Welcome to Squadra916

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

charlee

First ever official Squadra916 meet! 916 Drive

47 posts in this topic

We are happy to announce our first ever official meet! It will happen in Motovun/Istria/Croatia from 4-6 October and there will be a planned tour of the beautiful Istria  B)  :)

Further info with accommodation details and more will be available soon and it's a bit hard for me to type as I managed to injure my right hand while on vacation.

big_motovun_3.jpg

Wikipedia page on Motovun: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Motovun

Can I join with the Spider diesel? Would not mind to drive some serious miles in that. Maybe you only want 916's there  ;)

How is everyone with the date? Is it too soon? I think 3 weeks should be enough to arrange a trip. , or maybe I'm wrong?

EvoMan, of course you're welcome! Would be great meeting you and everyone else  :thumbsup:

Sadly to far and expensive for me this year. :(

Next year it will be somewhere else, so hopefully then  B)

@EvoMan, well I think you'll be as welcome in that diesel train ;) as in your beautiful 916 Spider!

Yesterday I went from Rotterdam to Le Havre in France. The diesel Spider was actually very comfortable. Because of the rain, sadly with the top down. It starts to grow on me. Often you need a good long trip to fully appreciate a car to the fullest.

Sent from my iPhone

That looks fine. I´m in Istria from 29th September until 12th October. So it should be no problem to join :-)

For drivers that are not nearby and need some more time to fit this in their schedule, is 11-13 October a better option?

For drivers that are not nearby and need some more time to fit this in their schedule, is 11-13 October a better option?

For me not, I have to drive back home at 13th October. 4th-6th October would be perfect.

But of course it is important to find a date on which the most members have time.

Archi, do you have any more details? 

About the places to visit while there, Rovinj is an obvious must-see, maybe Hum as a nice place for lunch...

Tomorrow I will start to Rovinj. Is there a programm with meeting points and time? I have internet access in my hotel, so it is not a problem to look into the forum during holidays, but it would be good to get some informations for planning.

I have no details, I hope Charlee and Marin will update us with the plan on time.

I am only worried about the weather, at the moment we have a really lousy weather here in Rijeka, and it can't be much different in Istria. I hope it'll get better, the forecast says nicer weather after next wednesday...

Yes the weather was terrible today, very much rain during the whole trip from Munich to Rovinj. Roof must be closed all the time. :(

But forecast for next Friday and Saturday is good.

Lousy weather was an understatement - yesterday Rijeka was the rainiest city in the world with 260 litres per square meter! The next one was Sanhu Dao in China with 141 litres! :) Crazy! Today was fine, just a bit cloudy.

Next one in Spain, always nice weather there! I wish I could join you but im stuck in France without car, there arent many things worse than this, lol.

Today weather is beautiful again, only temperature is a little bit low.

Schedule:

Friday, 4th October 2013

- 20:00 hrs - meeting at Hostel Antico in Motovun. They have a small bar in the hostel so we can organise a small meet&greet event (finger food, wine etc). That would be a perfect way to meet each other and talk a bit, no?

- Sleep over in the hostel, bed+breakfast is 105 HRK - photos of the hostel and Motovun are available at http://www.booking.com/hotel/hr/hostel-antico.hr.html?aid=357020;label=gog235jc-index-XX-XX-XX-unspec-hr-com;sid=3c1dee7863380693f6de6b7ebc65fa7b;dcid=1

- DON'T BOOK ANYTHING! We talked to the owners and have reserved the whole hostel (15 persons max)!

- Please send ASAP the list of people willing to sleep - we need it to sort out the room arrangements.

Saturday, 5th October 2013

- breakfast, coffee :-)

- driving - route planned by Paso :thumbsup:

- lunch (somwhere where's good food and nice view)

- some more driving, coffee breaks, photo sessions etc

- getting back to the hostel in the evening

- dinner somewhere in Motovun - there are few nice restaurants so good food is a must! :thumbsup:

Sunday, 6th October 2013

- morning coffee, breakfast

- some more driving and going home...

I repeat: please send your registrations asap so we can organise everything...

Hope to see you there!!!! :beer:

Because I have my hotel in Rovinj I don´t need a sleeping room. So I will come at Saturday morning to you. Is the meeting point at the hostel? What time would be good to arrive and when do you start with driving? I will stay the whole day and of course also the evening.

Edited by Michael

Same as Michael, I don't need a room as I'll probably have to come with my kids so it'll be Saturday morning for me and I'll have to leave in the evening.

Michael, I don't expect that we'll start driving before 10:30 - 11:00 am, so we'll be just in time for lunch at 13-14 pm (in city of Hum I hope). I'll give some more details about the proposed route tomorrow. We can adjust it if someone has any special wishes...