Welcome to Squadra916

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Thanos

GTV V6 TB aka Shewolf

113 posts in this topic

Is the aeromotive a good and safe brand for fuel pomps? I was searching for different fuel pomps... Does it come from ebay too?  :)

Nope.. the pump is not from ebay :)

Very popular in JDM cars. Some say that it is way better than Walbro.. the truth is that it is a new fuel pump with new technology compared to Walbro.

http://www.sneakyracing.com/index.php?/topic/9777-fuel-pump-comparison-bosch-044-vs-aeromotive-340-vs-walbro-etc/page-2

Actually such a pump is not needed at the moment but I have some plans for the future.

I have plans too  :ph34r:  and what about your R34 turbo? Do you have the same outlet? Does it comes to the downpipe without mods? 

A friend of mine talked to me about those turbos...

I dont have much hands-on experience with tuning but I thought all Aeromotive fuel pumps were loud like.. airplanes *duuh*. :happy0045: 

Seem very popular in E85-powered monsters with AN10 feed lines and gigantic injectors... Do they have more "normal" tuning pumps as well?  :)

I have plans too  :ph34r:  and what about your R34 turbo? Do you have the same outlet? Does it comes to the downpipe without mods? 

This turbo has a T25 turbine style inlet. 

There is also a high possibility that it will fit without any modifications on the exhaust manifold.

Of course the OE downpipe does not fit.. A custom downpipe has to be made. Maybe about 70mm..

I dont have much hands-on experience with tuning but I thought all Aeromotive fuel pumps were loud like.. airplanes *duuh*. :happy0045:

Seem very popular in E85-powered monsters with AN10 feed lines and gigantic injectors... Do they have more "normal" tuning pumps as well?  :)

Yeap.. this is the "normal" in-tank  fuel pump that they offer.

Share it!

We do not like incognitos in this forum :D

Waiting for the installation and preparation  :) . Your project probably will start before mine.

The turbo have T25 style turbine inlet, so have to bolt on to the exhaust manifold bracket, if there is enough space to be mounted without modifications. I see that you have adapters for compressor housing inlet and outlet. Turbine outlet is more compact and different than standard 5 bolt. From what I have found this turbo (two of them) is used on Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec N1 (homologation special by Nismo).

The pump is very powerful, Thanos will tell how is like sound after installation.

I know some guys that used the same fuel pump on TS turbo projects..

According to them it makes no noticeable noise. I let you know anyway..

I have forgotten to post about the injectors.

Bosch 0280155759

post-19-0-93548500-1389214453_thumb.jpg

The Bosch 0280155759 are a newer EV6 type injector. OEM are EV1 type.
Bosch itself has been replacing end of production ( and out of stock) EV1 injectors with their EV6 equivalents.
The top O-ring to lower O-ring spacing is the same as EV1, the only difference is the tip , the actual discharge orifice is sitting lower with EV1 injector as the EV6 injectors have the orifice at the same level with lower O-ring.
This in fact is said sometimes benefits the fuel/air mixture in the intake tube as the tip does not protrude and do not disturb airflow smoothly mixing with fuel.
There are a few more benefits using EV6 , one of the is leak free design , faster response times , and so on.

Great info! What about the cc of those injectors?

What I keep is this: E85 compatibilityBut, while we're at it, we might as well increase the valving by 33%. This proofs the injection system for the use of up to E85, which requires exactly 33% more fuel than regular gas.

It could be nice if those injectors have the same fuel rate. The g60 golf injectors also have a 4-holes outlet. But a 260cc @3bar (or 3.5...)

Envoyé de mon GT-I9300 en utilisant Tapatalk

17" GTA wheels? Offset problems when fitting? :)  

nope... they are not GTA.

They are 18" made from a german company called rondell.

but they look like 17".. :mellow: 

I had no problems at all with fitting. ET is 30, PCD 5x98.

Some thin spacers on the rear wheels are not a bad idea though..

Good result on the weighing machine :D. Almost 20 kg of weight reduction compared to stock figures, but I don't know if they are with all the fluids and fuel :hmm: .

You have to mention more details about this measurement - fuel in the tank, you don't have spare wheel as far as I know.

40lt of fuel,

no middle silencer but with novitec double rear silencer, 

no spare wheel,

wiechers strut bar,

330 brakes,

heavy 18inch wheels..

Also, the coilovers are lighter than the OEM springs and shock absorbers.

...the real story is not about the total weight but about the corner balance which is perfect.

40lt of fuel,

no middle silencer but with novitec double rear silencer, 

no spare wheel,

wiechers strut bar,

330 brakes,

heavy 18inch wheels..

Also, the coilovers are lighter than the OEM springs and shock absorbers.

...the real story is not about the total weight but about the corner balance which is perfect.

1411 is not too bad then  :beer:

What coilovers are you using?