Welcome to Squadra916

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
EvoMan

Evoman's Spider 3.0 12v 1998

123 posts in this topic

I really like your car !!

Well done for deciding to spend a little time and money of course on getting her right.

Any more picture ?

I have not been able to go out and shoot pictures, since the Zender front spoiler. This weekend I guess.

2qktjd3.jpg

95xv14.jpg

She is nearing completion. I am happy with the paintwork. She looks tidy again.

Edited by EvoMan

Very nice.

What bumper is fitted?

It is a Zender front spoiler. I have not seen it before.

Today the 75 also rolled out of the paint shop. Black looks so much better. Maybe next weekend I can 

photograph the Spider and 75 in one shoot. 

Edited by EvoMan

2jfez9d.jpg

I received the yellow foil a couple of days ago, before sticking it on, I thought I would so a little photoshop. Now I have my doubts. Maybe I will stick it on, if I do not like it, I rip it off again.

Have you thought of painting the mirrors and windscreen surround gloss black to match the hard top.

Yes, I have thought about that. In your case it looks good, in my case it is just color coding.

The problem is, where do you stop? Paint the mirrors and the windscreen surround, there are a few tiny chips in the windscreen, i could do with some aeroblade windscreen wipers.

For now I will finish the car with parts that I have, I need my money for the 75.

If I decided to keep this car, this suggestion would certainly be on my shortlist.

It looks very good on your car.

Today I had no energy to work on the 75. Instead I spent some time on the spider. In the end, lots of small jobs, also took a long time.

Anyway, the parrot is in. GPS receiver is placed under the centre console, the microphone next to the rear view mirror. The USB and Ipod/Iphone cable are now coming out in the armrest, where you can place your Iphone in a cradle.

The sound that the Parrot produces is amazing. Very clear and vibrant. Lovely bass and pure high tones.

fegxfn.jpg

After that, I placed sound proofing material in the centre console, to reduce the road noise coming from the tunnel.

A quick wash ans polish and the she is set to go back in the garage. Off course it was time for a drive, the weather was

very good.

b6er0o.jpg

2vulxq9.jpg

I tried the yellow foil, it looks rubbish. That went straight into the bin.

I love the clean design of that Parrot headunit!

It is just an amazing headunit. All you can expect from a radio....and more.

Such a beautiful car. The Parrot looks very cool. 

I was looking into this lately. It has an iOS app with extensive controls.

137520.jpg

Such a beautiful car. The Parrot looks very cool. 

I was looking into this lately. It has an iOS app with extensive controls.

Thanks C.

I am a huge Alpine fan. I looked into several other head units. The clean look of the Parrot is amazing.

Try it, you will be sold.

I have 2. I bought one through an online selling website. When I got home, my partner looked disappointed. In Holland we celebrate Sinterklaas, an old guy with a beard.

vfe4h0.jpg

She bought me one for Sinterklaas. I try to sell the one I bought, but it seems that I paid a crazy price, no one is interested .

I think these will fit perfectly  :D

Black Alfa GT style. Perfect replica  B)  :ph34r:

attachicon.gifyju7eqyp.jpg

:happy0045: 

They look so good! 

The final piece to complete my car.

:respect:

WIthout a doubt one of the best mods on my car. I have ordered the white backlights, they can arrive any day.

I am so happy now.

How do you change backlight to make the illumination white? Because bulbs are already white  :ph34r:

New, brighter white lights, there is a green " dot " behind the dials that lights the dials up green, in the centre console, the green light is produced by green " foil" Remove these and you have white dials and buttons.

Here is a picture :

2rgp9g6.jpg

The white light shines through the green " foil" making it green in the cabin.

Edited by EvoMan

Yes, it's just green print on the back.

You can sand the original dials, or use nail polish remover or alcohol to remove the rear print. But the problem with OEM dials is that they are thin and the print is not too good. That's why they print black on both sides, to get them to be more opaque.

If you remove the green print and use LEDs which are much brighter, you can have hot spots or have the light see through, which is not something you'd want. 

My dials are thicker and have better light spread than OEM dials. 

And one more thing. OEM bulbs are not white, but yellowish. You should get LEDs that have a wide angle because our cars only have 2 bulbs per dial. 

If you want a perfect light spread in any colour, with illuminated needles and all the bells and whistles, you will have to send them to me to mod them for you :)

This is how it looks like on mine. No hot spots.

dials030.jpg

The lights I ordered are pure white. I did this to match the Parrot. Even if the light is not spread evenly, this is no problem for me.

The only thing I worry about is the fan switches and the buttons for the front and rear foglights. I have not looked at them closely yet.

I will take some pictures of the end result soon.

I thought about red, but then it does not match the radio. Black centre console, black alcantara tunnel and console surround, white backlights and the Parrot. This takes the 916 interior into 2014 ;-)

Edited by EvoMan

We have Xenon headlights. 8000K, not to brights. Plug and play turned out to be not so plug and not so play.

eb6b76.jpg