Welcome to Squadra916

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Filip

Filip's GTV TS Clubsport project

510 posts in this topic

Maybe a photo of me would make you more suspicious :rolleyes:

Try any of the below pictures .... then he must believe in everything you say. :cheeky:

post-17-0-62905700-1397861639_thumb.jpg

post-17-0-24613000-1397861649_thumb.jpg

post-17-0-17882600-1397861659_thumb.jpg

Good, we're super scary!

1 step forward:

Stilauto Ghibli with Federal RS-R below.

Weight: 11+11=22 kg/wheel.

1 step backward:

The driver side electric window broke. It would move down all the way but not go further up than about 1/3. It has derailed somewhere but when I got the door card off, I couldnt see or feel any obvious problems...

1 more step backward:

While doing the above, I must have touched the lock somehow because now the central locking bounces and turning the key in the lock feels stiff/jerky. And I didn't fiddle with it since I ddnt want more trouble. Piece of crap.

Edited by Filip

Swedes........ :ph34r: .......... :D

Regarding the window... hoping for a hot summer..... :D

About the central locking bounces, maybe the central locking is out of sync or lock pin and/or the lever that it acts on are binding to something/makes some resistance to movement or the battery voltage is low those circumstances can cause bouncing central lock.

Turning the key in the lock feels stiff and you have to hold the key for a few seconds, either in the locked position or the open position before the central locking has determined if the door is to be locked or unlocked.

Swedes........  :ph34r: ..........  :D

Regarding the window... hoping for a hot summer.....  :D

About the central locking bounces, maybe the central locking is out of sync or lock pin and/or the lever that it acts on are binding to something/makes some resistance to movement or the battery voltage is low those circumstances can cause bouncing central lock.

Turning the key in the lock feels stiff and you have to hold the key for a few seconds, either in the locked position or the open position before the central locking has determined if the door is to be locked or unlocked.

A hot summer would be nice, except I pulled up the window and removed the button so none of the power windows work. And the heater is busted, ranging from warmish to very hot.  :huh: No cold air available. 

Damn I have to fix those windows  :(

My deadline is May 1 and I need to get the following things done... 

1. Fit the license plates. Very complicated!
  2. Torque up everything... caliper brackets being the most important, hehe!
  3. Go for a test drive... I've rebuilt so many brake components that I'm a little nervous about this  :rolleyes:
  4. Hook up the ABS thingy to an Examiner thingy and see what it has to say for itself... 
  5. Check the engine mounts. The car has an interesting rocking thing going when driving with a heavy right foot and fast shifting, almost as if an engine mount is cracked or if they are all ruined. 
  6. Check if the thermostat is busted. 
  7. Change the above
  8. Fit the grille and the "badge facelift kit" 
  9. Rebuild the exhaust, involving moving the second silencer and suspending it properly. 
  10. Driiiive it!  :D

Looks like I'm doing pretty OK!  :thumbsup:

ABS: A friend helped me out today with the ABS. The fuses and relays are all fine. Next step: Examiner. 

Exhaust: The whole system was, until today , held in place by one rubber in the middle of the car and one just in front of the tailpipe. I had to fit a third mount somewhere in between. Since welding is out of the question (no talent, no equipment  :lol: ), I had to get creative... Using some OEM Ford and Renault parts, I constructed a mount that wraps around the rear subframe and lifts the exhaust slightly closer to the body. It's version 1.0, so if it works, it stays  ;)

Photo to be posted!

Strange rattling noise: I thought it was the air filter (cone filter with aluminium end plates) rattling against the original bracket but it seems that it was the exhaust tapping on the subframe brace when the engine vibrated when changing gears/parking etc. 

I added some spacers to the brace and the exhaust mod above raised the system a little. Test-revving it on the jackstands turned out 0.0 rattles. We'll see what happens upon touchdown...  :P

Adding to the list:

• Rear spacers. The Ghiblis are ET35, so slightly better, but still too narrow for the rear. Got some thin non-hubcentric spacers that I will trialfit. If they dont work, I will go for Sparco hubcentric ones. 
  • Rear silencer/tailpipe. Its poor construction creates a lot of resonance and doesnt muffle the sound very well. Photo to be posted... 
  • Version 2.0 of the intake mount. Trimmed and painted, hopefully  :thumbsup:
  • Oil change to 10W-60.
  • Gearbox oil change
  • Re-bleed the brakes, again. A slightly spongy pedal feel on an Alfa? No... 

Update on the shock/upright comparison. The bracket width of 25 mm is old news, but...

Cc between bolts: 57 mm

Distance from upper bolt to center line on shock: 44 mm

Distance from lower bolt to center line on shock: 54 mm

Nothing corresponds to the TB :(

I have a set of 12mm spacers with bolts that you can buy from me if you want!

Since we have summer in Norway already I refilled the aircon gas on monday! Worth every penny, and a good clean, leaktest and re filling of gas made my GTV cold inside!

Now it is only 4 days untill departure to Nürburgring! :D

I have a set of 12mm spacers with bolts that you can buy from me if you want!

Since we have summer in Norway already I refilled the aircon gas on monday! Worth every penny, and a good clean, leaktest and re filling of gas made my GTV cold inside!

Now it is only 4 days untill departure to Nürburgring! :D

Spacers, yes please! Will we meet at a trackday soon or what would shipping be? Brand? :)

Sweet! Such luxury, aircon!

I'm kinda jealous about the Ring... Obviously!

Ready for the annual Italian car meet at Skokloster north of Stockholm tomorrow.

I'm guessing I'll be the only idiot who shows up in an unwashed Alfa :rolleyes:

No time due to the oil filter problem.

The new wheels improved the look a little :) Still need spacers...

I'm guessing I'll be the only idiot who shows up in an unwashed Alfa :rolleyes:

Cool :thumbsup: , have a nice day at Skokloster.

The car has been waxed by the previous owner...?! Didn't expect that...

post-372-139982133649_thumb.jpg

I used "autofinesse" products to reviving the paint ;)

I bought it in a spanish dealer (here in Valencia) but products are from UK...  

(Sorry, I don't know if I can put direct links :huh: )

http://www.maesaldetailer.es/es/clay-bar/459-auto-finesse-clay-200-g.html

http://www.maesaldetailer.es/es/glazes-aio-s-cleansers/467-auto-finesse-rejuvenate-250-ml.html

http://www.maesaldetailer.es/es/sellantes/466-auto-finesse-tough-coat-paint-sealant-250-ml.html

...a lot of money, but now the car looks new  :thumbsup:

Thanks for that! I'll try a Swedish brand called Autorange/Lahega (www.lahega.se) but I haven't gotten around to buying a cheap dual head polishing machine yet...

I havn't a polishing machine too!!! :D  :D  :D   I did it by hand  :music1:

You crazy?  :good:

Thanks for that! I'll try a Swedish brand called Autorange/Lahega (www.lahega.se) but I haven't gotten around to buying a cheap dual head polishing machine yet...

Filip, I tried to rein in myself....... I really tried.....I did.....but I did not succeed.....so here is a link http://www.biltema.se/sv/Bilvard/Tvatt-och-Rengoring/Polermaskin/Vax--och-polermaskin-2-x-95-mm-170882/  :)