Welcome to Squadra916

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
NeroGTV

916 v Ferrari 360 v Lamborghini Gallardo

I had the pleasure of driving the Ferrari 360 and Lamborghini Gallardo yesterday....heres the video.

http://youtu.be/2t5Vn4Eiezw

I must say driving the two cars was an absolute buzz! I got a voucher for my birthday to drive each car for 30 mins.

Both had amazing torque, sounded fantastic and were finished beautifully. The Lambo being 4wd stuck to the road 'like she was on rails' and the instructor had me accelerating hard into corners - I was crapping myself at first, but slowly got used to it. The Lambo seemed....well, a little psycho, a bit too extreme maybe. The driving position was very low, a much harder suspension and taking off sounded like the gearbox was out of A1 Abrhams Tank - coming out of neutral with a clunk, clunk and then vroooom! The brakes were mental as well, one touch it felt as though I would go through the windscreen. Anyhow - pressing down of the throttle soon made up for all of that!!

The Ferrari, well, it sounded better and looked better IMO. It was far more comfortable and something you could rive everyday without feeling like you had to visit the chiropractor. The Ferrari was the better one for me.

Both had flappy paddles - I know they are faster, but call me old fashioned - I prefer the old way.

Great birthday gift  :thumbsup: . Is the driving made on track?

Great birthday gift  :thumbsup: . Is the driving made on track?

No, just on the public road so I had to be quite restrained - but there is no law telling you how fast you can accelerate to the speed limit :)

Awesome video and experience! I've driven a Ferrari 360 Modena with a voucher too. That one had a stickshift and I really enjoyed the 30 minute drive on the open road. Next week I'm going to try out the F430 with paddle shift gear box on a circuit. Really looking forward to this! I'm curious if there will be a big difference between the 360 and F430. I'll post the video's on here too once they're finished ;)

I'm sure the difference will be big! Bigger engine, more powerful,newer model, really big step forward. And after that you will be ready for 458 Italia ;):D  , another big step forward. Ferrari progress in the last decades is very serious, every new model is very good and much better technical than the old.

Great great video!!Must has been quite an experience...! ;) It is always nice to see an Alfa near to its "relatives"... :thumbsup:  

Nice vid, beautiful sound of both cars. And the GTV looks very nice in their company ;-)

A little bit offtopic, but it seemed retarted to open a new topic for this  :P . Had my F430 trackexperience yesterday, damn what a car! 490 HP and F1 gear box. I realy had a blast! This was my first time on a track, so the first couple of rounds were a bit apprehensive  :D . Especially considering the fact that I was surrounded by other F430's, a 458, 2 Gallardo's, an Aston, R8, Porsche GT3,... Wouldn't want to hit one of those  :lol:

The feeling was surreal, afterwards it felt like I've had been driving for only a few seconds!

DSCN6390.jpg

What a cool experience. Love the F430.