that it did not work .
Curiosity I took the leap as Dad had to get another TB , it should take the test.

I started with the demo version and MIRACLE , I granted the engine calculo via 3-pin plug . But impossible to display the parameters and errors with the Demo version, I returned each time to the initial menu.

So if you want to try, we must find a greater than or equal to the paid v1.1 MES, where the changelog can be read:
Support for Bosch Motronic ML4.1 Injection ( GTV , Spider , 164)

:wub:

Yes, I'll pay for it. It's only 50€ and 1-year update...

Where do you guys find all the 2.0TB Spiders?  :) Sent from my Alfa Romeo

My spider comes from Sardegna  

The one my dad just brought comes from Milano :)

There is the same color combo in v6 tb in Slovenia... I was looking for it too!

It must be a spider tb too near Roma, in Ladispoli, the first spider TB I bought and that the seller told me he send it to the trash but Im pretty sure it's still running... with a new engine, obviously...

4 month later I saw almost the same spider for sale in the same city... different wheels, a new paint, clear white repetitors but still gray and bluestyle in inside... I have the serial number for the curious ones who want to search for it  :thumbsup:

New toy found today in Luxembourg :)

Gtv V6 TB 1996 with a noisy rod when warmed up. Didn't start since october...

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/knioc8hoefv02m5/fHscYYRZeP

A lot of missing parts but hopefully I have my old gtv stuffs!

The most part I was happy to keep is the Alfa Code Ecu. The gtv didn't want to start, alfa code light flashing...

I changed it and then finally it won't start again... Fuel is ok, spark plugs are really dirty but the spark is there...

Maybe we flooded the engine because we pulled hard on the truck battery  :ph34r:

THIS GTV IS GOING TO BE OUR CS_EVO PROJECT  :happy0045:

Unfitting, disassembling, widening inlets/outlets, adding bigger turbo.

And after a megasquirt with the removing of the afm...

And after a 120-point roll cage  :lol:

And after many meets with our friends (maybe from Biltema) holesaw and angle grinder  :happy0045:

You can never go wrong with a hole saw from Biltema. :D

:thumbsup:

They make holes like never before! :D

But, why not build a new engine? I will start a engine project next winter. 2,8 TB :)

You read my mind alfaduden :D This is what we are going to do with the "old" engine. Forged, aac upgrade, etc...

Edited by Damgreg

Serious plans, me likey  :thumbsup: But something's gone wrong with the lights, Sir!  :lol:

When I daydream about a build like this, I usually swap the 12V Busso for a 3.0L 24V. The 24V is well suited for forced induction in a similar way that BMW M50 engines are. Large valves, low lifting cams and oil nozzles under the pistons. 

Have you considered this or done some research on it?

An unmodified 24V will probably respond better to forced induction than a 2.0-3.0L 12V with polished heads.

We are not ready for a such mod. We have two V6 TB so we'll use them...

The 12v TB had a turbo so... we don't want to put a turbo on a atmo which was not developp for this purpose... We don't want to break smtg, it will be so much cost for us. And I think that 300hp on a light-weight Gtv will be quitte enough for driving pleasure  :thumbsup:

In france, we had a V6 rotrex which failed by breaking the timing belt, a mix of 12V and 24V V6 turboified with a GT30 but it don't work properly... Not lucky with this kind of mods in France  :P

Edited by Damgreg

The 23v TB had a turbo so... we don't want to put a turbo on a atmo which was not developp for this purpose...

yeah, almost always one or more valves that are missing or are bent on the 24V. :D

I will use a 3L 12V and a 2,5 12V crankshaft... That lowers the compression just enough on the 3l to install a turbo :) And Voila, 280HP and a whole lot of tourque... Then start to modify that later.... will easily end up with 350-400HP :D

When you will think of your rods ask me, I found smtg really interesting. We will have to discuss a bit about that. 

I had the same thoughts about the 3L mod   :thumbsup:

Why? 75w90 is the alfa recommendation... This oil has been fitted in some Gtv with Q2 or quaife and only good feedbacks.

This oil is a bit thick on cold starts but definitly better under extremes condition.

What oil would you put on a quaife or Q2 diff?

Edited by Damgreg