Welcome to Squadra916

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

sax155

Hello Squadra 916

27 posts in this topic

Hi there,

I joined, because I love Alfa Romeos and I'm planning to buy my very first car in probably a month or less if everything goes as planned. :) (not a rookie driver)

My choice of course an Alfa Romeo GTV, with the facelifted interior.

But I'm not sure about the engine choice, as always. :) I'm hesitating between the 2.0 TS and the 3.0 V6, I know it's all set, go for the V6, but I don't know. :)

My father had a 155 with the 2.0 TS engine, and I loved it, it was fast, the sound was amazing, and the fuel consumption was pretty good. On the other hand though, the V6 is a V6, the sound, the power is probably way better than the TS (but of course heavier too on the front).

My only question is, is the 3.0 V6 costs "way" more than the TS, I mean for maintenance costs? I heard that the TS engines love oil, and have to take care about the timing belt and water pump, but I didn't hear any bad infos about the V6 engines. I saw that the fuel consumption is not that different, that I thought it would/should be. (and a friend told me once, you have to own/drive an Alfa with the V6 engines at least once in your life)

I will use my car mainly for longer trips, for example Berlin-Budapest (1000km) and other trips.

Please help. :)

Thanks.

I have owned a 2.0TS and now own a V6. The V6 is the one to go for. Far more relaxed cruising on long distance. The V6 has it's origins in the 70's and is nearly foolproof. Go for a vehicle that has been loved and cared for, and comes with a full service history. My donor car V6 has done 250000 km and still runs like a dream. Frequent oil and filter changes keep it in healthy shape. Fuel consumption is not that different between the V6 and the TS. I guess the emissions are better on the TS, I understand this is an issue for you, living in Germany.

The V6 sound will be the answer to all your questions ;-)

Keep us updated and enjoy the forum.

Ahh, awesome, the perfect person. :) 

Actually I didn't think about the 3.0 V6 until now, but I saw some cars 2.0 TS and V6 with almost the same price, same condition, and I thought why shouldn't I buy the better one, since I always buy the best or better thing I want to buy, why not use this technique with the loved cars. :)

I will, I hope I'll have it by the end of this month. :)

Any news on the hunt for a suitable car? Have you made the choice between engines yet?

Cheers

Evoman

Sent from my iPhone

Well, I only found one suitable 3.0 V6 in Germany, blue colour and beige interior (personal favourite) 90.000 km, but I haven't checked it, since it's 6 hours away from here. I'll wait till I have enough money, and if the car is still available I'll go and see it. If everything is okay with her, I'll take her back (the ride is gonna be amazing :D ), if not I'll buy a 2.0 TS, which is still awesome. :D

Edited by sax155

I'm getting more and more closer to buying my first Alfa Romeo, the only problem is that all the cars that I've seen until now and liked, are pretty far away from me, around 4-6 hours of driving. Of course I would like to see the car that will be mine before buying it, but it makes no sense (or not so much) to see every car, spend 8-12 hours of traveling for each, spend a lot of money, and than buy the one that I like the most… Right now I'm looking at around 4-5 cars that I'm considering to buy, but I don't really want to spend 500€ or more on traveling and just checking out a car. (If they would be closer it would be no problem)

What I've found as a "helper", is a website or a service called: http://www.checkmycar.de. Once you selected the car you want to buy, you can talk to them to investigate the vehicle for you (costs 99€) and when they finished, they give you a document with all the problematic areas with costs and everything included, so you have a clear idea about the car that you only saw on photos.

I was thinking about this method, since it would make my life a lot easier and I would rather spend 99€ for each car (of course than I would make the circle smaller by requesting more and more pictures about each car and than selecting the ones that I like the most), than spend the money and time on traveling.

Than, when I have all the cars' results in my hand, I can say okay I'll choose the 3.0 V6 with the black interior. :) Travel there and buy it. :)

What do you think?

Ask the seller to make many detailed pictures. This always helps. Then make a short list of the cars you really like.

I bought my Corsa OPC in Germany and searched in one specific area. Then asked for many pictures and spent one day looking at 3 cars. I bought the last one. Not because I liked it the most, because I was tired.

I travel to Germany twice a week. So if you need some help, let me know.

Sent from my iPad

Ask the seller to make many detailed pictures. This always helps. Then make a short list of the cars you really like.

I bought my Corsa OPC in Germany and searched in one specific area. Then asked for many pictures and spent one day looking at 3 cars. I bought the last one. Not because I liked it the most, because I was tired.

I travel to Germany twice a week. So if you need some help, let me know.

Sent from my iPad

Wow, thanks for the great advices and the generosity. :) I'll let you know when I need help, I hope we'll find a good one. :)

But I hope that you had a lot of fun in it, or still have. :)

I can even link the ones that I like nowadays:

My threshold is around 3000€ so I'm trying to stay below that and find a good one, doesn't really matter if it has some problems, I like challenges and like to convert it to my likings. :)

The boy racer, as you call it, is very easy to convert back to stylish. Loose the steering wheel, remove the foil from the windows. And burn the gearstick. The blue with that leather is very rare. Then lower it and you have an amazing GTV.

Sent from my iPad

I used the boy racer word, because of the ugly steering wheel and gearstick… I would change those immediately and the changes you mentioned. :)

Hope it will be still there when I want to buy it. :)

I used the boy racer word, because of the ugly steering wheel and gearstick… I would change those immediately and the changes you mentioned. :)

Hope it will be still there when I want to buy it. :)

That one is easy to return to original condition.

My guess is, 500 euro and it is decent again. That color leather is my favorite.

Lower it slightly and you have an amazing GTV. Blue, leather and Teledials. All the right ingredients.

I also like the red V6, although I cannot judge about the interior.

Sent from my iPad

That one is easy to return to original condition.

My guess is, 500 euro and it is decent again. That color leather is my favorite.

Lower it slightly and you have an amazing GTV. Blue, leather and Teledials. All the right ingredients.

I also like the red V6, although I cannot judge about the interior.

Sent from my iPad

:) I already searched for steering wheels and gear sticks. :) I think 500€ would be enough to get her back to original. :) 

I like the red too, but I can't believe these people who want to sell their cars and take crappy pictures, I mean if I want to sell something I'd clean it first and than took at least 10 photos or more so that everything is clear and visible.

In parts the car is worth more then 1900 euro's. bargain of the month. Very special with that leather. I would not mind it myself. But then I think I will find 2 hands around my neck.

Sent from my iPad

:) I've started looking for GTVs in like may or april and this car was there for sale but with a higher price: 2290€, but it's still a good buy. Tough the description says: "Wird verkauft, weil der Zahnriemen gerissen ist." Which google translates to: "Is sold, because the timing belt broke". So probably the engine is dead or not in a very good state. :S I have to ask what he means by this…

I did not read that. If that is the case? I would leave it.

Sent from my iPad

Yeah, if that's the case than a new engine is minimum… :S My father had the same problem with his 155 2.0TS, it wasn't a cheap fix. :S I'll contact the seller and see what he replies.

It is not clear to me if the red V6 has a leather interior. It says sports seats. The mileage on this V6 is very low for the year. For Dutch standards, this one is cheap.

I cannot open de Mobile.de links you posted. I need to log in first.

Sent from my iPad

It is not clear to me if the red V6 has a leather interior. It says sports seats. The mileage on this V6 is very low for the year. For Dutch standards, this one is cheap.

I cannot open de Mobile.de links you posted. I need to log in first.

Sent from my iPad

Oh sorry, here are the links again (hope it works now):

The black Sportiva! I would jump in the car now to go see that.

The grey GTV with the red details, that is just nasty.

The dark blue one, It just is not special enough.

Sportiva, for sure.

Sent from my iPad

The black Sportiva! I would jump in the car now to go see that.

The grey GTV with the red details, that is just nasty.

The dark blue one, It just is not special enough.

Sportiva, for sure.

Sent from my iPad

Yes, the black sportiva is one of my favourites. :) It was couple of months ago sold for 3350€ now they reduced the price, but it's online at least for a year. I would love to buy that. It looks so great, and I assume it runs good too, but who knows. :)

Yeah, those red things have to go. :)

Evoman to Sax155. Any update yet? Please share your latest shortlist of cars with us.

That last one looks very nice indeed. It seems that you have raised your budget. If you buy the last one, please remove the stickers from the rear quarter panel.