Welcome to Squadra916

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Damgreg

My third 916 : Spider 2.0 V6 TB

74 posts in this topic

My viewpoint is that the gear cogs probably say thank you to the thicker oil but the synchromesh may have trouble to keep up, so that the gearchanges not work so good as they can.

I use a fully synthetic SAE 75-90 API GL-4/5 oil and it works well.

But I have a quaife and then I need a special oil for limited slip diff... And this oil has been recommended for me. I'll have more torque with my TD04...

On warm oil no problem for shifting. The gearbox appears to be more accurate.

Since Alfa's recommendation is 75W-90 GL4+, later changed to 75-80, I believe 75W-90 is the best option for inspired, demanding driving. At least that's what I'm gonna use in mine.  B)

But I have a quaife and then I need a special oil for limited slip diff... And this oil has been recommended for me. I'll have more torque with my TD04...

On warm oil no problem for shifting. The gearbox appears to be more accurate.

Q2 and Quaife LSD are built around gears and do not need a special LSD oil with LS additives (though it probably

won't hurt) like a clutch/plate type LSD  does,  so normal gear lube API GL-4/5 is sufficient.

:)

Edited by GTV-TB

A little feedback after one month of light use...

This oil is quite good. Only on cold start 1st and 2nd are a bit hard to reach. It lasts 5 minutes and after gear shifting are normal.

I'm looking for some roads to enjoy the pleasure of the LSD...

I will use a 3L 12V and a 2,5 12V crankshaft... That lowers the compression just enough on the 3l to install a turbo :) And Voila, 280HP and a whole lot of tourque... Then start to modify that later.... will easily end up with 350-400HP :D

I think that this is Squadra tuning Spider 2.8 turbo setup. Going for serious power will not be easy for sure :smile23: . But with let say 280 hp and high torque FWD car, the traction will be a problem. And also hard on the gearbox (like you car read in their site). And with even more power and torque, the problems will be more serious and more. And also more parts have to be changed and modified - pistons for example.

These days I found something interesting regarding modifying 3.0 and 3.2 V6 engines and will post it in this topic -> Alfa V6 head gaskets

About gearbox/differential oil (they use same oil) my opinion is like GTV-TB. Gear type LSDs (Q2, Quaife) don't need special oil like plate type LSDs. I think that good oil for performance is Motul Gear 300 . I bought such, but don't have put it in the car yet.

Today I mounted my Federal 595 and my Toyo T1R (225 35 18) tires to my brand new-painted AZEV type M 18x8.5p for my race track gtv and obviously tested them before on my spider  :happy0045:  :happy0045:  :happy0045:

:)

Edited by Damgreg

They obviously are 5x98! I don't wanna play with thoses changing bolts for my race car  -_-

I don't know the offset of the wheels and it's not written inside but they look like 30 or less... On the pictures I have my 10mm spacers from each side at the rear  ^_^

Edited by Damgreg

Saturday I normally should have drive the race track Gtv but I will not be able to get the vehicule registration so I dismantled the gtv a bit... The spider will race saturday!!!!

10678774_10152812767467741_7185984723577

I love so much the feeling of the bucket seats and the handling of the smaller wheel which is much closer to my chest with 75mm offset and the snap-off hub  :wub:  :wub:  :wub:

What model is this seat and do you make it movable? What brand and model is the wheel?

For track driving race seat is a must, especially with our not very supportive leather seats.

It's Sparco Sprint V seats with OMP belts... The wheel is a 350mm with 75mm offset GT2I one mounted on a fiat coupe hub.

Because we will be 2 to drive the Gtv, only the driver seat is movable back and forth. I used the old system of my ex gtv seat and plugged the sparco bucket seat adapter on it.

Stiff and convenient, perfect in one word!!!

10401899_10204547867568590_4599988900933

Here is some pictures of my track day event!

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/uygsqy55c8mpnp8/AACuSE2_WA5wXAt4LJ4a8pCYa

It was seriously crazy!!!!! The Quaife LSD is incredibly powerful!! The spider go where I want it to go! The only limit was my tires which are now nearly dead in the front  -_- RIP  :happy0045:

:thumbsup:

Open car ... it had not worked here in Sweden, I had drowned with all the rain we have ....am I jealous ... yes I am. ;)

Sparco don't offer special adapter for the GTV. So what brackets did you use - universal or for another model. I'm interested, because there was(is) option for mounting of one model of Sparco seats in my car and guess that all Sparco seats for bottom mounting use the same style.

I have to mention that we raced top closed! Because risk of major injuries in case of rollovers... But I top downed it each time it was parked because it so nice top down like this  :wub:

I bought the adapters in leboncoin.fr a website similar from autoscout24 but for all the other things to sell, clothes, houses, phones, ...

It was sold as Sparco seats adapter... Nothing written on them... It was fitted on a BMW... e30 or e36. I had to make new holes to fit the frame of the gtv and it was great, stiff and low... Even so I could have been lowering the passenger seat from 2 holes... I didn't think about that, I just remember now that I fixed it the upper holes of the adapter! I will be able to take you more detailled pictures soon...

It was a bit hard to fit because the adapter fitted on the seat is a bit larger than the hole espacement of the gtv frame holes. 

Edited by Damgreg

Really nice and rare 916S!

In my life I've never seen a 916 in white and only one spider tb!

;)  bravo!

Here is little video... I changed my movie maker software so this is why it's not so good...!

:hmm: Hrrrm...overtaken by two Nissan Micra :coffee:  or what the small white boxes was....did you not get more power from the TD05H-12B? :P

Do you mean this nissan micra?? 

1622762_555033677930835_1305671303841702

:ph34r:

The first laps were warmup of the spider... And the video cut before the end when I imported it so I'm doing it again... With 3 min of more interesting things... 

I'm running an hybrid TD04 with my spider... And with its f*cking air leaks I don't have all the power... I'm waiting for the silicon reinforced hoses! And I found that the idle actuator was leaking. I put some seal paste but it didnt work. I'll try something when I'll change the hoses, engine coolant, engine oil, camshaft play adjustment, ... a lot of work for the winter to come  :rolleyes:

black or white damgreg? :cheeky:

post-1032-0-95038400-1439153536_thumb.jp

when you listened the 3.0 ... you remained hypnotized. :P