Welcome to Squadra916

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

butt head

Zoe Yellow Spider

166 posts in this topic

What a beauty. I am in love with this Spider.

a few weeks back when avoiding a crash I damaged two wheels on the sidewalk. so I had to arrange a different set of rims so that i can get the gt black line rims restored. 

so the coming months will my spider will stand on mak volare mirror rims. 

also I have sprayed the ugly original calipers silver .

on the rear calipers ware already coated black so i diddent painted them. 

DSC00418.JPG

DSC00419.JPG

DSC00421.JPG

DSC00423.JPG

Thijs, the new wheels not bad at all. The shinning alu together with the rollbars, but i prefer the GT blacklines on your spider.

I do like the wheels. Makes the car look much meaner.

It's sad for damaged wheels :( , I wish you fine restoration.

These wheels are not bad at all, but aren't something special to me. Did you have them or bought it because of damaged wheels needs time to be repaired?

I see that you haven't install brembo calipers yet. Your car will look much better with them and bigger discs  ;)  and also will stop better :) .

and minor update for the end of the year.

the last months i have been busy with collecting parts

for example I have a neater and cleaner trunk upholstery and center console.

also, I'm on with my bic brake kit. now I only need brake pads, brake lines, rear brake discs and brake pads,

also I have a airduct bought for the bottom of the bumper, this should I saw still open and equipped with wire mesh. so that I can make a ram air for the bmc cda air filter that i have for while. 

don't mind the clutter around it, am still busy with a few other projects (ducati monster600 and a  honda ss50)

DSC00534.JPG

DSC00536.JPG

last Sunday I went to a small meeting. the so-called oliebollen meeting. I don't know how you guys call it on the other side of the world. but in the Netherlands we eat the oliebollen always around new year. 

also there were still a couple members from here. JimBo with his sportiva, joost1990 with his turbo ts, and-1337-with his new 3.0 24v He has not yet introduced. 

27y0dg1.jpg

2w2quti.jpg

The calipers look really good  :thumbsup: . Powder coating? That disc is 305 mm, right? The adapters also look good. Waiting for pictures after brake upgrade :) .

350Z style calipers?  :D

nopompom.gif

only the colour is not quite match.... <_<

Ducati_996-Wallpaper.jpg

Edited by butt head

The poor girl fell of the bike. Her boobs crushed by the front wheel. I wish her a speedy recovery.

I had a few days off during the Christmas season. so I'm only gone to tinkering.

the spider had a shifting problem lately. After lubricating the shiftingrods and and chancing gear oil  it goes a lot better but still not perfect. 

the only what still can be lubricated is the shifting mechanism on top of the gearbox. 

Yesterday I thought I quikly replace the center console . Unfortunately, it turns out toe be more work than I expected.

the whole dashboard had to get out of the car to replace the upper part. 

but it's worked out successful and it looks a lot nicer. 

the old center console 

DSC03665.JPG

spider whithout the dachboard 

DSC03668.JPG

the new center console. 

DSC03672.JPG

Omg. That looks like a huge job. I can imagine that took you quite some time. Nice end result. Top job!

I had the same thing with my gearbox, had it flushed and new oil and now it shifts smoother then ever before. Actually small metal particles where found. By flushing you remove these, and less damage by those particles.

It was indeed quite a big job.. Saturday from 15.00 to 16.40. Sunday from 9.30  to 16.00 worked on it. 

but the result is there to see. 

the oil of my gearbox was black as engine oil. it woudtent surprise me if it had the last 8 years no oil chance . Luckily I had no metal chips in it.