Welcome to Squadra916

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
EvoMan

Evoman's Spider 3.0 12v 1998

123 posts in this topic

Off course I have been around for a while, but I have never properly introduced my car.

This 1998 V6 was bought for parts and it was never my intention to keep it. Over time this

V6 grew on my, and I could not take it apart. It has a real character,I the morning it is a little

grumpy and it takes some warming up before she likes to work for you.

In the last few months I have invested huge amounts of money to keep her in tip top shape. Something that has not gone down here in the household. Until my partner drove the car and she understands the situation and the car now.

Now, she runs like a Spider V6 should and she has proven to be very reliable. I was planning on storing her for the winter, but my garage is getting a bit short on space. My Alfa 75 needs to be inside, so the Spider needs to be parked outside. After taking some measurements, If I take out the workbench, I can squeeze in the 75 and the Spider. But I like to drink my morning coffee, looking at the 75. Although she carries a hefty petrol fragrance. 

To make a long story short, my V6 is from 1998, has done 250k and is Alfa Nero with a Red Style interior. She is equipped with a full Zender exhaust, 17 Inch Zender Sienna wheels and since last weekend, she has a Wiesmann hardtop. Possibly the best buy ever! This makes the Spider winter proof, I now have rear window heating and it is so quiet in the cabin.

Today I have taken the Spider on a long trip, because the 939 needed a service. Very comfortable and the fuel economy surprised me.

1192i6a.jpg

I needed to stop for some inner fuel, not for petrol ;-)

The car is tidy enough for my taste, I have only a few modifications to do to make her my dream Spider. In the coming months, the 75 will get my attention so my other Spider needs to wait for a while. There is no room for a mistress ;-)

1zoyo9v.jpg

2v8lkyc.jpg

The wheels have been refurbished, I want to get an Alcantara ventre console with red stitching and make the centre console ( the silver part ) piano lacquer black with a red Alfa Romeo logo. I want to do a brake upgrade with red calipers and then she is finished.

I will keep you updated over the coming months.

Edited by EvoMan

Great looking spider! Show us 75 :)

It is not photo ready yet. I needs to shine! And it needs a dutch license plate.

The horses are ready for bed. Could not resist playing around with some parts i got today. 

1zc2v85.jpg

25oxgy0.jpg

Tomorrow is a new day, headlights on the Spider and some interior work on the 75.

Since today I want the 75 to be black. Thanks for that Joris ;-)

Many jobs done today. New headlights, foglights updates, some under bonnet work, the little lock for the interior storage fixed.

The latest upgrade is a pretty rare Zender front spoiler. Type 5900719. It is not painted yet, but it looks very cool.

x4jdps.jpg

The latest upgrade is a pretty rare Zender front spoiler. Type 5900719. It is not painted yet, but it looks very cool.

Posted Image

Looks great! Are the intakes real so that you could fit hoses between them and the front brakes?

Sent from my Tablet726H using Tapatalk

Yes, you could fit cold air intakes. I might do that in future.

Cool. It's by far the nicest front spoiler. My plan was to fit a V6 front bumper and try to find a V6 Aero lip, but your Spider looks so good like that that you have almost changed my mind for me...  :bang1:     :D

I never liked the silver inserts much, so since paint was made for the front bumper/spoiler, inserts in Alfa Nero with clearcoat over it.

2960itv.jpg

I never liked the silver inserts much, so since paint was made for the front bumper/spoiler, inserts in Alfa Nero with clearcoat over it.

Looking good.  :thumbsup:

You have a spectacular spider, that combination I have only seen in pictures.

After lacquered black color console, you've done with the silver odometer?

Edited by trebol

I would like the " French style" headlights in yellow. They are available for the previous model, but not the 916. I was thinking of coating the whole unit with ultra thin yellow foil. 

Not sure if this is legal over here, I will find out.

zu2iol.jpg

You have a spectacular spider, that combination I have only seen in pictures.
After lacquered black color console, you've done with the silver odometer?

They will also become black, as does the ashtray and so does the surround for the convertible top switch. A friend is making very tiny   symbols in white, I want it original, but then in black. I still want the know where to push ;-)

I mean this part. Normally it has writing on it, you loose that when you paint it. Small white stickers, that will be stuck onto the black basecoat, then covered in clearcoat. Standard it is silver with black writing, it will now be black with white writing.

23j68nt.jpg

Edited by EvoMan

Maybe you could just screen print it (like OEM). Good luck with stickers that small  :lol:

I am sure my friend knows what he is doing. I am not sure how it works, I explained what I wanted, he said he could fix it. I count on that.

The black inserts are much better, the interior does look easier to the eye. With a black dashboard, silver looks great. With Red Style it looks a bit to much. Black, Red and silver.

The cup kit front wings are painted, need to fit them. Maybe at the weekend.

If anyone is interested in a Cup Kit without front wings? Drop me a line.

Small decals/stickers are fiddly. So it's very hard to cut them and in the end they will always be embossed a bit when you lacquer over them. If screen printed they will be flat. It does cost more, but if you want an OEM result, you will do that.  :ph34r:  :D

Wy not just buy the Fase 3 Jts panel and astray wich are black standard.

Not so easy to find. The paint job is good enough for now.

Update.

The Alfa 75 is coming up great. New paint job looks stunning! The seats are sent to the upholstery guy for some smooth black leather. This weekend we will start building it up, before X-Mas we should have it running.

The Spider will be completed very soon. Then store it till spring and sell it  :angry:

Just my new dials to install, white backlights for the dials ( to match the Parrot ) 2 restyle dents to remove and she is ready for someone to enjoy for a very long time.

vnoyvr.png

The dials are made by Charlee and they will look amazing in the Spider. I love the Italian writing for water and fuel.

Any informative price?

Also, is it a 12v or 24v engine? E2 or E3?

It is a 12v, with the full Zender exhaust she sounds amazing. I like the rawness of the 12V.