Welcome to Squadra916

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Nasa

Alfa Romeo GTV 1.8 TS

33 posts in this topic

Hi guys,

I'll make myself a topic here aswell. You can see my introduction topic here: http://www.squadra916.com/forums/topic/2982-nasa-from-belgium/

So I have a Fase II GTV 1.8 TS in the color Grigio Chiaro with 150.000 kms now (bought her in 2009 with 120.000). I've already done some mods to it.

This is how the car looked when I picked her up:

p4pb4389392.jpg

p4pb4389391.jpg

p4pb4389390.jpg

Progress I've made so far:

* I've replaced the driver's door because someone keyed it  :angry:

* QV Stickers

* New Scudetto + logo (old ones were worn)

* T-Rex exhaust tip

* White side indicators

* Alfa Romeo carpets (black/red)

* Fase I black leather interior

* New handbrake and shifter gaiters (black with creme stitching)

* Pioneer radio/CD/MP3

* Zender Handbrake

* Zender Gear Knob

* Street performance air intake chrome

* Race grooved braking discs in the front

* Red calipers with white Alfa Romeo stickers

* Alfa Romeo Selespeed 17 inch rims

* 20 mm spacers in the rear

* Novitec 40 mm lowering springs

* Powerflexed the rear bushes

Plans for the future are currently: Novitec exhaust and new tires  ;) Further suggestions for updates are always welcome  B)

This is how she looks right now:

2013-07-20152103.jpg2013-07-20152201.jpg

p4pb7757068.jpg

p4pb7757042.jpg

This pic was taken during the replacement, my car isn't that messy  :lol:

2013-06-11123506.jpg

2013-04-24144630.jpg

2013-05-24152722.jpg

Mmmhhm, those Selespeed 17's are a rare but hot choice!  :wub:

What's the ET on those again? Noticed that you already fitted 20 mm spacers  :thumbsup:

The car looks so much better now compared to when you bought it. 

Where did you buy the shifter and handbrake gaiters? They look sweet! 

Another question: What's the 40mm Novitec lowering spring kit like? So far I've mostly heard that it's unnecessarily stiff, almost uncivilized  :lol:

Hi to another 916 enthusiast, that really take care for its car :)

And now for the things that take my attention.

- You have replaced the whole door because someone have scratched it  :huh: ?

- With what size of wheel-tyre combination was the car when you bought it? It looks very high to me.

- What is this -> * Street performance air intake chrome ?

- I think that every GTV looks better with spacers on the rear  :thumbsup: .

- Are you sure that these are -40 mm springs. I have seen Novitec springs on the net in the past, but can not remember their spec (and can not find now, probably they are out of production from some time). 40 mm lowering is very serious for our model! For some ordinary hatch or saloon that is normal lowering. From the pictures it doesn't look to me like -40 mm GTV. What size are your tyres. It is a little difficult to imagine my car 40 mm lowered  :D .

- I see that you have used powerflex on the rear suspension, but did you make alignment after that? 

Novitec don't made parts for GTV anymore from what I see on the net. From where do you think to find Novitec exhaust, probably some second hand.

Good luck with the car  :) .

Thnx for the elaborate replies ;)

@ Filip: I think the ET is 40,5 (that's what I found on the net ;) ). Front wheels looked ok, but in the rear they fell too much to the inside. To give you an idea: On this picture the Selespeeds were fitted without any spacers:

p4pb7928631.jpg

As you can see they were more than necessary  :thumbsup: . I love the selespeeds too, they're pretty rare on a 916. And still not that expensive. I'm still in college so my budget to work with isn't that high.

About the gaiters: I've ordered them on ebay in the shop 'topgaiters': http://stores.ebay.nl/TOP-GAITERS-BOOTS . They deliver an awesome service. Quick delivery, cheap and quality goods! They have various other leather details for our beloved 916's  ;) .

The Novitec suspension is pretty decent. No complaints here whatsoever. Ofc it's a little stiffer than the original ones, but I daily drive my car and it's fine with me. I can imagine some people can be annoyed by it, but I didn't buy the GTV for comfort :P . I'll explain more in my answer towards Kunev.

@ Kunev: Thnx mate, a lot of questions from you  :D . To start with the door: a friend of mine from the 916register (dutch forum) had various parts from a GTV he stripped and it happened to be the same color as mine. So I just bought a new door from him for a little price and had that fitted instead of getting the door resprayed (would have costed me more).

The original wheels that were on my GTV when I bought it were 15 inch Lusso wheels from a 156. Can't remember the tire size tho. They weren't very comfy because the inside of the rim could hit one of the brake lines. 15 inch was a little too small for the car I think  <_< .

The Street Performance Air Intake Chrome is a replacement for the original air filter like a BMC CDA for example. The BMC was a little out of my price range so I started searching for an alternative. I knew someone who worked with Alfa's and he recommended this one as a few of his friends had that intake and were satisfied. This is the one: (I only used the box and re-used the original pipes):

p4pb6469053.jpg

It's also fitted on the spot where the original air intake is located.

About the Novitec springs: I bought them thinking they were 40 mm and the guy that sold it to me confirmed it. I've got a picture with the 17 inch selespeeds, the original springs and shocks and it looked horrible:

To give you an idea how high she looked then:

p4pb7269259.jpg

You can see the after pics in my original posts or in my garage. The tires are 50 in height. I know they're a little too high, but they will be replaced before december. The alignment will follow after I fitted new tires. The powerflex rubbers were fitted only about a month ago ;)

I've already found a Novitec exhaust and a Grigio Chiaro 612/A rear bumper with space for the right part of the exhaust. Haven't bought them yet, but negotiating at the moment  :D . I'm hoping everything goes well  B)

Edited by Nasa

I really love the wheels. It suits the lines of the

GTV well. You have put quite some work into your

car. A job well done.

Thnx!

Haha, No axel stands indeed. But I've got 1 big garagejack (about 3000kg), one little jack and my wheel under there with some boards. So if 1 jack fails, there's another one, and if that one fails there's the wheel too. So worst case scenario: my wheel would be a little damaged. Haven't got any axel stands atm  :(

About the Novitec exhaust... I found out that they are without muffler, so it's only a pipe basically... Now, that isn't allowed in my country. Chances are they won't pass me at the annual vehicle inspection. So I'm thinking about maybe replacing the original muffler with a BiscioneRacing one (from Ragazzon): http://shop.alfisti.net/Tuning-Styling/Alfa-GTV-Spider/Sportuitlaten/BiscioneRacing-RVS-einddemper-2x80::3020.html

Any thoughts? Anyone here has mounted one of these and could tell me something about it? Rly would like a more sporty sound. Up untill now I have the Streetperformance Airbox and my cat is empty to enhance the sound.

Great work! You are in the right place here, we are all crazy about 916 as you are! Welcome! :)

Charlee, you're more than crazy about the 916  :D . I am really, really in love with your interior DAYUM!  :wub:

What brand are your spacers?

I'm looking for a set of 20mm spacers for the rear wheels so it would be nice to know what actually works  :thumbsup:

Also, what type are yours? The ones where you bolt the wheel to the hub "through" the spacer, or where you bolt the spacer to the hub and, in turn, the wheel to the spacer?

If someone's got a set of Selespeed 17" rims like the ones shown in this thread, I might want to buy them  :hello:

Selespeed wheels are perfect on the GTV!  :wub:

Filip, you should get standard hubcentric spacers.

Selespeed wheels are perfect on the GTV!  :wub:

Filip, you should get standard hubcentric spacers.

Standard, that's the bolt-through kind right? :P  Are you using any spacers, Charlee? 

I don't exactly know which brand my spacers are, I bought them from a forummember on the dutch 916register. They are aluminium and you just place them directly on the hub, put over the wheel, use the delivered longer wheelbolts and tighten them.

I think those are the one's: http://shop.alfisti.net/Tuning-Styling/Alfa-147/Spoorverbrederes/Aluminium-Spoorverbreders-2x-20-mm-incl-bouten::1047.html

To give you an idea, this is how they are mounted onto my hub:

p4pb8544666.jpg

Furthermore I have some news about the GTV. The plans for the exhaust are delayed as I had the opportunity to buy some usefull stuff for a very reasonable price. My right door is a little bit damaged and found one in exactly the same color for 20 euro's and in much better shape than mine is now! I also reserved new doorseals, rear bumper with space for a 2X2 exhaust, new mirror (broke mine during washing a couple of months back :P ), new caps for the speakers in the doors, ...

Afterwards I'll probably buy some new tires and the exhaust will be for after the winter when I have enough budget to buy 100% what I want.

Standard, that's the bolt-through kind right? :P  Are you using any spacers, Charlee? 

Bolt-througt, right. Like on Nasa's photo. I'm using 20mm in the rear and you will almost certainly have to roll your fenders if you're car's lowered and you have ET30 or 35 wheels. But with Selespeeds you should be ok. It won't rub.

Bolt-througt, right. Like on Nasa's photo. I'm using 20mm in the rear and you will almost certainly have to roll your fenders if you're car's lowered and you have ET30 or 35 wheels. But with Selespeeds you should be ok. It won't rub.

Aight. What brand are your spacers?

Looking at Sparco spacers at the moment and got confused since there are two versions depending on model year. I created a separate thread about that, tho

Aight. What brand are your spacers?

Looking at Sparco spacers at the moment and got confused since there are two versions depending on model year. I created a separate thread about that, tho

Had a photoshoot saturday together with Silver18! Here are a couple of pictures (I've got 68 pics, so won't post them all). It was an amazing day and what a magnificent location to take carpictures. Insane! 

1236964_594957713876404_105750197_n.jpg

Photoshoot_Doel_Be_07_09_2013_nasa___004

Photoshoot_Doel_Be_07_09_2013_nasa___001

1.jpg

Photoshoot_Doel_Be_07_09_2013_nasa.jpg

12.jpg

1185594_595000720538770_802656199_n1.jpg

Amazing pictures. Great silver couple. Well done.

Sent from my iPhone

Gullian, It was a very nice Photoshootday. I love this location, and overall the last fase of the day was more special.

Thnx for the positive reactions and the picture on the facebookpage guys, means a lot!

Thinking about a new update. I'll soon be needing new tires for my front wheels. Personally I was considering Pirelli Pzero Rosso Asymmetrico's. Can anyone comment on those? I've never driven Pirelli PZero's. 

The profile looks like this: 

small.png

Edited by Nasa