Welcome to Squadra916

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Dazzy GTV

Newbie saying hi from the UK

Hi,

Just to say hello, looks like as great site you have here. I used to be with gtvv6.com many years ago when I had my GTV V6 TB. I regreat selling it to this day and need to get another very soon, guess it will be a 3.0 V6 this time as the TB is very rare in the UK.

Darren.

Hi Dazzy! It's always a great pleasure to have former gtvv6.com users here! :)

Welcome! :)

Finally got one again! should be getting my 'new toy' GTV delivered in the next few days :D

Congratulations. Have lots of un with your new GTV

Well here she is! My new 'project' in better condition than I expected for the price paid. Now looking forward to get her how I want it, going to take a while but that's the whole reason for getting it.

post-505-0-27515500-1375681024_thumb.jpg

Looks shiny! I don't like these wheels, but you mention word "project", so probably will be changed :D. The car looks high to me from the picture, maybe because of wheels-tyres combo. Also wheels are too inward to me. But my preference is low and width  :D.

Things I need to do:

cambelt service,

all brake discs & possibly pads,

suspension needs looking at,

interior trim needs tidying,

engine bay needs tidying, 

then:

new wheels (18" not sure which style yet)

strutbrace,

induction kit,

Quad exhaust,

I was taking a punt on this (bought it unseen) and I only paid £1300 for the car with 12 months MOT,

It is my 'project car for years to come so there isn't a hurry for all these things to be done.

PS. Got my cloverleaf stickers on already! ;-)

It will be interesting to me to make some comparison with you ex TB  :) . I haven't driven other GTV or Spider except mine (GTV TB) and it is interesting to me to see how people compare different models  :) .

It will be interesting to me to make some comparison with you ex TB  :) . I haven't driven other GTV or Spider except mine (GTV TB) and it is interesting to me to see how people compare different models  :) .

What I noticed straight away was the throttle response on the 3.0, so much more instant than the TB. That's all I can give you at the moment as not driven it much yet plus my old TB was 'upgraded' with sqaudra chips, exhaust, brakes, strutbrace etc.... once the 3.0 has had the same sort of treatment i'll have much more of an idea for you.

:) much bigger engine capacity and with higher compression ratio. Also another thing that interfere with slow throttle response in TB is his flap/vane AFM. 

Gave my bello rosso a good clean this morning. Then really gave it the full beans on the road, WOW!!!

I know its been 9 years since owning my old V6TB but the 3.0 seams so much quicker & brutal.

post-505-0-91077600-1376311667_thumb.jpg

post-505-0-76115200-1376311688_thumb.jpg

Looking great! The teardrops are not that bad at all. You lowered it a bit since you uploaded the previous pic in this thread, or?

Looks great. I actually like the wheels that it is on now. Keep us updated if you will.

Sent from my iPad