Welcome to Squadra916

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Paso

GTV 3.0 V6 24V Paso

183 posts in this topic

I was tormented by Darko and Denis' comments in Autoservis Bivio that they don't like how soft the rubber is on the new Optimal track control arms (the spare part I put on because my originals were stuck and couldn't be adjusted). And then I researched the net and asked for the opinion of every mechanic I know.

Everyone told me the same thing - that a certain elasticity must exist, but that it is not good when it is too soft. Equally, everyone agreed that I would find it hard to see any difference in driving on the road, that such finesse can only be felt on the track. And here I agree, but as my OCD bothered me, and the Domenigni service managed to repair my old track control arms, I decided to do it all over again, return the harder OEM and then re-fix it all.

Well, now my heart is in peace! :)

E9Kub7UXIAsqohl.jpg 

I’m joking that I go to trap optics more often than women go to the hairdresser! Fortunately, this is far cheaper! :)

E9KudZJWYAM9sJr.jpg

I did the replacement of softer (color red, Optimal) for harder (yellow, original OEM) track arms.

E9KufIbWYAYbupQ.jpg 

The difference in the fix is obvious!

E9Kugf-WEAMk-3g.jpg

Obviously replacement parts are never as good as OEM.

There is no Powerflex part for tracking arms, I bought the whole set long time ago and powerflexed all I could. There is a uniball option but no need now, I am happy with the setup.

https://www.strongflex.eu/en/spider-95-06/1778-011961a-rear-toe-adjuster-bush-sport-5902553527445.html

This bush is only available in 90ShA hardness (yellow) because the original rubber bush is made of a hard rubber compound.
The use of the 80ShA hardness bush (red) will reduce the driving of the car to the original rubber bush.

Hardness: 90ShA

Material: POLYURETHANE (PUR/PU)

An interesting exhibition on car design has opened in Rijeka. I was especially thrilled to find pre-production design castings in resin for our 916 among the exhibits! Of course, the GTV and Spider 916 series were designed by Enrico Fumia and won numerous awards, including "The World's Most Beautiful Automobile" in 1995.

GrandeBellezza01.jpg

GrandeBellezza09.jpgGrandeBellezza03.jpgGrandeBellezza06.jpgGrandeBellezza07.jpgGrandeBellezza04.jpgGrandeBellezza10.jpgGrandeBellezza11.jpgGrandeBellezza12.jpgGrandeBellezza13.jpgGrandeBellezza08.jpgGrandeBellezza02.jpg

GTV Paso-Grobnik-2022.jpg

We had a nice Alfisti meeting at Grobnik racetrack last weekend, here is my typical low-angle photo! :)