Welcome to Squadra916

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Big dog

Hello From Sydney

Hi all.

I have just joined your forum. Even though I am new member, I have been searching the site and following your posts for more than a year. I thought that it was about time that i join.

I first owned an Alfa 33. I loved it as it had good handling and was nippy. Then I bought an Alfa GTV Twin Spark. This had amazing handling as if it was on train tracks however it lacked power. It was fun to rev and drive but I decided to buy an Alfa GTV 3.0L. The handling of the 3.0L is not as good as the Twin Spark but is much more powerful. With this car I removed the engine and replaced it with a GTA 3.2 L engine. Now it is fast. I have learnt a lot from posts on your forums over the past year. I hope to make friends and learn more.

Big Dog

Welcome Big Dog from a fellow Aussie 916 enthusiast. Do you have a preferred Alfa service centre in Sydney? Cheers.

N-AM 007,

You'll enjoy both the 3L and 3.2l over the TS. Both are a big step up from the TS. The 3L is good however it is lacking a little when compared to today's modern cars if you want to compete with them at the traffic lights. If you intend on keeping her for a long time go for the 3.2. It really depends on what is available now on the market. If there were no 3.2s available i would not be unhappy if I had a 3L.