Welcome to Squadra916

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
charlee

Recent outages and other stuff

Hi guys,

First of all, I'm sorry for the recent problems with the site. 

It looks like we have been attacked a few days ago and our host has blocked access to the site until we found a way to block the attacks. After failing a few times, we finally managed to get the site running. But... (yes, but), the servers we were on were very slow for our needs (US based) and as GTV-TB noticed, loading times were huge. I, myself didn't have that long loading times, but it depends on your location. 

So, we have moved us to a new server in the EU and the speed is amazing (SSD), at least for me. It costs considerably more to run and maintain, but it's absolutely worth it.

I will create another round of donations if you would like to contribute.
This will be our home, until we outgrow it.

So, what else? 

We have a new site. The old one was quite resource intensive. This one is faster and will be more feature rich as we update it.

If you have visited the site, you probably noticed the new Shop. There's no shop in the forum anymore and we have great plans for the new one.

Firstly. We start with a bunch of stickers/t-shirts/mugs/accessories and even Wall Tattoos.

Secondly. We have made an arrangement with a local leather upholstery and will be able to offer custom high quality leather gaitors and steering wheel recovering )plus other custom leather work) with very good prices.

So, watch out for other updates soon!

First of all, a huge thanks for all your hard work. The new site looks good and i am sure it will attract more 916 addicts.

The site does react much quicker. I like it!

I will donate, for sure.

Thanks C.

Great job! :) Thank you for speeding it up! It is really fast now. :) 

I'll donate too for sure.

Well done, have browsed around the site which is now snappy and fluent to browse.

:thumbsup:

Secondly. We have made an arrangement with a local leather upholstery and will be able to offer custom high quality leather gaitors and steering wheel recovering )plus other custom leather work) with very good prices.

B)

Firstly. We start with a bunch of stickers/t-shirts/mugs/accessories and even Wall Tattoos.

That's awesome! Too bad I'm aiming to remove most of the interior, not make it nicer... I hope this will catch on so that you get lots of customers  :hello:

Google has removed tupport for the old Maps API v2 so this is just a quick fix to have a map until the final app is finished. 

No new markers can be added

Donations are once again available. Any amount will be greatly appreciated to keep the site running smoothly. 

You can see the donations bar on the right side of the forum home.

Thank you!

Thanks to the ones who have donated.  :thumbsup:

And don't be afraid to click on any of the ads if you find something interesting. It does help pay for our expenses.

We don't make much per click but it's something. 

i cannot purchase items off our site =( i would love love love a 916 sticker for the gtv. however i put in the correct details for paypal via the external link and it doesnt work. says ive used incorrect login details. however if i use the same details at paypal.com or ebay or another online store, their external links work fine... =(

i will be making a donation too, this is my favourite alfa site!

Thanks for reporting. I will look into it ASAP.

If you consider donating, the system is different and it should work (different account).

Donating worked fine a week ago when I contributed to my favorite Alfa community!

making a donation tomorrow charlee, my funds are transferring =) this is my favourite alfa site.. more than alfaowner.com and ausalfa.com... easiest to read and gtv specific.