Welcome to Squadra916

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Persimmon

My favourite cars of other Marques

37 posts in this topic
.. the 4c, today, does not exist. it was not present at the Geneva Show. in any case, this car, is not comparable to the 911. typically or not. the elise is the canditate to compete with 4c. untill porsche release it's own small /lightweight /2-seater/ coupe/ downsized..(they say about 2years from now). for me, alfa romeo has stopped being an alfa romeo after the 156 era. i consider the 156, the last true alfa romeo. the brera/mito etc, are nice cars, but i would never spend money to have them. the great competitor for every new alfa romeo, is the car to replace.. the brera had the gtv, the 159 had the 156....bad luck.

Yes, there is still no 4C that's why I said "how it goes". If the production version is really RWD, superlightweight and with 240 HP engine it WILL have 911 performance (not Turbo or GT3, of course, but like regular Carrera). The only question that remains is if the suspension will be as good as 911's.

Oy consider 156 to be the last "true" Alfa, others think that it was 75... someone else might say it was the old GTV. I would say it's 159 although I don't have a clue what will come in the future. I don't like the new Giulietta, but 159 is something I do like and respect. I had a few 156s before and 159 is a much better car driving-wise. The only problem are the engines - IMO, very bad range - it never had what 156 had - big range of engines for different tastes (and pocket sizes).

Anyway, I am worried for the fate of Alfa because it seems to me that Fiat just doesn't know what to do with it... :angry:

Lancia Delta as above in Stu's post.

Maserati Shamal. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maserati_Shamal. It is a monster of a car.

You cannot ignore the lancia Fulvia. ( I don't know how to add photos yet)

The first Ever Audi Quattro. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Audi_Quattro. It looked good, was fast and rewrote history.

A car I have dreamed of owning for years..........

I own a '94 Delta Integrale. It is an amazing car to drive, even today. I have driven many of today's hot hatches, but nothing compares to the pure driving experience the Delta offers.

Sadly Lancia has died, with the rebadged Chryslers they offer now. 

The only cars on my shortlist is a Maserati GranTurismo and the brand new Maserati Ghibli. Beautyfull from every angle.

Don't get me started! :D

Maserati AG6C and 4200 Spyder

Porsche 911 Turbo (930) and 993

Lamborghini Diablo and Miura

The legendary McLaren F1, obviously.

Mazda MX-5, too

And I have to admit that I like the BMW M3 E36 Coupé a lot... :ph34r:

I forgot the Lotus Exige 220S (preferably a 260...) and the Lotus Evora S :)

As a classic, I would not mind this one.

szzjhv.jpg

Last weekend I drove the new Mercedes A class, with the AMG engine. A 4 cylinder that pack quite a punch. The handling is superb

and the build quality is from another level. Big fun to drive, but also somewhat disappointing. In my opinion an AMG should sound like

a WW2 bomber. The seats are superb and the suspension set up is excellent. Still, the car that I drove, with all the options had a price

of 80000 euro's. I think this is insane for an A Class. In this league of cars, I would buy a BMW 1M every day of the week. A black one please, on the smaller size wheels. Not to stand out to much. I am processing the pictures of the A Class now, I will share them as soon as possible.

For that price you can soon buy a 4C and some additional options :P And if I had to choose between a 4C and an A Class AMG, I wouldn't have to think hard about it  :happy0045:

Besides that, judging by looks (can't say anything about the rest cause I haven't driven one yet), the A Class improved tremendously compared to their predecessor.

The A class looks like a car now. But all hatches look the same these days... The A class rear looks like a DS3/Polo/etc