Welcome to Squadra916

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Joris

Spider Sportivo

532 posts in this topic

Thanks mate!

Sound is changed a little with new front pipes, more pitchy.

Yesterday i took the horror sideroad to my wedding location and did not touched the ground!

So Spider will be at my wedding also even its not my wedding car!

Also cleaned the car big time, the 2 hour drive to Eps was in the rain wich i normally avoid... So she was all sandy and dirty...

The wheels were all black, shitty job to clean them...

post-194-0-50730300-1401516652_thumb.jpg

post-194-0-30403800-1401517872_thumb.jpg

Joris you're thinking of selling your beautiful spider ...?! :happy0045:

Please pm me the details !!! Because I want to sell my 156 to buy a spider ...

And your spider is the most amazing 916 spider I've ever seen on the net !!!

You know it would be loved at my home ... :ph34r::wub: :wub:

Edited by ToxyMaTT

Sell it?! Wow!!! To Toxy?...yes...it will be loved one for sure!!!

Sienas...are brand news!!! Impressive...really!!!

Sell any set?...

Your EL seem to come from same welder as mine...in Slovakia!!! :P  mine are exactly the same ones :thumbsup:

Joris? Where did you get your final exhaust please?

And...for your steering Wheel...do you know where i can give a 166 steering wheel to have same of your?

Thank you.

El pipes are from same welder i think, contact from Mathieu, my mid and end section are custom made by Pm performance.

Steering wheel is from 166 limmitata, i don't see them allot but check out ebay.

Pirodesign rebuild it, check also carsdream.com.

The like new Siena's will be for sale if the Spider is sold to Mathieu...

Ok thanks a lot!

I've got a 166 steering wheel at home so i will do like you :)

The price for modification...you remember?...

A friend want to buy sienas!!! What is your price? I'll tell him ^_^

Yes contact from Mathieu for EL one ;)

Good welder!!!

PM performance?...they sell it on the net or they custom exhaust directly on car?...

Thank you Joris :)

300...350?...not excessive :thumbsup:  Thanks!!!

Siena?...i will see!!! ;)

So guys, its time for an update about the status of the Spider...

Its no longer in my garage, i really wanted something completely different, but offcourse topless.

If found a manuel transmission 6 speed Corvette C5, the minute i have seen it in the showroom i found my new love.

The Corvette is extreme in everyting, its low, its very very wide and its very brutal...

The 5.7 liter V8 is a killer engine, so much torque very impressive in combination with the 6-speed manuel transmission.

The car is all standard, but as you now me that will change, and it will get lots of love from me in the future.

It was hard to let the Spider go at the garage, but must say i don't really mis her yet.

I will keep hanging arround here and follow other projects, perhaps in the future i will buy a nice Gtv 24v.

Thanks for all the great response on the car, it gives the hobby some extra drive.

Its for sale at the garage ardbutter in the Netherlands for only 9950,-

http://www.ardbutter.nl/index.php?occasions=1

We stay in touch!

Ciao.

post-194-0-63697500-1406726725_thumb.jpg

post-194-0-80344700-1406726761_thumb.jpg

post-194-0-68795400-1406726781_thumb.jpg

post-194-0-00639300-1406726809_thumb.jpg

post-194-0-80646100-1406726885_thumb.jpg

A targa, that's not a real convertible!!!

Seriously, congratulations! I've always loved vettes too. 

Haha Targa is not convertible you right, but the feeling is the same when you drive convertible with winddeflecter, so its perfect when cruising, when above 140 you get drone noise with windows up, so they stay down  :P

I'm not that big American fan, i only love the C5 because its so nice and clean! Also like a an older C3 model with chrome bumpers but it drives like shit...   :lol:

It's not German, so it's fine with me! ;) Just joking, the car looks quite a piece! Congrats! :)

I'm not a fan of american cars, but the Corvette look nice and it is not a ordinary car. It is probably a big fun on the highway and straight country roads :) Does it have a head-up display? And if yes, what you think about this feature?

Good luck with the sale of the Spider.

Spider is traded in so no sale for me.

The head up display is the only option it misses, but all the wiring is already under the dash so should be easy fix to install the head up in the future, connect it and go.  :D

In cornering its also very good! the car has perfect weight balance 50/50, engine is placed far behind under dash, transmission is above rear wheel same with differential. you would be amazed how the car handles for an American, way different than the C4 ore older models, The C5 haves great race history because of its good performing.

Yesterday we had Alfa meeting at Zoetermeer, i went with the Vette together with the Turbo Spider from Chris, Ed and Robert as passenger.

Nice run on the highway together until we where destroyed by 1980 Scirocco with a 20/25k Vr6 turbocharged engine under the hood…  :o

We had good laugh eventually.

Some update, for the one interested...

Charlee asked me if i missed the Spider, well sometimes i do… i've got so much nice memory's and all the work i have done to it i will never forget her. Also i am still active reading here and on the Dutch fora and will always love the lines of the 916.

I will see the Spider back this summer when i meet the new happy owner of the Spider.

I do not regret trading the Spider for the Vette, its my new project i really enjoy driving it and the modifications are going full speed :)

For now i have installed some 19'' and 20'' Hre 3-piece wheels, koni shocks and borla exhaust.

At the time the complete interior is out... the dash, seats, door panels and some other small panels are getting resprayd in cognac tan color to get some contrast with the blue metallic paint.

Also Fabian is working on a custom bracket for a Raid 340 steering wheel. Center console needs modification for a dubbel din Pioneer and some other nice upgrades are on the way.

High on my wish list are ridiculous big brakes, sorting things out for now...

Went to some guy for Vette parts and he had a C5 with a Rotex supercharger, 580 horsepower on the real wheels! Going to drive the car this summer so i can keep on dreaming for some days, months, years… :happy0045:

Some photo's i shot recently.

post-194-0-76752800-1424333492_thumb.jpg

post-194-0-81759600-1424333501_thumb.jpg

HRE!! :respect: :respect:

They look awesome Joris! Congrats, you'll surely end up with a Vette almost as nice as your Spider. Please keep us posted.

So back to Alfa again!

for daily drive i bought a Gt Q2 jtd in Nero Carbonio.

The Q2 has some nice options like black with red stitched seats, perforated leather steering wheel with red stitches, all the chrome is Alluminium, sporty Allu pedals, tacho is black with red and offcourse the Q2 sperr differential.

The car is chipped bij Squadra, other downpipe and Egr switched off. For a diesel its really fun to drive. Seats and driving positition off the Gt are incredible good!

Today i switched the 18" Q2 wheels with almost new Gt Toora's looking sweet and classy, still goth some 18" Siena's i need to refurbush and polish in the future.

Car will be slightly lowered and i will swap the headlights for the blackline xenon units to make the front more modern.

The Vette is in his deep wintersleep sadly, last year i transformed interior from black / black to Maserati cognaq with alcantara, dubbel din radio conversion sill needs to be done. Updated the brakes with the massive Z06 C6 callipers and perforated discs, stainless X-pipe, tinted the windows slightly and some other modifications.

nice to see the forum here is still growing and there so many 916 enthiousiasts!

i have never seen my old spider back, sometimes i truly miss the car when i see the nice cars here on the forum ore look at some old photo's... 

Maybe one day....

BF5D510F-7B02-47D3-964F-FDB8ABC4A2D9_zps

BC9F4264-9FEF-4805-82AA-39F7939FE181_zps

4548EAB6-4FD8-4DD3-9FA6-AC052F259521_zps

5359B5F4-A42B-4F28-8774-62564A63EAA4_zps

IMG_9747_zpscbh3v9or.jpg

I love the GT! :) Very nice combo and superb daily driver. I also recently bought GT 1.9 JTD as a daily driver and the car is great as a compromise between style, sportiness and daily usability.