Welcome to Squadra916

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

mario1942

Gtv Cup 2.0 TS Rosso Alfa nr.038

41 posts in this topic

Hi!

Here are some photos of my Alfa Romeo Gtv 2.0 TS in a rare Rosso Alfa paint. Of course there still much work to be done, because this car was in extremely bad condition when I bought it. Now the car is waiting to have front spoiler fixed, engine repaired and gearbox replaced. Also i have to cope with rust :/ The car is from Switzerland - so i guess that red paint for Cup was only available there.

Now I'm looking for Edizione Sportiva in 3.0 V6, but it's hard to spot any :)

Oh, and here is my "new" exhaust:

Cheers, Mariusz

post-208-0-04966500-1339178998_thumb.jpg

post-208-0-84483900-1339179080_thumb.jpg

post-208-0-00401900-1339179164_thumb.jpg

post-208-0-92048200-1339179657_thumb.jpg

post-208-0-28133000-1339179665_thumb.jpg

post-208-0-98593700-1339184113_thumb.jpg

One more CUP :wub:

It will look much better with the front CUP spoiler !!!

It has been respray ? Because "GTV Cup" boot badge should be on the left :huh:

Yes, unfortunately nearly entire surface of the car has been resprayed. That's why now I have problems with rust and poor quality of paint. Cup badge will be placed properly soon, I swear ;) The problem is that someone glued it with so tough glue, that probably any operation will damage paint. But we will see.

Original, made by Alfa Cup spoiler with new front bumper are waiting in the garage! I think that I'ill put them on the car next week :)

Glad another CUP will see better days!

What's your exhaust setup? It sounds so bloody amazing, sporty but not loud, exactly what I'm looking for!

My exhaust setup is very simple - i left 2 original cats, bought stock mid silencer and added 2 mats there. Finally i bought Engstler exhaust - without any silencers, but with diffusers. It sounds better than on vid - I'll try to find some better camera and make onother one :)

Persimmon - here is the story, but it is not much complicated :)

It was manufactured in Italy, in 2001r and immediately went to Switzerland. I don't know much about owner, but I know he was 38 when he bought it. Unfortunately my "Cup" was crashed in 2004/5 - i don't know it for sure. I think that it was quite a big crash - for sure front was destroyed. Then it was taken to Poland by a tradesman, to be repaired cheaply and sold. After this mileage was: 46000 km.The customer was a woman - aged 34 - she told that "she liked the look". She was driving this car in the our capital - Warsaw - you know: small park places, much traffic and so on. The result of that were terrible scratches everywhere, so she painted them - nearly repainting whole car. She had at least two crashes and one was quite big. She stopped the car on the crossing and lorry crashed into it, pushing her into another lorry. Rear bumper, hood, front bumper - and unfortunately front spoiler were destroyed. Because the women was quite rich she decided to repair it once again. She used it for daily driving - kids to school, shopping etc. That's why she destroyed engine, clutch and gearbox... She was also smoking :/ Then she started new business and it became a company car (!!!). She stopped servicing it properly and the car started to become a ruin. The thing I'm sure is that the mileage when i bought it was ca 108000 km (about 67000 miles) . That was my story B)

At least you know the complete history of the car. It's a bit of a sad story but it will work out great in the end! Good luck and please keep us posted on your progress ;)

Maybe the story is no so happy... But for me the most important is, that the car is "straight" - just a good base for classic. I've already invested a lot of money in it, but the biggest problem is that it needs more and more to be even in an average condition for me (I'm a perfectionist, maybe that's why ;) )

I need to ask You for some advice - i have 4 options now - and i don't know which to choose.

I can stay with this car, repair engine, gearbox and paint and enjoy weak TS,

I can make a swap for 3.0 V6 - the cost is pretty much the same, but sometimes i think that it is a terrible mistake in this rare car!

I can buy 3.0 V6 Edizione Sportiva

I can buy 3.2 V6 in Rosso Alfa with Q2 already on board

The decision must be quick and I'm a little bit confused :ph34r:

We've got one supercharged TS in Poland, I've seen it and it has one problem - terrible sound ;) To be honest V6 Busso rules.

I thought swap is a mistake because Cups now are unique.

The decision was made, accidentally :) I've just spotted and bought 2.0 V6 TB for 800e - i hope that in two weeks time the whole swapping process will start. Maybe it's a mistake - but full TS and gearbox repair costs here in Poland at least 1600e and swap costs 900e. So the decision was simple - we're going to improve Cup a little :D

Do NOT mess with that...

If for example the engine and the ecu is from a V6 TB before 98' you will have to change the console with an older one... and many more..

Personally, I wouldn't mess with that...

Get a 16V turbo engine from a Fiat Coupe instead.

I've bought complete 2.0 V6 TB for this 800e :D

Gtv is my second car, so it can take even years it doesn't matter.

I know about problems with air conditioning and console, but my friend has already finished project like that - everything works properly ;) We will manage, don't worry ;)

Great look, super exhaust! :) However, as I am well-known nit-picker, I object to those not so well hidden parking sensors on the rear! :)