Welcome to Squadra916

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
EvoMan

Evoman's Spider 3.0 12v 1998

123 posts in this topic

I had to cross connect the wires. Took me a while to find it out.

It works, and built in clean and tidy.

2rgm6p3.jpg

Not sure if I leave the day running lights orange, or also blueish white.

Did You check if the interior/seats are original? 836 Black Leather?

If so this is quite a rare version, at least on Phase 3 cars, here also I suspect

How many would You suspect were 'Red Style-Black Leather' on Phase 3 cars? From total of 4705 cars?

Did You check if the interior/seats are original? 836 Black Leather?

If so this is quite a rare version, at least on Phase 3 cars, here also I suspect

How many would You suspect were 'Red Style-Black Leather' on Phase 3 cars? From total of 4705 cars?

I am sure not many people like the the red dashboard. I do! I guess 5% of all cars would have been sold with Red Style - Black

20swz1z.jpg

If I check the original spec sheet of the car, it came with this interior.

I have a red dashboard but mine is with red seats also and i like it that way more, just that red dashboard and black seats are so much rarer option

8000K? Thats extreme, isn't it? I thought I might eventually convert the high beam because it sucks so bad. I looked at 4300K because I dont want what's in front of me to light up in ice blue.

8000K? Thats extreme, isn't it? I thought I might eventually convert the high beam because it sucks so bad. I looked at 4300K because I dont want what's in front of me to light up in ice blue.
I find 8000k good. It is not blue at all. Nice and clear. It is amazing how much more visible things are. Today I did not hit any pedestrians. What a result!

By the way, I could do with some bigger brakes. I would like to see nice, fat and red brakes.

s1ojdj.jpg

And I could do with some air in my tyre.

Edited by EvoMan

Today I polished the car, and off course a little drive. I clayed the car and then buffed it several times. The paint looks so fresh. I did see dark clouds rolling in, so I buffed like a madman. 

The result is worth the while.

2wn4fwj.jpg

I am now searching for storage till March. Then the car will go up for sale. The day this car leaves, I will cry. 

Your Spider is amazing!

I admire your modifications, and the front Zender lip is something I just need to get!

Keep it up sir!

Your Spider is amazing!

I admire your modifications, and the front Zender lip is something I just need to get!

Keep it up sir!

Thank you Sir ;-)

It looks like it. I bought it from a forum member. It came from a GTV. It is original Zender. When I search on the web, there is nearly no info on it.

It is more in line with the spider then the Cup spoiler. I would not mind some elegant side skirts.

Why are you going to sell the spider?

What are you looking for instead?

Sorry for my 2 blunt questions. .

I bought this car to break it for parts. But I fell in love with it. Then I had a vision, collected parts from everywhere and built myself a Spider that I like. I had fun doing it. I have another Spider that I will start rebuilding next year. Or the year after. The cycle starts over again, source parts and build myself another cool Spider.

Now I have a 75 V6. I like to put some more detail into that. Off course my wallet is not so big that I can do all at once. So this Spider will be up for sale.

Those wheels are terrible. They did not even look good in the 90's.

The master has done it again. A kick ass set of dials for my 75. Red to match some interior details. 

For everyone that has doubts. Order some dials from Charlee. 

4jvslf.jpg

It is these little details that make all the difference. 

Edited by EvoMan

Your picture seems to be blank... both on forum website and android app...

Envoyé de mon GT-I9300 en utilisant Tapatalk

That's the Novitec front lip.

Yes I know, but it is quite similar to the Zender one...

I like the wheels, maybe not so much on a 916, but they look just like Ghibli Cup wheels! :)

Thanks, EvoMan. :dance1: 

The ones I'll do for your 75 will light up like a x-mas tree :D

The hardest thing to do will be the conversion to rear illumination. But they will be one-of-a-kind  :thumbsup:

I tried the yellow foil, it looks rubbish. That went straight into the bin.

I'm glad you came to your senses. Yellow lights... what on earth were you thinking... :facepalm:

I'm glad you came to your senses. Yellow lights... what on earth were you thinking... :facepalm:

I was thinking :

Ok, today was a productive day. I fitted the chrome rollbar, off course I had to take the hardtop off first. After that, I adjusted the hardtop for about 4 hours, now there is no wind/road noise coming in. It fits like a glove....or a hardtop.

After that I updated the Parrot. No result.....I swapped it with another Parrot, now works fine.

After that, the dials......I sent my wife away, so I had some peace and quiet. She could not hear the swearing, so win / win situation.

mueput.jpg

28a0qp3.jpg

26065fn.jpg

yz500.jpg

Luckily I had a spare unit, so I practiced on that one. The key is to wear thin rubber gloves ( no fingerprints on the dials ) use child friendly glue ( not so aggressive ) and work clean. Mark how the dials where set, before you take the unit apart. Remove the needles gently with a fork. Clean the surface before you stick on the new facias. 

It is not so hard to do, the only pain where the white rings behind the dials, they kept moving all over the place. So I glued them on with 4 tiny drops of glue.

Put in the new backlights and back into the car.

And the speedo / rev counter

The picture is a bit shaky, I did this before my morning coffee.

2ekovac.jpg