Welcome to Squadra916

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Joris

Spider Sportivo

532 posts in this topic

Joris,

What is the ET value of the wheels? Did you use spacers? And what is the size of the tyres?

Thanks and regards,

Jurgen

I can't find words to express what i felt when i saw these pics! They fit way better than the 19" Boticelli's (and it's not like they don't look awesome on the car), in fact I hope you never change them!

The whole car is simply amazing, congrats!

Wow thanks for the big compliments guys!

On the Dutch forum they are not that enthousiast about the "black on black" combo.

Whil check meassurements tommorow!

Tires are 225 40 18 wich is common size for 18"

Didn't need spacers at the front but used 12mm at the rear.

Wow thanks for the big compliments guys!

On the Dutch forum they are not that enthousiast about the "black on black" combo.

Whil check meassurements tommorow!

Tires are 225 40 18 wich is common size for 18"

Didn't need spacers at the front but used 12mm at the rear.

Black on black would not suit your spider. It is black and grey. That looks amazing.

I don't understand, when I fit spacers at the back, the tires rub like mad.

Sent from my iPad

Edited by EvoMan

Depends on the tires size and the wheels ET. I can confirm that on 8x18 ET35 there is still room for 10-15mm in the back ;)

In general I don't like black and very dark wheels, but for some reason this looks great! Very dangerous and sporty! Thumbs up! :)

The wheels are not too dark, they are just perfect. I am probably the only one who doesn't like those wheels on a 916, but this dark colour fits your car perfectly  :thumbsup:

:dance1:  :banana:

The wheels are not too dark, they are just perfect. I am probably the only one who doesn't like those wheels on a 916, but this dark colour fits your car perfectly  :thumbsup:

You are not alone there Charlee, I think the 159 Ti wheels and the five spokes from the GT Blackline look much better.

You are not alone there Charlee, I think the 159 Ti wheels and the five spokes from the GT Blackline look much better.

Funny. This weekend I will fit dark TI wheels on my 939 spider and drop it on its belly.

Sent from my iPad

Yepp, I changed mine too. :D

You should have your own Spider there ;-)

Have you found anything decent yet?

Sent from my iPad

I think the same, love those wheels and the color ... but I don't know why, and even if it looks very good, I don't like these wheels on the 916 as much as the Siena ...  :ph34r:

Siena's are more suiting the 916 true, but i've seen them over and over and this is something refreshing.

What i'm thinking now : 19'' 10 spoke TI wheels in this Gun metal! :happy0045:

Going to be nice project to fit... the 19'' are ET41 need 15mm to adapt the 5x110 to 5x98.

To be continued.

Siena's are more suiting the 916 true, but i've seen them over and over and this is something refreshing.

What i'm thinking now : 19'' 10 spoke TI wheels in this Gun metal! :happy0045:

Going to be nice project to fit... the 19'' are ET41 need 15mm to adapt the 5x110 to 5x98.

To be continued.

I've seen a dark blue Spider with those TI wheels but in 18 and it looked amazing, thats why I mentioned it before. In that case the color was normal silver grey, not sure about the gun metal with a dark car. I think they make replicas of those wheels in 5x98, if I find them I'll post them here.

I thought about it later, the only reason for going through all that trouble could only be because you wanted the originals. You can probably find way cheaper replicas than those too. I cant wait to see your car with those wheels...

Thanks Colo,

I've seen this replica's here also.

I will consider but realy like the real deal!

You can pick up real deal TI wheels for not to much money. In Gunmetal, they will look mean on your Spider.

Sent from my iPad

Okay got little update for the wheels.

Thought about allot, ti's are not going to work to many replica's sadly.

I really like the look of the 18'' Gt wheels in this dark/black grey, in the shade they look black and with the cup kit and everything it looks so very racy and because its so different i want to try this look a little further.

So i ''exidently'' came across a set of 19'' Oz Ultraleggera's.

The wheels where good shape straight and almost free from damage, but used good, the original Hyper silver coating is starting to fade.

Yesterday i removed the tires and cleaned the wheels with aggressive cleaner.

I brought the wheels to the powder coater and i spoked about getting a high glossy black coating.

I know the black on black theme is no longer hot ore new ore hip but i don't care about that.  :P

Today the painter makes me 2 samples : one glossy black and one chrome silver with metallic flake clear coat.

They going to be painted thursday and can pick them up saturday, you guys will see what its going to be  :banana:

post-194-0-98199300-1383032487_thumb.jpg

post-194-0-16710500-1383032500_thumb.jpg

post-194-0-47244800-1383032502_thumb.jpg

post-194-0-50166400-1383034603_thumb.jpg

:o  :(  ooo Joris no, please don't do it :bangin:   :D . They was great looking wheels  :bye: .

Sorry, just a joke with you ;) . That is my opinion, but the wheels and car is your. So its all to your taste  :) .

P.S. If sometimes accidentally come across on some Ultraleggera-s in 5x100 in 17" please tell me   :D .

Edited by kunev

I am curious how they look on the Spider. They look amazing on a 997 Turbo.

My guess is you go for the dark grey finish.

Joris, do you still have the door rubbers? I could use some fresh ones ;-)

Sent from my iPad