Welcome to Squadra916

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Paso

GTV 3.0 V6 24V Paso

183 posts in this topic

I have just found out that OZ Racing has revived the legendary Rally Racing wheel, but in 17, 18 and 19" size! :)

01_rally-racing-race-white-jpg-100x750-1

So I've made a simulation in 19" on mine... ok, ok, maybe it's too wild for mine, but it could be just a perfect fit for Dani's Competizione... :)

GTV-OZ-Rally-Racing.jpg

I still have this embarrassing problem drool.gif.e09aa67bcb324cca7012ce53c1bfe6c5.gif .... every time I see a picture of your car.

Thanks guys, and I have a new upgrade in the works... it's a surprise, I'll let you know as soon as installed! :)

Congratulations Paso your 916 is absolutely fantastic.  :wub:

In Italy wheels larger than 17 inches can not be mounted on gtv. :(:( 

whats the weight of the new OZ wheels? They would look great. :) difficult to decide which size, 19" would look fantasic, but 18 are lighter.. hmmm :) 

In Italy wheels larger than 17 inches can not be mounted on gtv.  

Why?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

20 hours ago, 916C-V6TB said:

In Italy wheels larger than 17 inches can not be mounted on gtv. :(:( 

There must be a way to do a homolagation process, for a price, of course. It's possible in Germany, Swiss and even in Croatia. I have to be on 19" because of 14"/13" brakes. There is at least one GTV in Swiss on 20"!

On 2/5/2017 at 11:30, cgc said:

Why?

The wheel size must be reported in the car registration document. If the size is not on the vehicle registration document  but it is provided for  in the vehicle approval, an update of  the vehicle registration document,  based on its own COC (Certificate of Conformity) will be necessary.

But Alfa  Romeo does not release the authorisation required to homologate larger wheels than 17" on Gtv.
In Italy all the changes that aren't included in the car registration document are illegal.

On 2/5/2017 at 22:34, Paso said:

There must be a way to do a homolagation process, for a price, of course. It's possible in Germany, Swiss and even in Croatia. I have to be on 19" because of 14"/13" brakes. There is at least one GTV in Swiss on 20"!

You don't know how much I would like bigger wheels on my 916. :(Unfortunately in Italy it is not possible. One way is to have wheels with "italian NAD" approval, It will be possible to fit alloys with dimensions approved by the manufacturer of the part  which  will clearly show (once the tyre is fitted) the Italian approval number NAD. Furthermore, the car equipped with the new wheels must be part of the “Fiment List ” (the document that contains all the  necessary information to  perform correctly the fitting) for which the  wheel itself  has been approved.

But at the moment no one produces "NAD" wheels 18" or bigger for the Gtv.

So the only alternative is to homologate the car from Tuv in Germany, and bring all the changes (brakes, exhaust, wheels, all tunings parts) into the car registration document in Italy.  But the costs are very high (>3000€), and the process is long and tedious.   Do you refer to this alternative?   If yes, I didn't know it was possible even in Croatia, can you give me some information? :)

Thanks and sorry for the OT :)

I know that there is TUV certificate in Germany for 18" (here is the page), but there must be also for 19" as there are more than few 916s in Germany with 19". In Croatia there is the "Croatian Vehicle Center" authority that can homologate modifications (usually 30 - 300 euros) if the part has TUV or other manufacturer's certificate.

Screen Shot 2017-05-05 at 22.31.25.png

In Germany 19" is possible too, but only with single homologation. For my Spider 3.0 I have homologation for 215/35/19 at the front and 225/35/19 at the rear. If someone Needs copy of vehicle documents please let me know.

Best regards

Michael

On 5/5/2017 at 22:36, Paso said:

I know that there is TUV certificate in Germany for 18" (here is the page), but there must be also for 19" as there are more than few 916s in Germany with 19". In Croatia there is the "Croatian Vehicle Center" authority that can homologate modifications (usually 30 - 300 euros) if the part has TUV or other manufacturer's certificate.

Many thanks  Paso.

I have a new detail! :)

Aluminum fuel cap from alfisti.net. However, the story is not simple at all: Alfa Romeo changed the system completely from 2001 so good deal of 916 models is on the old system and this cap is only for newer Alfas. I thought that it would be enough to disassemble the original fuel cap and remove the plastic top but the diameter is different for a few mm and you can't just mount aluminum one on the old system. So, I had to do extensive modifications: keep the original plastic cap but cut it flat on top, then cut 3 holes to fit 3 tooths on the aluminum one and then scrub off two large circular tooths inside aluminum one so that old plastic cap could fit snugly into the aluminum one. On the end I used two-component super-glue to fix it. All in all it's a 4-5 hours job but it's worth it! :)

Alfa Romeo GTV aluminum fuel cap.jpg

Wow good work !

That looks good.

Da budem iskren da nisam vidio tvoju gtv nikad nebi kupio svoju. Hvala na tom!

I'd say I have some very cool friends - I've got this MTech short shifter as a gift! :) It's compatible with both 5 and 6-gear 916s and I hope I'll have time to install it next week. Is there anyone here that already uses one? Any hints about the installation?

DBkLSV3XcAE4prN.jpg

:hello:Purple against your red car :jawdrop:... I wish I had such friends :hiya: .. just plopp/fit the short shifter in place (it is not hard to do) . and afterwards good luck with not been able to get into any gears :) (PM me if you want to get rid of the purple thing:cheeky:)  .... I am just jealous :):thumbsup:.