Welcome to Squadra916

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
charlee

Regional sections

Opinion on Regional Sections   47 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to have regional sections on the forum?

• Yes
    • No

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
34 posts in this topic

I have voted no.

leave it as if it is. If you create an event to put an address in so that you can find it on google maps. If people want to come from another country. then they can enter that data in a gps and drive to te location. 

If you split the forum people will stop reading other forums because they don't understand the language. and thay will probeble miss solutions of problems they have with ther cars 

Been thinking about this again and although I am a new member, I feel I should say that splitting the forum up at this moment at time would probably kill it off.

I can see already many benefits to this forum over the UK Alfa forum in terms of technical things I have learnt here that are unique to this site.

Maybe we should try to drag more members from each countries generic Alfa forums to this dedicated gtv forum? In time I'm sure this will become the main resource for gtv info. I am hoping to make a suspension overhaul tutorial as I do the work on my v6, for example, which I would like to put on here.

Keep the setup as it is for now and watch it grow....

Ok guys, so the verdict is to keep the forum in it's current for now? If anyone has a suggestion for the Events section structure (e.g. which regions/countries should have their own sub forums), please post it here.

Squadra is unique and let's keep it that way. The international theme is the main attraction. There is so much technical stuff to read.

My only suggestion would be, close some of the forum for non members. Now visitors gather information, or solutions to their problems, and not register. Simply because there is no need to register.

Keep the forum alive with topics like photo competitions and Alfa news. Maybe attract some more visitors with road tests and video's.

I agree with closing parts of the forum for guests. Technical lounges seem the most logical parts to hide

And maybe greeting new members ;-) It is much more attractive to actively post on a forum, when you have had a warm welcome.

I have the feeling that some new members leave the site, because there is not so much response to their introduction. The world is bigger then heavily modified or big engined 916's. It should be a platform for any 916. One that costed 1000 euro or one worth 30000 in mods.

These are my two cents and not intended to offend anyone.

I am happy with the forum as it stands. I think that it will grow with time. I like the fact that it is international...keep up the good work!

Already many forums for Alfa existing to Athens, more than four.

I believe is better for you to remain and upgrade your forum as a good world wide forum for 916 and ALFA.

I wish all the best to your forum.